Phraseology - Text Editor with Writing Tools
By Agile Tortoise
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Phraseology is an app for writing. A simple environment which makes it enjoyable to write on the iPad - but also supports you with tools that help to improve your writing.
### "Phraseology: The Definitive iPad Language Editor, 9 out of 10" - AppStorm
### New Yorker Magazine Digital Pick
### Macworld: 4 out of 5 mice.
### "Words nerd’s editor of choice.” - Wired's Gadget Lab
- Simple editing environment and lightweight document manager that do not distract from the task at hand.
- Extended keyboard with undo, cursor and selection manipulation functions.
- iCloud sync and backup.
- Link to a Dropbox account and maintain a full version history of document modification.
- Live character and word counts.
- High quality fonts and customizable font size.
- TextExpander Touch support.
- Unique Arrange feature edits documents or text selections via drag and drop reordering of paragraphs or sentences.
- Live syntax highlighting of parts of speech (English only) helps identify trouble areas in your text.
- Syntax highlighting for possible misspellings.
- Inspect view provides Flesh Kincaid (Reading Ease & Grade Level), Gunning Fog and SMOG index readability scores, as well as statistics such as average words per sentence, average syllables per word, etc.
- Inspect view breaks down down all parts of speech and root word occurrences to identify overused words.
# Share and Integrate
- State of the art URL schemes manipulate documents (open, append, prepend, get) as well as utilize Phraseology's Arrange and Inspect features from other apps such as Drafts and Editorial (see our website for details).
- Output documents via: Open in, Email, Clipboard, Print and iOS standard sharing options.
Phraseology is a great writing app for both K-12 and higher education environments. If you are using Phraseology in a school, please get in touch and tell us how to improve the app!
We are always looking for ways to improve our app, and would love you hear from you. Let us know what you think at:
What's New in Version 2.0.6
Minor fixes and improvements.
Powerful editing tool. Dropbox, please!
Packs a lot of unique editing features into an unobtrusive design. The syntax analysis is great and at least as good as you find on some of the pricier competitors. Aesthetically, I like having all the options on the left, like the spine of a book. A great, well thought out app.
The only thing that keeps me from using this as a default text editor is it's lack of Dropbox support. I use other apps to draft my articles, papers, and stories, and then import them into Phraseology for editing.
The integration with Terminology is terrific as well.
Horrible and Disappointing
I hate this app. I liked it at once, but I just updated it, and all of my writings were lost. Do not get this app if you want to have all of your writing disappear. I am a young teenager, and I love writing poetry and learning from my previous pieces, and I am almost to the brink of crying over my lost works. This has ruined my day, and changed my view of this app.
Hate this app
Don't waste your time using this app. Content will not save with any consistency. I updated as well and lost EVERYTHING! Saving content has been a continuos headache. You'll write, leave the app, return and all your new content is gone - nothing saved! Terrible! Awful experience using it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 09, 2014
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Agile Tortoise
- © 2012-2015 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.