Quake Spotter - Map, List, Widget and Alerts
By Juan Ramon Rivero
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track and follow earthquakes from around the world. Get complete information about the reported earthquakes over the past week from 13 agencies, it shows more than 2000 earthquakes.
Now includes a today extension with the last earthquakes (iOS 8+).
• Get last earthquakes and its details.
• Get notifications and its details.
• Live reports from USGS, EMSC (Europe), JMA (Japan), Servicio Siamológico Nacional (Mexico), Servicio Siamológico de Chile, Instituto Geográfico Nacional (Spain), GeoNet New Zealand, Natural Resources Canada, British Geological Survey, GeoScience Australia, USGS Hawai, Korea Meteorological Administration and Icelandic Met Office.
• It show details like the magnitude, the exact location, the distance from your position, the source…
• Real time push notifications of any earthquake over 4.0 magnitude, also you can block notifications in a time interval.
• Receive notificacions for earthquakes on a country.
• Receive only notifications for earthquakes near your location. (500 Km or less).
• Access full details of earthquakes in the web of agencies.
• The map shows the tectonic lines.
• Share earthquake information and the map through email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Evernote, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, Vkontakte or OneNote.
• Tsunami alerts.
• Sort the list by Magnitude, Location, date or distance from your location.
• Search for earthquakes by country, magnitude, region, source...
• Change the location where you are to show earthquakes near any place.
• All times are shown in your time zone and format.
• Filter earthquakes by Time: from 1 week to the last 12 hours.
• Filter Earthquakes by Regions or Countries.
• Filter the duplicate earthquakes from different agencies.
• Also filter by Magnitude, quantity or reporting agencies.
• Color pins show how big was the earthquake, from green to red.
• Supports metrics and miles.
• Support iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
For more details visit: www.jrmobileapps.com
Facebook: JR mobile apps
Crowdin transalation: translate.jrmobileapps.com
What's New in Version 3.6.5
• Some improvements.
• Support for iOS 10.
• Bug fixes.
Thanks for all the suggestions!!. If you like this App, please rate the new versions. Thanks.
I like this app very much, especially that the locations of the boundaries of the tectonic plates are shown. I would have liked to give it another half star, if that were possible. The only issue I have had with it is minor: the setting to filter the quakes by when they occurred, for example in the last two days or the last week, does not return the list of quakes that I would expect. The problem may have to do with the international dateline. I would highly recommend this app to anyone who needs to know or is, like me, simply interested in what is going on in this big ball that we live on.
One improvement would be to add the depth of the quake in the list view. Currently you can only see depth in the map view by pressing a pin and tapping the "!" mark. If you want to look at a swarm of quakes you can't easily see how deep they are. Shorten the "mi from your location" to "mi away" and you may be able to add the depth on the same line. I would also like to see better integration with tsunamis. Overall, an amazing app. I check it almost every day.
What sets this app apart from others is that it obtains its data, not just one or two. So you really get worldwide coverage with this app. No need 2 or 3 apps just to cover the globe.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 21, 2016
- Version: 3.6.5
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Juan Ramon Rivero
- © JR Mobile Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.