Wordflex Touch Dictionary
By Robert Scheiner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BRAIN-FRIENDLY DICTIONARY - visit http://wordflex.com for a full-length video, media reviews and more.
Developed exclusively for iPad and with rich content from the Oxford University Press, this fun, fascinating tool offers a truly engaging reference for word lovers of all ages and interests. By using your fingers to manipulate word trees, you will experience language as an interactive adventure, and will find information quickly and easily.
Wordflex is the tool of choice for:
• Writers looking for just the right word to add meaning to their text.
• Students who want learning to be more fun, exciting and viral.
• Teachers building visuals for lesson plans.
• Crosswords and word games fanatics.
• Word nerds and logophiles digging deep into linguistic complexities.
• Artists and decorators looking for ways to bring art and meaning into a space (via high-resolution output capabilities).
Great Use for Even the Base Price
Base price allows you to explore full mind-maps of 5 unique words per day and share them via social media. For more serious learners, writers, and logophiles, ‘linguistic nirvana’ can be reached by unlocking the Full version: for a small fee this removes all quotas and adds sharing of high-resolution word posters via email, print and the photo library (owners of any previous paid version are not required to pay again).
6th Year on the AppStore
• Featured in ‘New & Noteworthy’, ‘What's Hot’, ‘Back to School’ and even ‘iPad's App of the Week’.
• 5-star user reviews
Rapturous Media Reviews
‘Truly an app worthy of iPad…’ – Nate Adcock, iPhoneLife
‘One of those “wow” apps…’ – Karen Freeman, AppAdvice
‘Visually stunning and aesthetically satisfying, Wordflex has taken the English Oxford Dictionary to the next level.’- Asam Shah, TheNextWeb
‘Caution: If you’re a word geek, it's easy to spend hours…’ – The MacTrack
‘A spectacular demonstration of how tablet technology can meaningfully put massive data at the fingertips of learners.’ - EducatingApps
‘Logophiles Rejoice! It is so easy to use and thorough that it may convert an emergency-only dictionary reader into a meaning-obsessed daily user.’ - iPad2Wallpaper
• Tree-based view that allows natural navigation of even the most complex entries.
• Three of Oxford's flagship titles with latest coverage of both American and British English compiled into one extensive information resource with over two million ‘language mind-nodes’.
• Intuitive gestures that mimic the elemental fun of exploring a language.
• Functionality to share word posters via social media, email or large-scale print.
• Ability to slide from one tree to another and back quickly and seamlessly.
• Human-voiced pronunciations in both American and British English.
• Tailor-made illustrations.
• Off-line content - except for sharing word posters, no network needed.
• Action history and bookmarking of any specific point.
• A ‘fly-through’ that randomly presents words and other language features.
Powered by Oxford's extensive language research program, including the Oxford English Corpus which contains over 2 billion words of real 21st century English, the following titles have been integrated into Wordflex, together with their latest 2014 updates.
• Oxford Dictionary of English (ISBN9780199571123)
The foremost single-volume authority on the English language with 355,000 words, phrases and definitions, 12,000 encyclopedic entries, and 68,000 examples.
• New Oxford American Dictionary (ISBN9780195392883)
Similar in extent and scope to the title above, this is Oxford’s flagship of U.S. English.
• Oxford Thesaurus of English (ISBN9780199560813)
The gold standard of comprehensive synonym and antonym resources.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Bug fixes
- Minor functional and performance enhancements
- Small adjustment to the price model (owners of any previous paid version don't need to pay again).
THE APP For Anyone Who Loves Lanuage!
Wordflex is a tool that anyone who has a preoccupation with words will find invaluable. It elegantly displays the relationship of words and phrases in a wonderfully visual way. This unique presentation reveals amazing connections that will lead to your own process of discovery.
Overall, the design, functionality and usability of this app is nothing short of outstanding. Writers everywhere will be delighted.
If you have an iPad and believe in the importance of language, you need this app now.
An Absolutely Fantastic App 🎯
If you're a word-geek and find etymology interesting this is a fun App.
This "dictionary" isn't all-encompassing, nor is the etymology 100% complete. What makes this App so unique is the way users can explore words in a novel and, at least in my opinion, organic way.
If you need a complete college-level dictionary, Wordflex is NOT for you – it wasn't designed for that purpose. It is, however, a GREAT supplement for anyone who enjoys learning more about the beautiful mishmash of borrowed words that is the modern-day English language. 📖
IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
Fun Productivity app for writers
I love wordflex. I love the visual approach to language that lets you see the interconnectedness inherent in language alongside the definitions and origins of the words. I love following a chain of words and finding exactly the one I was searching for. Who needs a dictonary or thesaurus? It's all here.