Picture the Sentence
By Hamaguchi Apps for Speech, Language & Auditory Development
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From theimums.com: "I think the developer has done a great job with this app – it is engaging, simple to use, is very adjustable allowing it to be used by students with a range of abilities, and has the ability to track settings and data from multiple students. All this for $9.99 – a real bargain!! Highly recommended!"
“She is eating an apple under the tree.” What does that sentence really mean? What would it look like? Picture the Sentence is an exciting app for the iPHONE designed to practice language and auditory processing tasks at the basic sentence level. This app offers three different levels of difficulty so the child can learn how to attend to important elements of a sentence and “picture it,” attaching meaning to the words and eventually forming mental pictures without visual support. It is also an excellent choice for anyone who is trying to learn and understand the English language. **Turn the voice commands off and the text feature on, and this game can also be a great way to practice basic reading comprehension skills too!
We have incorporated a cute “Pick-a-Door” game, which can be selected at varying intervals so the user can take a break and have a little fun. The user opens each door until an animal comes out and says, "You found me!"
Options in the Settings Include:
• Choice of color drawing icons or stick figures
• Levels include: Easy (slow, with visual support staying on the screen) Intermediate (faster rate with pauses, with visual support flashing briefly on the screen) and Advanced (no pausing or visual support)
• Text on/Text off
• Choice of subjects: Pronouns (He/she/they) or nouns (boy/girl/children)
• Sandtimer (This delays the presentation of the picture choices so there is a greater challenge to the child’s working memory.)
• Sentence Types: Subject + verb, subject + verb + object, subject + verb + prepositional phrase, subject + verb + object + prepositional phrase
Hamaguchi Apps is dedicated to the mission of bringing high-quality apps to the general public and professionals for affordable prices.
Developed by Patti Hamaguchi, M.A., CCC-SLP, a noted speech-language pathologist and author of Childhood Speech, Language & Listening Problems: What Every Parent Should Know, as well as books on the treatment of auditory processing disorders.
To find out more about this app and our other upcoming projects, visit our website: www.hamaguchiapps.com
What's New in Version 1.3
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 26, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 93.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hamaguchi Apps for Speech, Language & Auditory Development
- © Copyright 2011 Hamaguchi Apps, a division of Hamaguchi & Associates Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologists, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.