Dark Meadow: The Pact
By Phosphor Games Studio, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
FREE VERSION OF THE VISUALLY STUNNING, ENGROSSING STORYTELLING GAME ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE!
Nominated for Mobile Game of the Year from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
* IGN: "worth playing just to experience the game’s huge amount of eccentric dialogue, and to experience the unfolding mystery.... one of the best to hit the App Store in recent memory."
* KOTAKU: "at home in the halls of BioShock's Rapture...disturbingly gorgeous experience."
* DESTRUCTOID: "a very atmospheric and engrossing game with a delicious streak of dark humor coursing through its veins.. worth picking up for anybody with an interest in iOS gaming."
* JOYSTIQ: "It's a surprisingly funny, gorgeous game that's an easy recommendation... ram home the truth that mobile games are getting surprisingly good at creating big worlds on tiny screens."
* TOUCH ARCADE: "The Dark Meadow is a standout in almost every way. From look to setting to the touch-centric gameplay, it shines, and you can tell this title was crafted with much love "
* GIZMODO.UK: "a splendid achievement. The bar has been raised, the gauntlet has been thrown down, and the hyperbole has been exhausted. We can’t wait to see the next game that tries to go one better."
* MODOJO: "a cross between BioShock and Infinity Blade... a hauntingly beautiful and intriguing game everyone should play, as it offers both a compelling adventure and a glimpse into the future of smart phone gaming. "
* GAMEZEBO: "arguably the best title to come to the genre. It's gorgeous, it's creepy, and it's a blast to play. This is the perfect game to play during the Halloween season. "
A dark fairytale of intrigue and mystery, where the sins of the past must be paid for… So sets the stage for The Dark Meadow -- a visually stunning world of deep exploration, gripping story, and heart racing combat, created with the unrivaled power of the Unreal Engine 3.
You awake in a hospital uncertain of how you arrived there or why. An old man warns of a beautiful witch whose minions roam the halls seeking the living. It is only when the witch is destroyed that you will be released from this unrelenting torment.
Using fun and intuitive fully gesture-based controls, you explore the decaying ruins of Montclair Hospital, armed with your crossbow for long-range combat as well as your sword for up close and personal melee battles.
The best elements from role-playing games encourage exploration as a wide variety of items are secreted throughout the world – from hidden scraps of paper that reveal the mystery of your imprisonment, to weapons and items, to money which can be used to purchase better equipment and weapons.
- Visually stunning, photo-realistic world built with the Unreal 3 engine
- A mature plot, stylized as a dark modern fairytale with bizarre twists and turns;
- In-world storytelling and quality acting
- Gesture-based action: crossbow ranged combat with ‘pull back and fire’ mechanic, slashing melee combat with dodging, blocking, and combos;
- Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean , Italian, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
-Fixed Retina support issues so graphics on mobile devices now render as they should
-Fixed a bug where health packs were not spawning in world as they should
-Adjusted enemy loot drops to be more generous
-Increased Sun Coin rewards from killstreaks
-Premium Game and upgrade now convert all costs of swords, crossbows, and amulets permanently into gold from sun coins
This game is awesome...and I'm not saying that lightly. The developers gave us something really good here. The graphics, storyline, and music/sound are very impressive. You get to explore a creepy, "abandoned" hospital/institution...you get to find journal entry pages, newspaper clippings, letters, etc. which allows you to discover the history of this horrific place you find yourself trapped inside...collect gold, sun coins, as well as other useful items to aid you in you escape...and best of all, you get to combat gruesome creatures! This game reminds me a lot of playing Resident Evil back in the day. I played the free version of this game and I promise you that it is completely doable without purchasing anything with real dollars. However, there is a $1.99 version that you can buy. It says there is additional content in it, but I'm not sure about that yet. But if there truly is additional content, I will definitely purchase it (despite already knowing the storyline). It's that fun. I loved that it had an alternative ending too; that was very cool. Give it a try...I don't think you'll regret it. 😊
Delightful and Exceptional
The Dark Meadow is a game with a few flaws - and only a few.
It is a bit on the "grindy" side of RPG-dom, with slow gains dominating a decent middling part. It has a few issues with gameplay being less than a rainbow of variety - both crossbow and sword combat, but there's room to expand a bit with combos and whatnot. A couple of features are missed here and there.
With that said, this game is visionary. I play games for a number of reasons, but good storytelling is high on that list. Using an absurdly small voice-acting cast, this game has been given more character with its Wonderlandish humor and Lovecraftian personality than a great many on consoles or full-size computers. No real music, but exceptional atmosphere. No convoluted plot, but a tale achingly beautiful in its winding fabled telling. No price, but easily hundreds of dollars worth of fun. Would rate six stars, but cant talk curntly bsy gettig spleen crved oubdhjjrbbfwhjjjjjjjjjjand monsters want to kill me only slightly less than I want to kill them.
PS Monster design is seriously disturbing and I seriously love it.
Honestly I think this game is absolutely amazing. The story, the graphics, everything is just great and the fact that this is a phone game and a FREE phone game makes it even more perfect. I literally found this game my freshmen year of high school when I first got an iPhone. So that was about... five or six years ago? I stopped playing when I reached the top of the elevator because it got too hard for me, but every now and then I think about this game and even recommend it to people just because I think it's crazy that such a good game was made and able to be used on a phone like this. I really hope the developers release more in the future because I know this hasn't even been updated since 2012.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 09, 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 573 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Phosphor Games, LLC
- © 2012 Phosphor Games, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 Sun Coins$0.99
- 210 Sun Coins$1.99
- 550 Sun Coins$4.99
- Premium Upgrade$1.99
- 35,000 Gold Pieces$0.99
- 100,000 Gold Pieces$1.99
- 1250 Sun Coins$9.99
- 300,000 Gold Pieces$4.99
- 800,000 Gold Pieces$9.99
- 2,000,000 Gold Pieces$19.99