OneDrive - Cloud storage for files & photos
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OneDrive is the one place for everything in your work and personal life. It gives you free online storage for all your personal files so you can get to them from your iOS device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. With OneDrive for Business, you also get storage for your work files so you can share and collaborate on them with other people at your work or school. The OneDrive app for iOS lets you easily work with your personal and work files when you’re on the go:
• Browse all your OneDrive files and files shared with you.
• Automatically upload photos and videos to your personal OneDrive account using Camera backup.
• Share your files.
• Move, delete, and rename files, and create new folders.
• Open your OneDrive files in other apps, including Office apps.
• Quickly get to documents you've recently opened.
• Search for your files and folders.
Note: For you to sign in to OneDrive for Business, your organization needs to have a qualifying SharePoint Online or Office 365 business subscription plan. You can't sign in with an account from an on-premises directory.
What's New in Version 6.8
- Your lines have never looked so smooth! PDF annotations are now pressure sensitive, including support for Apple Pencil and 3D Touch displays.
- Plenty of bug fixes and stability improvements.
Note: If you are experiencing issues with the app, please report the issue by shaking your device or clicking "Contact Us" in settings.
Cache photo thumbnails, throttling
Cache photo thumbnails! They take forever to load with the throttling on even the fastest data connection. Changing folders forced them to continually reload. The Dropbox Photo tab has a thumbnail scrubber (with dates) so I can immediately locate items in my album. With OneDrive it would take hours for the screen to paint - provided it didn't crash first. I've resorted to breaking my camera rolls into calendar quarters by year just to reduce the throttling and screen painting but it hasn't helped much.
Can we note shared files as being "shared" when performing a search?! This applies for both SharePoint and OneDrive searches. I see two Document folders...one being someone else's files I'd like filtered from my search results. And as far as that's concerned, some (ANY) search criteria would be appreciated. SharePoint (online) search is vastly better than OneDrive--can we do something for the app?
We fight with this daily and it's too much to handle for a so-called "productivity" app.
Free Storage AAAA+++++
In the beginning it had a different name Sky Drive I believe and was not that great as the years went it has improved drastically and is being used by a number of organizations including Schools. OneDrive is like having an extra HardDrive actually it's better than that. Because you can access it from anywhere on any computer or Tablet Phone etc. and the best part is it's Free there's not much Free in the world today but this is 30gb of storage for free. So congratulations to us all and be patient as they make improvements to the App.
I was deciding between the cloud options (google drive, iCloud, onedrive) and ended up going with the Microsoft option because of the ability to seamlessly go between the office apps and the cloud and Office applications. The photo tagging also adds a nice touch. Each of the big three have their advantages depending on where you create most of your docs/files, but I'm very satisfied with onecloud as a service. The app is easy to use as well and integrates nicely with my iPhone photo library.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 19, 2016
- Version: 6.8
- Size: 85.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- OneDrive + 100$27.99