PhotoStackr for 500px
By iPont Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From the creators of FlickStackr, PhotoStackr brings 500px photo sharing to the iPad. Designed from the ground up for the larger screen, it allows you to BROWSE photos in the 500px universe. UPLOAD photos to 500px.
What can you do with PhotoStackr that the official 500px app does not let you ?
- Upload photos to 500px
- Browse by photo categories
- Bookmark photos on your device (Stack)
- Work offline
follow us on Twitter @ipontCA
Key Features :
==== BROWSING ====
- Single app compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad. ( iOS4 ). Including Retina and multitasking on iOS4
- You can look at your own photos, your favorites and your friends and their photos.
- Explore 500px's Editors, Popular and Fresh photos. Filter them by Category.
- Full screen photo browser that lets you swipe through photos and zoom by pinching. (Landscape and Portrait).
- Slideshow mode, including support for external displays (TV & VGA)
- No need for paging while looking at large photosets. PhotoStackr does it automatically in the background.
Photos are cached locally for fast access.
- Exif and photo location viewing
- Search photos in 500px : via keyword or tags
- Offline mode for looking at photos while disconnected.
- A unique feature is the 'STACK'. The Stack lets you mark photos and photosets from you or any other people. This stack is saved on your iPad, so that you can keep this list without having to publish it to 500px. Useful when you want to review photos later, or share them all via email
- Share photos with friends via email, Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr
==== UPLOAD ====
- Upload photos directly from your iPhone/iPad. Use the device's photo library as source, the camera, the Camera Connection Kit, or using iTunes drag and drop, to get photos from your computer
- At upload time you can specify : title, caption, geo location, category
- Exif and GPS information is maintained when uploading
- Upload in the background while you continue to browse photos
- LIMITATION : Browsing your photo library to choose photos in high resolution requires granting location access to PhotoStackr. This is unfortunately an Apple imposed limitation
==== ACCOUNT FLEXIBILITY ====
- Support for having multiple 500px accounts active. This is ideal for households sharing an iPad or for people with multiple identities online.
- Supports all iPad screen orientations.
- Access to flickr.com photography (browse, edit, upload) via in-app purchase.
- As a universal application, PhotoStackr 500px is also compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch 4.0+
NOTE : PhotoStackr for 500px may require "Location Access" to be able to browse the photo library for uploads. This is an iOS 4.x limitation imposed by Apple to apps. Other apps which do not require it will NOT get you Exif or full resolution.
What's New in Version 3.8
- Improved search capabilities : allow filtering based on category and specify sorting
- Support for the PhotoCopy protocol
* We now support the PhotoCopy protocol as a destination, which provides integration with 2 popular iOS photo apps :
* Photosmith : (NOTE - The current version of Photosmith only provides 2048px photos. We're working with them on enhancing this)
* You can send photos directly from any of these to apps to PhotoStackr, to benefit from the all the photo services we support and more fine grained control for uploading
- Better progress report when adding photos to the upload queue from the photo library
- Edit photo copyright and safety, both for existing photos and new uploads
- Improved Groups support, all natively within the app
* Join and leave groups
* View group discussions
* Start new topics in discussions
* Reply to topics
- Improved Gallery support
* Create new galleries
* Add and remove photos to/from galleries
- Improved tag support
* Display tags in their full form (with spaces and symbols), and allow proper navigation
- iPhone photo edit improvements
* Better photo security edit UI for iPhone
* Improved photo upload size UI for iPhone
- Improved performance when browsing groups with thousands or millions of photos
- Edit photo copyright, both for existing photos and new uploads
- Batch download may stop after downloading videos
- Show correct new album privacy options for Facebook
- Removing GPS location from a photo when uploading was not removing it from EXIF
- Stability improvements all over
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 07, 2014
- Version: 3.8
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: iPont Software
- © 2011 iPont Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Flickr Photography$1.99
- Box+Dropbox+Drive Photos$0.99
- Instagram Photography$0.99
- Picasa/Google+ Photography$0.99
- Ipernity Photograpy$0.99