GPS & Maps is a simple, yet powerful GPS app for supporting navigation and outdoor activities like geocaching, sailing, skating, trekking, biking or traveling by airplane.
It measures your position, height and acceleration with accuracy information and in different units like feet, meter, miles and kilometers. Your highest altitude and speed will also be logged. You can show and save your current position or other waypoints on a map and pick one of the following formats to view your coordinates:
- GPS Coordinates (Latitude/Longitude)
- Decimal Degrees
GPS & Maps is a must have for geocachers, due to the easy switching between coordinates and map. The integrated flashlight enables users like geocachers to find targets even in dark environments without having to use a separate device.
Via in-app purchase you can add some useful features to GPS & Maps:
- Premium Edition: Unlock all of the following features.
- Waypoints Addon: Save your current location as a marker on the map. Add new locations like geo caches to the map by entering GPS coordinates. Pick different colors for waypoints. Export waypoints via e-mail. Show or hide saved waypoints on the map.
- Map Widgets: The draggable Map Widgets show your location, altitude, speed and GPS accuracy directly on the map. You can change the widget transparency and textcolor in the settings to optimize readability on different map tiles and map data sources like Google Maps or Open Street Map.
- Compass: The compass shows your heading relative to magnetic north or true north (configurable in the settings) and your current location coordinates. It also shows additional information like street, city and country. If you buy Compass and Map Widgets the Compass will also be displays as a widget on the map.
- Open Street Map Addon: This feature enhances the map with additional map data from Open Street Map.
- Google Maps Addon: This feature enhances the map with additional map data from Google Maps. The map modes 'standard', 'satellite', 'hybrid' and 'terrain' can be selected in the options menu.
Please keep in mind that the accuracy of your position and acceleration always depends on the intensity of the available GPS signal. Compass and heading information are only available on devices with magnetometer (iPhone3 GS or newer and iPad).
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Would be nice to be able to touch a saved point icon on the map and have the points list scroll to that point instead of only being able to pick a point from your saved list and it center you on that point. Also would be nice to be able to export your entire saved points list instead of only one at a time via email. Also app sometimes glitches and keeps re centering on my location when im trying to pan around my area.
Great for my work!
I am a game warden on the water in Maryland. We deal with areas of the water where commercial fishermen are not allowed to harvest fish/shellfish. I love the easy waypoint system! It allows me to mark each area off so I can easily refer to this app to make sure watermen are supposed to be where they are. I only have one suggestion I would like to add. If you could make it possible to add lines/tracks from waypoint to waypoint, it would help me out a lot!
No more excuses!!
Now my wife knows that I can’t use my common excuse: “Sorry, hon, I got lost” when I’m supposed to meet her somewhere, because now I always know exactly where I am within +/- 6 inches! I guess this should have earned it 1 star, at the most, but I’ve gotta be honest, it’s really a great app to have handy!!
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 23.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Editon $4.99
- POI / Waypoints $0.99
- Smart Compass $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.