By Location Based Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PocketFinder is the easiest way to locate People, Pets and Vehicles with the PocketFinder GPS locators. Quickly locate your devices on a map, create zones and speed limit alerts and manage your account from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This app is perfect for families and businesses that need to stay connected.
· Mapping – View your devices on a single map or just a single PocketFinder on an individual page
· Alerts – Receive text message, email and push notifications for zone, speed and power alerts
· Zones – Create zones and receive alerts when a PocketFinder GPS Tracker enters, exits or both
· Speed Limits – Set speed limits and receive alerts when your device goes above your limit
· History – View location history for up to 60 days
· Profile – Personalize your device's name and picture
· Global Technology — You can locate your devices no matter how far they travel from your location.
· Children — Know where they are even when you can't be with them at school or their activities.
· Teens — Achieve peace of mind while giving teens independence. Review driving speeds and history and know where they are in an emergency.
· Pets — Turn your dog's collar into a GPS dog collar and be alerted if they run off.
· Seniors — Adults can locate senior parents at any time without being intrusive.
· Special Needs — Rest assured knowing you can quickly locate your special needs loved one at any time.
· GPS Vehicle Tracker — Locate your loved ones or employees on the road. Receive alerts for zones and speed. Works with cars, trucks, fleets, motorcycles, boats and other assets.
++This app works with PocketFinder People, Pet and Vehicle GPS devices sold in Apple Retail Stores and Apple.com. Service plan required but no contract required.++
What's New in Version 2.8.1
- Minor bug fixes.
Really needs an interface upgrade
It does the job, but in a very roundabout way. The interface is inelegant to say the least. Suggestion: have the route of the device actually drawn on a map (with moving arrows along it to show direction). The longer a person stays in one spot, the thicker the line gets. If they stop, put a small symbol on the line. Have small clickable dots representing when the device phones home, and tapping them pulls that info up - so you can see where they are when. It would be far better to visually SEE the route and have to click on for the time stamp then the current method of just having gawky time stamps all over the place and your brain has to fill in the route in some kind of multi-dimensional connect-the-dots.
Needs improvements badly!
This app works but is not well designed for users. For example, why can't alerts be deleted after you've viewed them. Why do I need to know that the battery was low 6 months ago? The alert badge shows a constant rolling total of EVERY alert you have received! On the developer's web site there is a support link to a video on how to manage alerts. The link points to nothing. Enough said. Plus the trackers are way too expensive and then they add a service plan! This is gone.
I've bought several of their devices now and haven't had problems. Good product.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 26, 2015
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: location based technologies
- © 2006-2014 Location Based Technologies, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.