Phraseology - Text Editor with Writing Tools
By Agile Tortoise
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Phraseology is an app for writing. A simple environment which makes it enjoyable to write on the iPad - but also supports you with tools that help to improve your writing.
### "Phraseology: The Definitive iPad Language Editor, 9 out of 10" - AppStorm
### New Yorker Magazine Digital Pick
### Macworld: 4 out of 5 mice.
### "Words nerd’s editor of choice.” - Wired's Gadget Lab
- Simple editing environment and lightweight document manager that do not distract from the task at hand.
- Extended keyboard with undo, cursor and selection manipulation functions.
- iCloud sync and backup.
- Link to a Dropbox account and maintain a full version history of document modification.
- Live character and word counts.
- High quality fonts and customizable font size.
- TextExpander Touch support.
- Unique Arrange feature edits documents or text selections via drag and drop reordering of paragraphs or sentences.
- Live syntax highlighting of parts of speech (English only) helps identify trouble areas in your text.
- Syntax highlighting for possible misspellings.
- Inspect view provides Flesh Kincaid (Reading Ease & Grade Level), Gunning Fog and SMOG index readability scores, as well as statistics such as average words per sentence, average syllables per word, etc.
- Inspect view breaks down down all parts of speech and root word occurrences to identify overused words.
# Share and Integrate
- State of the art URL schemes manipulate documents (open, append, prepend, get) as well as utilize Phraseology's Arrange and Inspect features from other apps such as Drafts and Editorial (see our website for details).
- Output documents via: Open in, Email, Clipboard, Print and iOS standard sharing options.
We are always looking for ways to improve our app, and would love you hear from you. Let us know what you think at:
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- NEW: New “Show Spelling Issues” option in syntax highlighter. When used, possible spelling errors (based on the same spell checking used by auto-correct) will be highlighted in red. Tapping on one triggers the suggestion menu for replacements. The spelling issue highlighting cannot be used at the same time as part of speech highlighting, so will disable other highlights when turned on.
- CHANGE: Smoother scroll/cursor handling.
- FIX: Improved accuracy of readability scoring.
- FIX: Fix for "Te:Replace" Terminology integration not working for first word in a document.
Keeps getting better and better!
I don't write many reviews, but Phraseology is a terrific app that keeps getting better and better. There have been some issues before, such as very minor slow-downs and "losing" the cursor below the bottom toolbar when typing via a bluetooth keyboard, but those issues have been corrected with this latest version. The tools available in the toolbar are great, especially the text selection tools, and the new spelling option is great. The sentence and paragraph movement tool is very clever and useful.
If you are looking for a minimal text editing app that has built-in Markdown support, Phraseology is great. It would be easy to argue that Editorial is more feature rich, but Phraseology seems focused on empowering you to write quickly and write well. Highly recommended!
I am an aspiring writer, and have filled my iPad with countless Apps seeking that special application that makes editing and rewriting easier. I have found it, this is it !! The interface is easy and the moving around of sentences and paragraphs is the best thing I have experience whilst writing my novel, short stories, and even school papers. Highly recommend.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 28, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Agile Tortoise
- © 2014 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.