By eoz games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Critically acclaimed Word Cracker adds themed play to its Classic Game with 9 exciting themes and over 1,300 new words. A great way to learn U.S. States, Cities, Capitals, Presidents and Countries and more. Challenge yourself with the Periodic Table, Living Things or Human Body themes. For sports fans there is a Sports Terms theme and Classic Word Cracker lovers still have over 7,000 fun words.
★★ Word Cracker has the potential to over-throw Words With Friends - 1Great App
★★ Word Cracker puts Hanging with Friends to shame. It is a much cleaner, more focused gaming experience. Overall, Word Cracker is one of the best word games out there - Tapscape
★★ New Word Game is The Self-Proclaimed Messiah of Abandoned Vowels Evrywhr - App Advice
★★ Word Cracker is a vibrant and clever word puzzle game that is surprisingly addictive and completely original - The Smartphone App Review
★★ Word Cracker is an outpouring of fun. Word Cracker gets you hooked. Word Cracker is one of the best word games out on the market for your iPhone or iPad. - iPhone Glance
Put vowels back where they belong and make words. In Word Cracker, you are presented with consonants and must figure out where the vowels go to complete a word. You slide vowels into place, anywhere in the words, and complete as many words as you can. You earn more points for harder words and get bonus points for words with consecutive vowels or those that start or end with a vowel. Word Cracker is a word game unlike anything you've seen before.
SO MANY WAYS TO PLAY
- Select Classic or Themes Game (choose from 9 exciting themes)
- Play solo and try to beat your high score
- Go Head-to-Head against a friend on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Select the level of play for the Classic Game (Easy, Hard or Random)
- Choose whether you want to use the Show Spaces Mode:
V_W_LS has lines to show where you place the vowels
VWLS does not show where the vowels should be placed
- Turn the Hint Indicator on or off (shows where the next vowel goes)
- Play for 1, 3, or 5 minutes or unlimited
In Head-to-Head you first play a game of a set duration. You then challenge a friend to play the exact same game and see who comes out on top!
- Earn more points for Hard words
- Earn bonus points for words with consecutive vowels
- Earn bonus points for words that start or end with a vowel
- Earn more points if you don't use Hints or Show Spaces Mode (V_W_LS)
- See your local high score displayed on Home Screen
- See high scores for each duration on High Scores screen
- See how your high score ranks on Game Center leaderboards
WORD CRACKER - FOR ALL WORD GAME FANS AND FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Word Cracker produced for eoz games llc by Artgig.com
What's New in Version 1.3
- Word Cracker now has themed play in addition to the Classic game
- 9 themes
- Over 1,300 new words
- A great way to learn U.S. States, Capitals, Cities and Presidents; Countries and more
- Take a challenge with the Periodic Table, Human Body or Living Things themes
- And a Sports Terms theme for all sports fans
Fun, but limited vocabulary
I played about 10 times -- it was fun & becoming addicting as I tried to improve my ranking, i.e., score. However, I had two occasions where the app wouldn't accept a valid answer (that I later verified with a dictionary). I played one more time to check whether the app would accept different words for a given string of consonants. If you build a word and press 'Hint', the app won't suggest any changes if it considers the word to be valid. During my last game, I did find 3 acceptable words for 1 string of consonants, so the app does work OK. But when you're playing fast and the app won't accept a valid word, it becomes very frustrating. I had to delete it.
This is a really fun game for all ages. I enjoyed playing with the app before handing it over to my 8 year old, who also enjoyed it. Lots of educational value here as well as being an app that can be revisited over and over again! Great job!
Fun concept, but gameplay is eh
This game would be more appealing to me if the method in which the vowels were placed we're more convenient. It's a waste of time to have to precisely place the letter on the line til it turns yellow or right between letters. It would be faster gameplay to just press the vowels and for them to fill the blanks in order of presses.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 26, 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 14.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: EOZ GAMES LLC
- © 2012 EOZ GAMES LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.