Bonsai Album - track your bonsai tree collection
By Andrew Nicolle
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bonsai Album makes keeping track of your Bonsai or Penjing collection easy. Track development of your trees throughout their lives, on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch!
Whether you're new to Bonsai, a collector, or a dealer, Bonsai Album is the ideal tool for organizing your trees, pots, and notes.
Here's what you can do with Bonsai Album:
- Record details about your trees, including age, source, style, species, and dimensions.
- Select from over 200 species names (with common and botanical names), or add new species.
- Store pot details, along with photos.
- Track styling, fertilizing, and other events for every tree and pot in dated log entries.
- Create and edit log entry reminders linked to your calendar.
- Add multiple photos per tree, pot and log entry.
- Add text captions for each photo.
- Select photos to appear on the main thumbnail display for each tree or pot.
- Scroll through photos in a full-screen gallery view, or in thumbnail form.
- View your bonsai and pot collections in table form, or by image.
- View the log history for each tree or pot, sorted by date.
- Review statistics for your collection.
- Protect your data with a passcode lock.
- iOS4 multitasking and Retina graphics support.
- Database backup, restore, import and export over WiFi to your computer's web browser.
- Transfer the complete database between devices (iPad / iPhone / iPod) over WiFi via Bonsai Album BDBI-format support.
- CSV format support to import / export your Bonsai Album database to and from desktop spreadsheet applications.
- Bonsai Report export feature. View your bonsai and pot collection on your computer’s web browser. Great for keeping track of your collection for inventory or insurance purposes.
- iPad support at no extra charge!
Please note that Bonsai Album does not come preloaded with any photos, nor does it include any bonsai care information and so forth. It only tracks information and displays photos you’ve added yourself.
Please visit http://BonsaiAlbum.com for more information about Bonsai Album, including contact details to ask questions, request features, or report any issues. Join the Facebook page to discuss Bonsai Album with other fans.
What's New in Version 2.4
Note: This update requires iOS 5.1.1 or higher!
- Added iOS 8 and 64-bit support.
- Support for new high-resolution iPhone 6 / 6 Plus displays.
- Added database transfer via AirDrop (requires iOS 7 or higher and AirDrop-capable devices).
- Added support for the PC version of Bonsai Album.
- User interface improvements.
- Bug fixes.
Solid Performance, Organization, Navigation & Connectivity
Bought this App for my iPad to track my work. The App offers solid, stable performance working through well-thought-out entry fields. The ability to add photos of any items is valuable. Photo enlargements from inserted photos are easy to view detail. The up-front organization ability for each tree and pot is perfect. Best feature I enjoy: The Log. The Log has fields to track my root pruning (or other work)...and even include photos of roots, especially where work at a later date is needed. Easily set up an entry for a tree and seamlessly connect the work needed right to your device calendar. I root prune. Photograph the roots while exposed. Insert the photos in the Log. Note any particulars while I can clearly see the roots. Then set a date and notification effortlessly to my calendar for that future work. I also track my ground-growing tree material noting care specifics and trunk development. You'll enjoy this well designed App. The functionality is fabulous and the portability excellent. When I travel I can continue tree thoughts and easily add notes.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 08, 2014
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Andrew Nicolle
- © 2011-2014 Andrew Nicolle
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.