By Simian Squared Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
By the co-developers of The Other Brothers comes a retro tinker toy where you can play with sound and physics.
Create organic and chaotic music with your device using the beautiful, retro tinker-tool that is Physynth!
Physynth has a selection of the finest vintage and retro sounds as well as a selection of modern sounds and allows you to play them in a revolutionary way - rediscover your creative side!
Designed specifically for the new iPad and iPad 2, Physynth pushes your device to the limits to create a truly fun audio-visual experience, bring back that sepia-toned nostalgia of finding a "real" piece of 70s hardware in the garage.
WHAT IS PHYSYNTH?
• iPad3 Retina ready and iPad2 optimised!
• No need for technical know-how. If you can draw a line, you can create Physics Soundscapes with Physynth!
• Revolutionary physics-based performance tool!
• Cutting edge 3D graphics featuring unique shaders to emulate wood, plastic, glass and realistic materials that react to tilt and realtime lighting.
• Headphones are recommended for full stereo immersion and realtime panning.
• Regular updates with new functionality and new Instruments for free!
• contact us via twitter for feedback and suggestions, we will try to reply to everyone!
• iPad1 owners may encounter difficulties due to low memory. If you experience difficulties, please try restarting your device.
• Physynth is designed for and runs best on iPad2 and the new iPad.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
“Every now and then in a sea of copycats we see something truly new and unique that catches our attention”
“Overall Physynth is a blast; anyone who appreciates music and enjoys creating it will value the effort the designer’s put into this app.”
“Physynth is a great example of an experimental music app; offering the control you need to make meaningful experiments with predictable outcomes.”
“It is gobsmacking and amazing to say the least.”
Definitely worth the download! Very interesting approach and just damn addictive.
via Wire to the Ear
• View the TV advert now at: physynth.com
• Crafted by Simian Squared: simian2.com
• twitter @SquaredApe and @ChimpSquared
GIFT THIS APP:
• Click the "Buy App" arrow on the iTunes® App Store.
What's New in Version 3.0
New exciting 'Circuit' drumpad sample set!
Performance increase for iPad1.
Minor bug fix with instrument selection.
Physynth is NOT a synthesizer... Without filters or envelope generators, it's barely a sample player, but Physynth isn't about the sounds so much as a unique way to create notes. Unfortunately, the notes it produces tend to sound without any sense of rhythm, which is the most fundamental aspect of music. The developer has clearly put a lot of effort into the graphics. Tilt your iPad and the panel and knobs shimmer as if being lit from different angles - very cool, pointless to sound creation, but cool non the less. I wish that it didn't have the antique "aged" look to it which makes some of the labels hard to read. I don't think it is a great instrument, but it is fun to play with, and with the right updates, Physynth could become a powerful tool.
Underrated, and super groovy!
It is unfortunate that many folks who write bad reviews have more than likely never read the manual, having said that, this app can create some really wonderful soundscapes. My only request would be CoreMIDI support, and better export/copy/paste functions. It looks really swell too!
Needs some kind of feedback
This is the only weird objects physics based synth that I could tolerate ! That Said ,..I still deleted it ,because there was so little I could Identify with the result as something I felt like WASN'T a sound that happens no matter how you approach this thing ..which has a very sexy LOOKING interface ..but like a bad booty call ..your really not sure if you got what you came for! Peace christo