By The Game Bakers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SQUIDS is a unique mix of action strategy and RPG: build your team of heroes for epic turn-based battles against corrupted crabs and shrimps!
Steev, Vahine and the rest of the Squids are in danger! An infectious black ooze is corrupting their world. Only a few heroes can fight back and save their lush underwater kingdoms! Recruit a small army of stretchy Squids and lead them into turn-based battles against the dark hordes.
• #1 RPG in 65 countries!
• Loved by gamers all around the world: 5-star rating!
"The adorable spawn of Angry Birds and Final Fantasy Tactics" -The Escapist
"From the gameplay to the graphics to the sound, everything here is pitch-perfect." - GameZebo (5/5)
"SQUIDS is the game I was waiting for since the creation of the App Store. A masterpiece." - ApplicationiPhone
• Grab Squids by the tentacles, then fling them across the battlefield
• Mixes the best of iOS gaming with classic RPG elements
• Recruit a unique team of Squids in four different classes: shooters, scouts, troopers and healers
• Use strategy and skill to win turn-based battles, use the environment to your advantage
• Customize your party with special ability-boosting helmets
• Enjoy an epic story with giant turtle rides and heroic boss battles
• Discover the Squids' legendary world through gorgeous detailed levels
• Game Center and OpenFeint support for leaderboards and achievements
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 and iPod touch (4th). Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
The game is localized in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese and Russian.
For the latest info on SQUIDS, or to ask us a question, check us out on Twitter @SquidsTheGame or Facebook/SquidsTheGame
No Squids were harmed during the making of this game.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
- Korean translation
- BUG FIX: Chest of Pearl pearl amount
- BUG FIX: Venus achievement
To celebrate the launch of SQUIDS comic book on the App Store, we have updated the game with a few extras...
• A new map - with 2 new missions - and a new Squids to unlock: the pretty awesome Magnus, legendary gladiator from the Thalas arenas.
• To give you a foretaste of the comic book, we have also included just for you The Ballad of Clint and Sammo, a short comic book to let you discover how the mighty Sammo crossed path with the most wanted Squid Clint...
• And of course a few bug fixes and tweaks here and there.
Happy tentacle stretching and happy reading!
For info or news, here is how to reach us. We always reply!
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gorgeous, fun game with a sense of humor
First off, the game looks phenomenal, characters, levels, everything. The gameplay is a unique combination of physics with turn-based RPG. It can be a little frustrating at times, when after a number of careful moves, you get knocked off the edge to defeat. The recovery items are just a touch expensive. The leveling system is also unique, but a little obscure: leveling gives you a small increase to your stats, while discovering and buying hats gives you a major increase to your stats. However, which hat you equip has no tactical relevance, it is purely aesthetic for some reason. The overall mood and sense of humor makes this among the best I've played. The story is OK but a little haphazardly told. I would complain about levels being reused except the developers have generously added a huge number of bonus levels after release, which tie into the game's story not just random levels.
Surprisingly deep fun
If you're busy with work and kids but still want to play a deep game. Enjoy stylish comic art, angry birds type physics action, mixed with tactical turn based rpg, story and challenge modes with a comic that goes with it, great music calm with whale or dolphins sound.... It's not time consuming quick stages with building characters and buying new equipment just all around surprise great replayability after beating the game. Why did I not get this sooner? Maybe I thought it was just a kids thing I'm 30 loving this game, Some times I just have to trust in my gut why don't you?
Puts a smile on your face
Squids has all the charm of a Pixar movie, and is just as suitable for all ages - probably the most endearing cast of characters in an RPG yet. The mechanics of combat are one of the best matches of form and function as well. Squids knows how to make the best use of a touch screen, and it's great that vestiges of console game design were abandoned here when unnecessary. Squids plays like an iOS game, not a console port like so many other even iOS original games out there.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 05, 2013
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 208 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Game Bakers
- © The Game Bakers
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pack of pearls$0.99
- Chest of pearls$3.99
- Sea of pearls$14.99