SmartPlayer - Music Player and Scrobbler for Last.fm
By Shad Deen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW VERSION: Coming soon and compatible with Apple Music! (excluding radio)
Clean, fresh and elegant music player and flawless Last.fm scrobbler with background scrobbling and cacheing.
See what users are #NowPlaying around the world at smartplayerapp.com/nowplaying
- Stunning and clean user interface
- Fully compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad in both portrait and landscape in all areas of the app
- Flawless isolated scrobbles: Use SmartPlayer on as many devices as you want and it won't interfere with scrobbling activity between devices. All scrobbles are contained within the app on each device
- Offline scrobbling, never miss a scrobble! Any scrobbles that are made offline are stored into an offline cache which you can scrobble later
- Updates your 'Now Playing' status on Last.fm in real-time.
- View your Last.fm profile summary in settings
- WiFi-only data mode
- Mode to force all scrobbles into offline cache
- Intuitive gesture-based music controls
- Integrated social features and 'Love' tracks on Last.fm
- 100% synced with your Device music library
- Fully compatible with iTunes Match
- 'Show All Music' switch for iTunes Match
- Instantly create quick playlists by swiping tracks and albums
- Artwork backgrounds blurred to perfection
- Play counts (as well as other data) are automatically updated.
- Uses your device's equalisers and gapless playback settings
Remember: If it doesn't scrobble it doesn't count!
If you're experiencing any problems at all simply contact me shaddeen.com/contact/SmartPlayer. There's no way for me to contact you about the issues you're having if you simply leave a bad review.
What's New in Version 4.1.7
- This update addresses the crash issue when changing tracks
The new version is almost here guys, just a few more weeks! I've had hundreds of emails from you all regarding this so sorry I couldn't get back to all of you. Thanks for your patience x.
@shaddeen_ / @smartplayerapp
I adore this app but...
I’ve been using this app for a few years and often completely forget about the default music player even being on my phone! It worked great on my iPhone 4, and I recently upgraded to iPhone 6 and now the app doesn’t play the songs I select? It just plays whatever song is at the top of the list, be it by artist, album, alphabetically, or within a playlist. and when it’s set to loop one song swiping to skip just keeps playing the same song from the beginning instead of going to loop playing a DIFFERENT song.
I love the interface of this app a lot, but these changes are making the app almost impossible to use for me.
I use it but has major flaws
So many times I select the first song of an album and by default it goes to shuffle mode. I disable it but it seems that once the album was opened in shuffle mode, there is no going back. I select the song I want and it plays another one. The only way I found is to kill the app, relaunch and play the album again, disable the shuffle (why the $@&:/ does it always force shuffle???) and the it works. But if I forget to do that on first song, it's game over for playing the album not in shuffle mode.
Otherwise it's pretty good and I would give it 4 stars.
Repeat on 1
I absolutely love this app, in my opinion it's much better than the native music app, but one question: I like to keep my music on repeat one and when I felt like changing I just swiped to the next song and went on but since my phone updated it won't switch the song without me taking it off of repeat 1, switching, then putting it back on. Can there be a fix for that? It always peeves me now that repeat is just the same song in a mock playlist an infinite number of times.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 08, 2015
- Version: 4.1.7
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shad DEEN
- © 2014 Shad Deen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.