By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Xbox 360 SmartGlass to enhance your entertainment on Xbox 360.
Xbox 360 SmartGlass lets your device work with your Xbox 360 console to bring rich, interactive experiences and unique content about what you’re watching or playing, right to the device that’s already in your hand. Interact with your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, and games, and bring remote control to a whole new level.
You can also connect with your Xbox friends, track and compare your achievements, and change up your 3D avatar.
Got an Xbox One? There’s an Xbox One SmartGlass app too.
Xbox 360 SmartGlass lets you:
• Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
• Use your phone’s keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
• Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
• Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
• Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
• Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
• Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
• Change up your 3D avatar
• Message your Xbox friends
• Edit your Xbox profile
What's New in Version 2.5
Good app lacking a little
First, I like the app a lot especially with for watching Netflix. However, you could do a little extra to make this app great for the 360 or maybe even for the next gen! My only major gripe with this app is the remote feature. It's one of the most useful things, but it lacks greatly and is sometimes inconvenient.
What could be better:
1. When I'm using the remote feature, you could make keyboard come up when I am trying to search. Instead of scrolling through the letters and pressing A.
2. Spruce up the remote interface please! It's a little awkward. I like something more easy to natural.
3. If it was possible to keep the app running after I lock the device. So I can double tap and press pause next or fast forward, that would be very useful.
4. This may already be a feature that I haven't figured our yet. If it isn't, please make it so I can message recent players from the smartglass! I play sports games a lot and it would be a lot easier to send message of "good game" or maybe trash talk during game play. Pausing the match to do it is awful.
I would still download this app if you have the 360. It does have purpose.
A Must Have If You Have XboxLive
If you're like me, you absolutely hate messaging on any sort of console wether it be PS3 or Xbox360. SmartGlass obliterates that barrier. Now I can easily message my friends from my iOS devices (iPhone & iPad) using my easy touch keypad OR I can use my iOS device as a controller and message from there! Not to mention I can view all of my achievements (the date I received them), see who is online, customize my avatar, seamlessly switch between applications, and last but not least use my phone as a controller! I rarely use my Xbox controller anymore.
This is seriously one up over what Sony has now for their fans which is unfortunately nothing. Excited to learn more about their Playstation App...whenever it comes out.
Anyway, this app is a must!
Though it would be nice if you could make purchases from your device (with the release of Xbox One coming November 22nd I am sure the app will be updated soon).
All I can say is WOW! My whole Xbox experience has changed. This app will pave the future for gaming console control technology. I own an iPhone 5 and a galaxy s3. I was astonished to discover that on my galaxy s3 I can control every thing on my Xbox displayed to my tv screen, such as pictures, videos, downloads, games, pretty much anything on my Galaxy S3 however my iphone 5 is very limited in allowing the control of what I want to see on my tv screen. I cannot display a simple picture from my iphone photo album on my Xbox to my tv using this function on my iphone 5. iPhone 5 beats the galaxy s3 in most things but iphone and Xbox yet have work to do. Please enable the iPhone 5 the capability to at least match the performance of this function. Thank you.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 24, 2013
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 37.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2012 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.