VisualizeIt • skate
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VisualizeIt • skate was inspired by AND is dedicated to my brother Chris.
Keep asking questions!
This app has only been tested on the iPhone 4 & 4S. You may see performance hits to older devices. Feedback is welcomed.
• Want to land that trick all your friends are doing?
• Want to land the current trick you're working on?
• Curious about how skate tricks are performed?
• Just like to see the movement of skate tricks?
Whether you're new to skateboarding or you want to pick up the trick you've always thought about, this app is for you!
• Switch between Regular and Goofy foot (via 'Stance' toggle)
• 30 Trick animations (via 'Show More..' & 'Show Less..' toggle)
• Tricks organized by Frontside and Backside (via 'B/S' & 'F/S' toggle)
• Stay focused on one trick, just tap the skateboard again to repeat trick (Or tap 'Tricks' tab to bring Trick List back up)
• More options to be added!
VisualizeIt • skate is a trick guide for visualizing from the best position possible, Right over the board! Don't just read how it's done or watch someone else (you can find videos anywhere). Learn tricks from first person POV (Point-Of-View) and see what it's like to 'spot' the landing by watching the board 'beneath' you. Study foot placement/movement, board flip/rotation and be able to visually/mentally 'catch' the trick all before you step on the board.
This app is for flatground street tricks and was built with the assistance of multi-decade Veteran and Professional skateboarder feedback. Countless hours have been poured into obsessing over foot placement/movement, while keeping the visual feel of the 'Pop' and still keeping the board movement 'just right' to assist in visually spotting your landing .. And we're not done yet!
Updates are in the works already to add more tricks and more options to assist in trick creation/variation.
VisualizeIt • skate will be THE 'Go To' guide for the growing Global Community of up and coming street Skate Rats!
And Keep Getting Back Up!
(I appreciate constructive feedback and recommended additions, just email me.)
What's New in Version 1.05
Due to the majority of feedback, precedence has been placed on a highly requested feature, trick speed controls, above trick variation/addition options (this is the reason this is not a point release; 1.05 vs. 1.1). Trick variation/addition are SOON to come!
Here is a list of the changes to this version:
• Background color change (which should help save battery slightly and be the most noticeable change); This also helps to focus on the trick better due to higher visual contrast.
• Speed controls! Change from regular speed down to 75%, 50% and 25% (to see those minute details).
• Completely re-written trick execution which allows for a more fluid view of the trick from the snap of the tail/nose to catching the board.
• A more detailed shoe animation showing which shoe rises and which shoe is actually snapping the tail/nose to the ground.
• New shoe view addition (aiding the shoe animation mentioned above), side view during foot drag (this should aid in recognizing where the friction comes from that actually lifts the board off the ground, which is ½ of the action to do so, the other ½ being the snap of the tail/nose to the ground).
• iOS 6 integration.
• iPhone 5 compatibility (Please email if you have any issues as I've added code to detect, but I don't have an iPhone 5 to fully test on).
Thanks for all the feedback, please keep it coming!
Filled a void
Skatin for 12 yrs, anyone I show usually downloads then and there.
Games like Tony Hawk and SKATE don't give you a complete overhead POV, this does. Doesn't have loads of tricks but there's a decent amount of your standard ones with option for Nollie or Fakie.
Its obvious someone who loves skateboarding created this app. Definitely worth checkin out.
* First update has 4 speeds of board rotation, really helpful.
** still using this app June 2013, One thing I would like to see in a future update would be PAUSE mode. You could pause it in the middle of the rotation while its in motion.
*** another thing good would be to be able to start the rotation over again completely in the middle of it already spinning. You know what i mean? So if you wanna focus on the catch with your front foot in 360 flips for example, you could just restart it when needed rather than having to wait for the full rotation, an you could jus keep pressin it and it would reset and flip over or something. Not sure how you could work that but just a thought. Nice work
Good buts needs alote more details
Ok app, but it dosnt explain the trick, and it needs alot more trick (hardflip, fakie's, etc...).
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 12, 2012
- Version: 1.05
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: victor harris
- © 2012 victor a. harris
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).