Simple - Better Banking
By Simple Finance
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Replace your bank with everything you need to organize your spending and save more.
• See your transactions appear in seconds on your iPhone
• Know instantly how much you can afford with Safe-to-Spend™
• Save automatically with Goals
• See each transaction in detail: spending category, map location, and more
• Track and organize your spending with memos
• Attach receipts or photos to your transactions
• Find nearby ATMs from the Allpoint™ network—over 55,000 strong
• Contact customer service, customer service is just one button away
• Send payments, add payees, and schedule one-time or recurring bill payments
• Block or unblock your debit card from the app
• Activate your debit card or reset your debit card PIN
• Invite your friends to Simple with referrals
What's New in Version 1.7.0
- Customer can create external account links
- Customer can confirm external account trial deposits
- Customer can schedule external account transfers
- Provide original raw description in transaction details
- Provide link to reset passphrase
A+ app/service || B on external transactions
Coming from Ally bank (another "online only" branch) I could say that I don't miss much about it. Simple's app is way beyond any banking app that you have ever used and the service is exceptional.
However, there are a couple of things that could be improved, mainly in terms of turnaround time for external transactions (e.g. Paying bills online, making external transfers). Compared to Ally's it is too slow (around 10 days for transfers and 3-4 days for bills). I've freaked out a couple of times already.
Customer service handles well all these concerns though. They always respond back and give you accurate ETAs. Also, these guys have been live for only a year or so and I don't doubt they'll eventually improve this.
Excellent service/app and external transaction can be improved.
Awesome Bank & Service
I've recently switched over to Simple about two month ago and the service and use of the app has been amazing. The ease of mobile check deposit, creating simple budgets and goals, and being able to track my finances without having to wait for any transaction to process before knowing how much I really have in the bank. I've also recently lost my card, and through the app I was able to block my card and call Customer Service for a replacement. The thing is, I live all the way out in Hawaii, and my fear was that I wouldn't have access to funds for at least a week. Nope, they offered to replace my card AND FedEx my card to me at NO CHARGE - I received my replacement card in 2 days. Glad I switched banks.
Good app but decided against using the bank.
I experimented with using this bank and without investment options or any form of credit it's sort of worthless for more than a checking account. I would find a good credit union for several reasons 1. I don't trust large sums of money with FDIC 2. You can earn dividends back/ vote to change regulations 3. I like the concept of building a relationship with a bank to get better mortgage/cars loans etc. 4. Linking any credit union with Mint provides same features and your not limited to a single institution. Overall it's a great app and a good idea but if your looking for a primary bank starting out their are much better options.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Sep 19, 2013
- Version: 1.7.0
- Size: 25.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simple Finance Technology Corp.
- © 2011 Simple Finance Technology Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.