Phraseology - Text Editor with Writing Tools
By Agile Tortoise
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Phraseology is an app for writing. A simple environment which makes it enjoyable to write on the iPad - but also supports you with tools that help to improve your writing.
### "Phraseology: The Definitive iPad Language Editor, 9 out of 10" - AppStorm
### New Yorker Magazine Digital Pick
### Macworld: 4 out of 5 mice.
### "Words nerd’s editor of choice.” - Wired's Gadget Lab
- Simple editing environment and lightweight document manager that do not distract from the task at hand.
- Extended keyboard with undo, cursor and selection manipulation functions.
- iCloud sync and backup.
- Link to a Dropbox account and maintain a full version history of document modification.
- Live character and word counts.
- High quality fonts and customizable font size.
- TextExpander Touch support.
- Unique Arrange feature edits documents or text selections via drag and drop reordering of paragraphs or sentences.
- Live syntax highlighting of parts of speech (English only) helps identify trouble areas in your text.
- Syntax highlighting for possible misspellings.
- Inspect view provides Flesh Kincaid (Reading Ease & Grade Level), Gunning Fog and SMOG index readability scores, as well as statistics such as average words per sentence, average syllables per word, etc.
- Inspect view breaks down down all parts of speech and root word occurrences to identify overused words.
# Share and Integrate
- State of the art URL schemes manipulate documents (open, append, prepend, get) as well as utilize Phraseology's Arrange and Inspect features from other apps such as Drafts and Editorial (see our website for details).
- Output documents via: Open in, Email, Clipboard, Print and iOS standard sharing options.
Phraseology is a great writing app for both K-12 and higher education environments. If you are using Phraseology in a school, please get in touch and tell us how to improve the app!
We are always looking for ways to improve our app, and would love you hear from you. Let us know what you think at:
What's New in Version 2.1.4
#### Visit our blog for more detailed release notes: agiletortoise.com/blog
- [Fix] Fix for x-success callback issue when using /inspect URL.
#### Help & Support: email@example.com
#### News and Tips: @phraseologyapp on Facebook and Twitter
Review and ratings are always appreciated!
Feature Request Please
Phraseology is pleasant to use. It is simple and has a lot of great features. Phraseology counts sentences you've written, average words per sentence, average syllables per word and many others. While these are useful and helpful features, I would appreciate an additional feature which not only counts the average syllables per word, but counts the syllables as you are typing them and displays those statistics alongside the words as you type them out. For that reason, and the fact that it was free, I downloaded it only to find out that the app was underdeveloped and was not functioning as it should. I was very disappointed. I am writing this review in the hopes that the developer will review and consider incorporating the feature that I have mentioned in my review. Thanks so much!
Kinda concerned about the Agile-ness
I used to be a kinda-agile guy, myself, but I guess that's why the app kinda appealed to me. I heard some news about some of the user metrics-gathering and I did a bit of forward thinking, and I determined the propensiblefukkabilityness factor of the internal workings of the algorithms and coding, and I'm a bit concerned about the propensibility obtusification vasculaturity triculacation-ness possibly woven in to the tapestry. But I have to give some credit for creating an attractive enough package and software suite offering.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 08, 2016
- Version: 2.1.4
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Agile Tortoise
- © 2012-2016 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.