CONNECT WITH FRIENDS. PLAY WITH WORDS. Get a game of SCRABBLE going with just about anyone – or play solo against the computer! Plus, now you can play SCRABBLE in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, or Brazilian Portuguese.
WHO WILL YOU PLAY?
• Challenge friends via Facebook and more
• Find an instant opponent with a single touch
• Play solo against the computer to improve your skills
• Get numerous games going at once – more than any word game on the App Store
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
Connect to Facebook and share your best scores. You can even talk a good game with enhanced chat and notification features.
IMPROVE YOUR SCORES WITH THE TEACHER
Become a SCRABBLE master with the exclusive “Teacher” feature - see what your best word could have been after every turn.
LOSS FOR WORDS?
Use the in-game word list, built-in official SCRABBLE dictionary, or the exclusive Best Word feature to see your highest scoring choices.
Want to recreate the feeling of a real-time in-person game? Try the new Speed Play mode where you and your opponent agree to 2 or 5 minute turns. If words aren't played in time, nudge and forfeit options are unlocked.
View every detail on the board with HD-quality graphics made to maximize the Retina display.
Ready for the first and last word in word games? Don’t accept imitations. Just say, “LET’S PLAY SCRABBLE!
We’ve made some behind-the-scenes enhancements including device optimizations to keep your game running smoothly.
Thanks for playing!
Ratings and Reviews
A great classic game!
For as long as I can remember, Scrabble has been one of my all time favorite games! It is suitable for a most ages about 10 to 12 years and up because you can choose the level of difficulty and playing style. I really enjoy the option to either play against the computer, or with others who are also connected online. I find it very addicting, and can play for long periods of time without ever getting bored. The downfall is that the dictionary used definitely does not include all of the words in the English language. It is frustrating to not be able to play words that are truly legitimate. My other complaint is the high frequency of interruptions by the constant ads. When I first started playing this app, there were very few ads but the longer I have played the more ad interruptions that occur. Now an ad pops up virtually right after every time I take my turn. The app would be a lot more enjoyable if there was a way to eliminate the ads all together. Otherwise I am really liking this app and recommend it to others who have enjoyed this classic game!
Too many ads, buggy, word list not up to date
1. This app has WAY too many ads, and the no-ads premium version is highly overpriced. I’m not talking about ads you can click away after a few seconds. There’s an ad after every single time you play, which renders the otherwise possibly fun “timed play” game mode useless. and these ads sometimes freeze the game so that you have to quit the app and reopen it to continue playing. The frequency of this makes the app unusable when you’re running low on battery.
2. The word list isn’t up to date. The two-letter words “ew” and “ok” were recently added to the official Scrabble dictionary, as well as the word “zen,” but my friends and I have found that we still can’t play those words in the supposedly official scrabble app. This needs to be fixed ASAP
3. The “teacher mode” is interesting but it sometimes spoils the game, allowing people to cheat. There should be an option to handicap it so that it can’t show best plays that could be made with tiles still in your rack, or a way to have it show you all the possible best plays after the game is finished.
What happened to scrabble?
This was good and fun a few years ago. The updates made it continually glitchy. Now the "teacher" no longer provides any useful words. She would always tell you if there was better word out there. Now she gives you the lowest scoring word. So weird!! Anyway, it crashes occasionally and there are many times when it has trouble with the server. It's too bad. I used to love it. 😕
Again, your updates make the game even more glitchy. I have to reboot my phone after each word play. Going between dictionary and game, it acts as though you just opened the game. Replacing opponents tiles and taking yours off the mat. Dictionary takes several taps to close, or even to delete the word you tried and or change that word. And then will freeze and won't let you back into the game.
I don't know what you guys are thinking you're doing or what goal you are trying to get to. But you have made playing this almost unbearable.
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- 195.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Electronic Arts Inc. © 2016 Hasbro. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Pack $0.99
- Booster Pack $2.99
- Silver Pack $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.