OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive)
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) is the one place for everything in your life. Easily store and share photos, videos, documents, and more. When you upload photos or videos from your iPhone or iPad to OneDrive, you can get to them when you’re on your PC, Mac, tablet, or phone. With OneDrive for iOS, you can easily get to, manage, and share files on the go:
• Automatically upload photos and videos to OneDrive using Camera Backup.
• Browse all your OneDrive files and files shared with you.
• Share files by sending a link in email or getting a link to copy and paste.
• Move, delete, and rename files, and create new folders.
• Open your OneDrive files in other apps, including Office Mobile for iPhone.
• Quickly get to documents you've recently opened.
What's New in Version 4.1
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
This could be my go to cloud storage app to replace Dropbox if it were a bit more user friendly.
I like how easily recipients can view the photos when I invite them or send a link. However, the UI is not intuitive or user friendly.
It would be helpful if the tile interface didn't revert back to list view when I'm selecting photos. Also, I'd really like videos to automatically upload to a separate folder. Better automatic grouping of photos would save so much time. It also desperately needs background uploading.
I really want to use OneDrive because the end result was so positive; I love that anyone whom I chose can view and download the photos from any device, but it was a chore getting to that point.
This could easily be a 4 or 5 star app with a few improvements!
Microsoft has helped close the gap integrating data and its apps.
One thing the OneDrive interface needs to address - and quickly - is how folders/data is displayed in the app.
Showing a tiled layout of folders and files may work well for someone with a few items to keep track of in the cloud, but when you're a business user with 100's of folders and 1000's of files, viewing that information in a tiled layout is not user friendly.
Please change the app so it allows for:
- sorting by data
- sorting by name
- detail list view
Second significant change that would help is adding the ability to chose files to sync between computers and OneDrive so that the cloud and desktop versions were always up to date with the most recent information.
Making these changes would go a long way to creating a 5 star app.
File Data? But this app is awesome anyway
This app is awesome. It adds a dimention to file sharing. One problem I have with it though is file info. Unlike a flash drive (which it advertizes), when you add a file (lets say a photo from this Ipod), and i access and download it to another device, the "date taken" domain on the file is empty in properties. I know that apple devices always encorperate this meta data in to pictures when they are created. If this is fixed, the app would be so much better.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 19, 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.