Routes. Planning your journeys
By The Clash Soft
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SALE SALE 50% OFF!!
***** PROBABLY THE BEST ROUTE PLANNING APP ON THE APP STORE *****
** MORE THAN 130.000 USERS CAN'T BE WRONG (Jun, 2012)!!
Planning your journeys with Routes. Planning your Journeys is now as easy as touching a map! Forget using a paper map in a Hotel when you are going to planning the route for tomorrow! With this app you will save a lot of time and it will be much more easy!
*** ROUTES. PLANNING YOUR JOURNEYS IS NOW FEATURED BY APPLE IN TRAVEL CATEGORY (US)! ***
** Check out this video review from DailyAppShow.com:
With "Routes. Planning your Journeys" you can:
- Create infinite itineraries, for example: Trip to London 2012, Christmas holidays…
- Create routes for each itinerary, for example: Visiting the old town, Go shopping, A pub route…
- Add up to 25!! waypoints for each route by simply tapping the map. Incredibly easy!
- For each waypoint you will see the Street View image and more info.
- Search for places, restaurants, pubs, monuments… and add them to the route if you want.
- NEW: Search over hundreds of public routes. Users can make their routes public.
- Wikipedia powered! Search points of interest near a waypoint!
- Add notes for your waypoints.
- Edit your route when you want: change the waypoints order, remove a waypoint, etc. The new route will be calculated automatically!
- Also you can see the the full step itinerary for each route.
- The App calculates the total distance and the total time for a route.
- Fastest route button also available! The App calculates the fastest route if you want by reordering all the waypoints!
- It shows your current location (use native maps)
- Three maps types available: Classic, Hybrid & Satellite.
- Three route types available: Driving, Cycling & walking.
- Share itineraries and routes via e-mail!
- Print itineraries and routes with AirPrint!
- Sync your trips across your devices!
- Full iOS6 support!
Routes. Planning your Journeys have a wonderful interface design. Each itinerary and each route have a different color that you can choose when you create them. The interface will adapt to these colors so using the app will be even more funny and less boring!
Routes. Planning your Journeys is designed for iPhone & iPad so you have only to pay once to get it for both devices. With the syncing support all your itineraries and routes will be shared on all your devices!
HOW TO USE THIS APP:
1) Add an itinerary, please complete it with a name, description and a color.
2) Tap on the itinerary to open it and create a new route by clicking on the "add" button on top.
3) To add waypoints to the routes:
3.1) iPad: Tap on the route to open it, tap on the map during one second and wait for the marker. Then tap on the marker to show the details and click on the "Add to route" button. You can also add markers to the map by searching on the search bar at map view!
3.2) iPhone: Click on the bottom button with a globe image, this open the map view. Tap on the map during one second and wait for the marker. Then tap on the marker to view the details and click on the "Add to route" button. You can also add markers to the map by searching on the search bar at map view!
(*) You can edit the route at any moment by tapping on the marker or on the waypoint list.
Please, if you find any problems, suggestions or questions, contact with us at: email@example.com
** IMPORTANT NOTE: If you update the app and don't see any of your previous data, please open the settings app, tap on "Routes" and switch off the iCloud syncing.
(*) An active Internet connection is required to create routes.
What's New in Version 2.6
The app shows "journeys/trips" with a sub set of "routes/days". The journey overview doesn't tell me how long my total trip is. The list of routes doesn't show a total for that day either. I have to drill into each day to view a map that shows one option and distance then write it down to add all up all the individual routes/days distances into a trip total. What the heck??? This doesn't work at all for a bicycle, motorcycle or even car tour. None of the routes/days starts and ends auto connect. Going longer or shorter one day requires manually modifying all the remaining routes. The app has zero logic. I could do more with a spread sheet on my phone with map links.
The documentation is absolutely terrible. I emailed the help desk asking 3 or 4 questions. They only answered one of them, how to switch units to miles. Never would have guessed how as it's not even done in the app. and not shown how in the minuscule built in help . I emailed saying I still needed help with the unanswered questions 2 more times but still got no replies. I said I would have to give them a bad review if they didn't reply or help me and still they continue to ignore me. Well guys, here's to ignoring customers.
DO NOT BUY THIS APP. SAVE YOUR MONEY. THIS DEVELOPER HAS NO IDEA OF HOW TO WRITE A PROFESSIONAL, FUNCTIONAL APP.
Former heavy user is throwing in the towel
This is a 5 star tool when it works, which is not all that often lately. The current problems started after creating 80 destinations to a trip and only a handful of them synced. After reloading the program, I now have trips created by other users. In fact, these trips even show up when a new account is created, so be prepared to delete these and cross you fingers.
By the way, if a location can't be found on a valid address on an iPhone, exit and kill the program. Re-enter the address and it should work the second time, which is the problem with this app. There are too many problems.
Piece of Crap
I viewed a video on this app and it looked like just what I needed - a mapping program that let's me create routes and add multiple waypoints. Installed it and I suddenly had about 50 routes on my iPhone that were created by others took a while to delete. Then I tried to create a sample "journey" and add waypoints. Got to add the waypoints but the route did not show on the map and there was no way to save it. This app is not very intuitive and does not seem to work for me. A waste of time and money.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 28, 2014
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 25.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Javier Aznar de los Rios
- © 2014 The Clash Soft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.