The most intuitive workout and exercise tracker for any fitness routine.
Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker, designed to help you get better results from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join over 1.2 million people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
“I’d suggest downloading the “Strong” app before you return to the gym. It’s that good” - CNBC
“with apps like Strong, working out feels more like a game” - The Verge
“I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none”
“I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn't train without it”
“Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for.”
“This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly... I wish I could give 10 stars.”
“It's by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I’ve used.”
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn’t bog you down with distractions and unnecessary gimmicks you’d never use.
Strong is optimized for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
• The simplest interface of any fitness app in the App Store
• A comprehensive range of cardio and strength exercises - and add your own too!
• Fully-featured Apple Watch app to log workouts with or without your iPhone
• Add your own routines and easily choose between them
• Detailed exercise instructions with a growing library of animated videos
• Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
• Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
• Support for multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
• Supersets/Grouped Exercises
• Track your progress with graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
• Automatically back up your data with Cloud Sync!
• Built in body measurements tracker to record your weight and other vitals, with support for Apple Health
• Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
• Plate Calculator for when the weights get high
• Support for Imperial (lbs) and Metric (kg) weights, or a combination of both
• Add notes and progress pictures to your workouts
• Share sheet makes sharing routines and workouts with friends easier than ever!
• Export all of your data to Notes or Email in CSV format
The free version of Strong can save unlimited workouts, but is limited to 3 custom routines. Upgrade to a Strong PRO subscription ($4.99/month or $29.99/year) for an unlimited number of routines and to unlock additional PRO features.
Strong will automatically charge your iTunes Account at the end of your subscription or free trial period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Subscriptions renew at the original price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time and still receive full functionality until the end of your current period, but no refund can be provided for unused portions of the subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you’ve previously purchased “Unlock Strong” or “Strong Combo Pack”, you’ll be able to use the Restore Purchases option in the app for access to all Strong PRO features.
These prices are for customers in the United States and may vary depending on your iTunes Account settings. In-app purchases and subscriptions cannot be shared using Family Sharing.
Strong Terms of Service - http://help.strongapp.io/article/73-strong-terms-of-service
New in Strong 5.7
• NEW: Apple Watch - We’ve completely redesigned the Set Entry screen! This allows you to edit Set Type, RPE, and notes, as well as view your workout instructions and history right from your Watch!
• Fix: Apple Watch - Rest timer skipped when app is in background
• Fix: Workouts per Week chart date label poor readability
Ratings and Reviews
The best workout tracker! one suggestion-
I’ve tried at least a dozen workout applications and this one has reigned supreme. Some applications do some of what Strong does, but not everything. The interface is very pleasing to use while still allowing for great functionality.
One thing I’d suggest is to list the muscles involved with each exercise. You can see them highlighted in the picture/gif that demonstrates the exercise, but sometimes you cannot see everything clearly. List the primary and then secondary muscles activated during the exercise, and allow users to filter exercises by them. Instead of filtering by arm exercises, filter by biceps or triceps. The application “full fitness” does this well for example. If you want to go above and beyond, display the human body and allow users to tap which muscles they want to find exercises for. In addition, I’ve never seen an application list specifically which parts of a muscle are used. For example, the long vs short head of the biceps or the anterior/posterior/medical head of the deltoid. All in all this is minor but it would put Strong even further ahead of the competition for me.n
Not completing all exercises in a routine on watch deletes them from the routine
Edit: Fixed!! Thank you, Strong! Got 2 more people using it in the last week.
Hey! I love this app! I use it every day and tell people in my classes to use it! The new update has a really bad bug though. It breaks my use case. I use the new watch with data, so I don’t have to bring my phone with me to the gym. I only use the watch and I log everything on the watch. When I perform a routine and do not perform an exercise or two, those exercises that are not performed are deleted from the routine after save!! I have to go and add them back every time. This breaks my use case. For example, my Tuesday routine contains abs, chest and triceps. I normally load the routine and do abs before I teach my spin class, save routine, then load the routine again after class to do my chest and triceps. But when I opened the routine after spin, the chest and triceps exercises are gone! This has happened every time. Even after I go back and fix it, they are removed again. Please fix!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ll change to 5 stars for fixing.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and the love! We take all of our users feedback to heart to improve the user experience and create the best workout app out there. We couldn't do it without your support and feedback and look forward to getting better and better with every update! Happy Lifting. -Strong Team
I spent half of my winter break trying to build a similar app because I had always tracked my workouts on my Notes app, which became a mess. But then I found this app, which has a clean, easy to use interface and everything you need to track your lift progress in the gym. I love it. The only thing that stops me from giving it a perfect 5 star rating is that I wish they would implement a feature where you can enter the desired rep range when you’re building a workout, and then show your history for that specific rep range during the workout. Currently, if I do 4 x 8-12 on bench press, but the following time I bench 5 x 3, it’ll show me on the active workout that I did however much weight for 8-12 reps last time. Not a huge deal to go into history and find it myself, but it’d be cool for it to pull up the last time I did 5 sets of 3 and show me the weight I lifted that time on the active workout screen after telling it that that’s the number of reps I’m going to do for that workout. Again, otherwise amazing app, but would love it if y’all could add this feature. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and the love! We take all of our users thoughts to heart to improve the user experience and create the best workout app out there. We couldn't do it without your support and insight and look forward to getting better and better with every update! Happy Lifting. We are working on bringing this feature to the app in the future! -Strong Team
- Strong Fitness Ltd.
- 168.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Strong Fitness Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Strong PRO (1 Month) $4.99
- Unlock + Power Pack (Legacy) $6.99
- Unlock Strong (Legacy) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.