Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This universal iOS application controls all devices through the local network or 3G! It is a generic remote controller for your iPhone/iPad/Android which simply sends and reads strings over a network socket. You can easily communicate with micro controllers connected to your LAN (for example AVR-Board, Arduino Board, reembox, raspberry pi, self made hardware) or with other computers.
Control your RFM12 power outlets, infrared devices or read sensor data like temperature.. there are endless possibilities!
Build your own remote control with the online editor on my website without knowing how to create iOS applications and reuse your config in other apps like an OSX Dashboard Widget (also available on my website).
- generic view rendering (button, slider, label, switch)
- sending, receiving data over sockets
- use custom icons with iTunes FileSharing
- reconnect after connection errors
- support for multiple receivers
- supports low level TCP socket or HTTP connections
- send requests continuously while holding down a button
- send impulses with a specified delay
- sync configurations with online UI-Designer
- display responses on labels every X miliseconds (interval updates)
- scrollable pages
- support for all orientations (ipad)
- utf-8 support
Important: This application needs some hardware or software to connect to. Without such a thing nothing will happen! Please contact me if you have any problems!
The configuration file 'default.json' will be available in the iTunes Filesharing after the first start.
More information and configuration instructions are available at www.davideickhoff.de. There is also a demo video, which shows a working scenario where you can control IR devices and some power connectors.
(Demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWm2Q_TL4HY )
If there are any problems please write a mail!
What's New in Version 1.4.3
- more visual configuration options (colors, alignments)
- custom button backgrounds
- custom background images in iPhone version
- collapsible navigation
- new optional static navigation (navigation buttons in different sizes)
- major http protocol fixes
Good concept, not so good stability and examples
This app and the required programming is definitely not simple enough for a new programmer.
I found the documentation very lacking in examples to help the user understand how to implement the different functions and options. Some of the UI options are not even explained or discussed anywhere!
The sample server file NetIO supplies also has what I consider to be a huge bug where as soon as you close the app, the server closes so when you reopen the app, it cannot connect. For anyone looking to buy this app, know that you WILL need to create your own python server script for this to work properly.
The app also sometimes fails to sync with the UI designs I have saved online.
Overall it's a good concept and I can tell quite a bit of work went into it but for $7.99 it should have been a little better documented to help a new programmer get up and running.
Powerful App for an Arduino
If you own an Arduino that has an ethernet connection than this is a must have app!! Completely customizable, from buttons to backgrounds. This app flawlessly transfers data from iphone to arduino and back. I have used to read and set a temperature from my iphone and remotely turn pins on and off. There is a little bit of a learning curve when getting started, but if you have any knowledge of programming than you will have no problem.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 04, 2013
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Eickhoff und Björn Wagner
- © David Eickhoff
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.