Skitch - Snap. Mark Up. Send.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See something that sparks an idea? Use Skitch to snap it, mark it up with simple tools, and send it on in an instant. Your bold ideas stand out even brighter with Skitch.
People everywhere use Skitch to help them visually share their thoughts with others. Here are a few ways you can use it, too:
Mark up photos of silly, cool, or inspiring things you see and share them via social, email, SMS, and more.
Annotate photos of your backyard to plan out your vegetable garden.
Share a diagram of the earth’s layers and have students label it with you
Capture a map, mark it up, and share it with your friends to show them where you'll be.
Open a PDF and highlight changes to skip the lengthy, confusing email chains and give clear feedback.
Skitch’s PDF Markup feature requires an Evernote Premium account.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
Hey, here’s what’s new in this release
- Added a new screen after sharing to make it clear the share completed and make it easier to reshare.
- New stamp types! We created fun stamps that can be used to express emotion in both your casual and serious Skitch images.
- Now you can choose between arrow, rounded rectangle, or nothing as the default annotation when taking a picture. Toggle between the options right from the camera.
- Lots of bugs were crushed (no actual bugs were harmed)
Confusing interaction with Evernote and
1. The interaction between this app and Evernote is confusing, to say the least. If I create a "Skitch", then save it to Evernote, I seem to have no way of editing that note in Evernote. Instead, I'm told to edit the note in the outside application that created the note (which would be Skitch…). That's fine, but there doesn't seem to be any way to open the note from Evernote into Skitch (which would be preferable) nor is there a way to access the Evernote notes from Skitch! The only thing I can do with the note at this point is delete it, apparently.
Also, Skitch now puts a rather invasive watermark over the bottom of your finished image. You are not told this will occur, nor are you able to determine how the mark will obscure details without taking an educated guess. I'd like to use this program to mark up photos and send them to business associates, especially customers, but the watermark renders the image completely unprofessional.
Can't use! Keeps on crashing.
I really liked Skitch! Then it was updated with scary-looking emoticons and I was disappointed by the juvenile changes. I needed to use it today on the iPad Mini, but it keeps crashing. I can't even send a crash report because when I open the app (even after completely closing it after the crash) it opens where it left off (trying to search my camera roll) and offers to send a crash report, but it's frozen. None of the options to send or to not send a report will work. The app just freezes upon launch and then closes/crashes/disappears. I need it to work! I'm teaching people how to use Skitch and today, I can't even use it. :-/
Nice idea, rotten implementation
Wow, love the idea, it should be a super simple of marking up whatever image. I'm an Evernote user too. This app gives the user a pretty crappy experience. Trying to pull up the command bar I consistently get new annotations added where I don't want them. I use plenty of image editing and annotation apps, and trying to control what you put where is confusing and difficult to manag. Am I setting up the parameters for my next annotation? Whoops, nope, I'm changing the annotation I just put down. Move something, move something else, oops, both the first and second item was highlighted, so the second time you end up moving both items. They really need some UX help.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 03, 2014
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Evernote
- © 2013, Evernote Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium$4.99
- Evernote Premium$44.99