MLB.com At Bat
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MLB.com At Bat – the #1 source for live baseball – Is the official app of Major League Baseball.
**** NEW IN AT BAT FOR 2015 ****
- Apple Watch: Introducing support for At Bat on Apple Watch to get live scores, statistics, pitch tracking, player cards, notifications and news.
- Pre-Game Lineup notifications (iPhone)
- Up-to-the-moment game analysis feed with play tracking data, game tweets and inline video highlights (iPhone, requires Premium subscription)
- New UI for all 30 team pages & the league-wide scoreboard (iPhone only)
- Player search expanded to include all active and historical MLB player cards (iPhone only)
- Re-designed UI for the newsreader (iPhone & iPad)
- Team-by-team statistical data filters (iPhone only)
- Native resolution to optimize At Bat for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Easy access to every game with new team schedule navigation (iPhone only)
- Application available in Spanish language, requires device language set to Spanish (iPhone & iPad)
At Bat offers two subscription options for its extensive premium features, covering live MLB games from Spring Training to Opening Day to the World Series.
****At Bat Subscription Options****
- Yearly recurring fee of $19.99.
- Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat premium features for free.
****At Bat Features (iPhone, iPad)***
• Watch the MLB.TV Game of the Day or access your MLB.TV Premium subscription to watch every out-of-market game
• See key plays and pivotal moments from every game with Live Look-Ins (No blackout restrictions)
• Access to every decisive replay review video clip and explanation via Gameday
• Listen to Home, Away and Spanish-language (where available) radio broadcasts
• Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat Premium subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
• Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
• Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks
• Condensed Games
• Breaking news, schedules and interactive rosters and player stats for every team
• Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
• Customize At Bat's home screen to feature your designated favorite team (iPhone only)
• Video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (iPhone only)
• Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games
• Customizable push notifications for game start, game end, in-game video highlights, condensed game, lead changes, run-scoring plays, team and league news.
• Closed captioning for live video
Access At Bat Premium for $2.99 per month or $19.99 annually. You will be automatically billed $2.99 through iTunes every 30 days or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account
© 2015 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 8.1.4
• League-wide scoreboard on Apple Watch
• Access last game results on Apple Watch
• General performance improvements
MLB took a step back last year. Now they've taken another step back. First, streaming does not resume after a short interruption. What's up with this? I get a phone call, or just need to pause it for a minute, & the is unable to resume the game. Nothing short of closing the app completely, & restarting it again. ANNOYING!!!
Second, what's up with the MLB ads? What's wrong with the ads from the local radio station? Seriously, how many times do you want me to hear the same Staples ad over, & over, & over, & over again. Sometimes, twice in the same break. Get a grip MLB!
Third, your bright idea of using your own ads instead of the local radio ads has resulted in terrible timing, cutting off the announcers constantly. This makes your app sound unprofessional, & no better than iHeart Radio. I can't believe I paid you $20 for this kind of crappy radio.
Last, not least. MLB obviously has no idea what audio engineering is about. MLB ads are constantly a minimum of 6dB louder than the announcers, making the entire listen experience bad on a good day, down-right annoying on a terrible day..
Missing real individual or team stats
One obvious feature is missing that kinda ruins the whole thing for me: There is no way to simply view your team's, or any team's individual player stats! Just like you see in the local sports page everyday: a list of every hitter and their G, AB, H, HR, RBI, SLG, OBP, OBPS, and every pitcher with their G, INN, BB, K, H, W, L, ERA, etc. Instead they offer weirdly limited "team leaders" stats which on their own are fine but in the absence of full stats for the whole roster are relatively useless and annoying.
It's too bad because the app is really nice in lots of ways. But omitting an easy way to access player stats (individually or by team) makes it tragically flawed. There should be full full individual player stats for each team's roster in that team's section (e.g. Cubs, Red Sox), AND full individual player stats in the STATS section, where it could list league leaders (as it does now) AND list all players in the league, broken out alphabetically AND by team, with the ability to search for a player as well.
As it is now, instead of being my "one stop" app for almost everything MLB, it's the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" app. PLEASE FIX IT MLB AND I'LL GIVE YOU 5 STARS.
Bring back local commercials and post game
I used to love this app and I've bought it every year it's been available but this season has been terrible. They've decided to overlay MLB commercials over the local radio broadcast commercials and the results are awful. The timing is bad so they cut off the announcers all the time. The sound quality is bad so the commercials are much louder than the broadcast, and we end up hearing the same eight commercials over and over again. I'm at the point where I'm actively NOT buying anything I hear advertised because I'm so sick of them.
They're also stopped broadcasting any of the post game broadcasts. They cut off as soon as the final out is made, most of the time cutting out before the announcers can even do a final score wrap up. It's incredible frustrating.
This year MLB is charging more than ever for this app and yet they're forcing their own commercials on listeners. I'd actually pay extra to get an uninterrupted radio broadcast.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: May 07, 2015
- Version: 8.1.4
- Size: 54.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- © 2015 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- At Bat Premium$2.99
- MLB.TV Premium Monthly$24.99
- At Bat$3.99
- At Bat$3.99
- At Bat Premium Annual$19.99
- MLB.TV Premium Monthly$24.99
- Apple TV Monthly$24.99
- 2014 MLB.TV Offseason Package$24.99
- MLB.TV Premium Yearly$24.99
- 2015 MLB.TV Premium Yearly$119.99