By Xiscan Apphelia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shootility SightSet is an app designed to make it easy to zero your pistol, rifle or air rifle sights or scopes, without needing to be a rocket scientist.
It can be really easy to make a simple mistake when trying to manually calculate your sight adjustment. You need to take into account the precision of your sights, the range, and possibly compensate for metric sight adjustment with US/Imperial ranges (and vice versa).
And each shot wasted is costing you time, and money... and maybe that first place in a competition.
SightSet solves the problem by removing the manual errors. It calculates adjustments based on the shot fall that you actually observe. Use one of the predefined sight definitions (inch, metric or MOA). Select one of the 138 common small bore, high power, air-rifle, pistol or air-pistol targets. Tell SightSet the range. Then just plot your shots on a zoomable screen showing your target. SightSet calculates average distance of your shots from the target center (in cm, inches or MOA), tells you how many clicks you need to make to adjust for windage and elevation, and even remembers which direction you should turn the adjustment screw or turret. If a couple of your shots have gone wild, simply go into edit mode to delete them so they don’t affect the calculations.
It’s no problem if SightSet doesn’t have a definition for your sight, either. Create your own using one of the 33 standard inch, metric or MOA settings provided. If it doesn’t include the targets you use, SightSet provides the tools to create your own simple targets. And to make it easy to set up your sights time and time again, create favorites to hold the common combinations of sights, targets and ranges that you use.
For more information and instructional videos visit: www.apphelia.com
(For a detailed list of targets and click settings, see www.shootility.apphelia.com/faq.html)
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- Fully compatible with iOS7, iOS6 and iOS5
- Optimized for 4-inch retina display
- Shots rendered semi-transparent for accurate placement
- Database extended to 138 predefined targets (NRA, USAS, ISSF, DCRA, ICFRA, NRA(UK), NSRA, BDS) ...covering everything from air-pistol to F-Class rifle
- Database extended to 33 click settings: 10 MOA settings (1/16MOA to 1MOA), 8 US/Imperial (1/16" to 1/2"@100yards), 15 metric (0.2cm to 3.5cm/100m)
- Click settings for common mechanical (M4), diopter (Anschutz,Walther) and optical sights (ACOG, POSP, telescopic...)
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Dec 09, 2013
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Xiscan Limited
- © 2012 Xiscan Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.