Reading Rainbow Skybrary
By Reading Rainbow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TRY IT FREE and start reading today! Hosted by LeVar Burton, the reimagined Skybrary by Reading Rainbow App includes an unlimited library of books and video field trips to encourage your child’s love of reading.
• Unlimited reading of over 500 quality children’s books
• Voyage to 7 themed islands that excite and inspire
• Adventure on 150+ exciting educational Video Field Trips with LeVar Burton
• Receive new books and videos every Friday
• Interactive animations make every book come to life and never detract from the story
• Be offered book recommendations based on your child's age and interests
• Kids can “Read to Me” or “Read by Myself” to enhance skills
• Earn rewards to motivate reading
• Use one subscription for up to 5 children in the household
• Now play across the Web and tablets of all kinds
• Spark family conversations as you track your child’s progress with the Parent Dashboard
The #1 educational Reading Rainbow App is now called Skybrary by Reading Rainbow! In addition to iPad, Skybrary’s digital library is available on any web browser so you can access books and videos anytime, anywhere. Children ages 2-9 pilot their own personal hot air balloons to visit 7 unique islands, each featuring a wide array of quality literature and video content. Kids explore such topics as animals, friends, family, science, space, music, and more. Finding the right book is easy with our extensive library of over 500 children’s books from esteemed authors and publishers! Watch as animated characters from your favorite stories jump off the page and come to life. Read by yourself or read-along with narration by spoken word Grammy winner Burton himself, and his hand selected group of acclaimed storytellers. Plus, over 150 newly produced and classic Video Field Trips show children they can visit fascinating people and places, and “Go Anywhere, Be Anything” with host LeVar Burton. Introduce your child to the fun of reading with Skybrary by Reading Rainbow – download it today and try it FREE.
WHY SKYBRARY BY READING RAINBOW:
• Children learn to LOVE reading with Skybrary!
• The #1 Educational App that inspired the Kickstarter campaign to “Bring Reading Rainbow Back to Every Child, Everywhere”
• Over 25 million books read & video field trips enjoyed by children
• 5-star award-winning learning App recognized by Common Sense Media, Mom’s Choice, Dr. Toy and more
• Based on the beloved Emmy award-winning PBS TV series
HOW THE SKYBRARY APP WORKS:
• Free to try, select up to 5 books and enjoy a sampling of educational video field trips.
• Subscribe and unlock an unlimited reading experience for your child: 1 Month “Explorer” for $9.99, 6 Months “Voyager” for $29.99 or 1 Year “Adventurer” for $49.99 (all subscriptions are recurring).
• Customized profiles for up to 5 children in a family, at no additional cost.
• Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on additional iPads you own and across the web on any browser.
• Payments will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
"We've never before seen as diverse a library offered up" – Common Sense Media
“The vibrant games, beautiful illustrations, and cute animation all make for an interactive experience, but kids get hooked on reading books” – PC Mag
“The benefit to children’s literacy development cannot be overlooked” – Smart Apps for Kids
“I love this app and I highly recommend it for children” - Wired Magazine’s GEEKMOM
What's New in Version 1.10.4
• The Reading Rainbow App is now called Skybrary by Reading Rainbow!
• Use your iPad subscription to access Skybrary on the web at readingrainbow.com!
• Now featuring over 500 children’s books and 150 Video Field Trips
• Stability enhancements and bug fixes
• Improved overall performance
The joys of reading
My son is seven. He's not the biggest fan of reading. He strives to do his best, but if he hits a snag while reading he tends to become frustrated and lose the desire to read.
This is now his favorite app. His ability to read when and what his mind desires surpasses his frustration.
We have tried many learning apps throughout the years. This by far has the most content. It is subscription based, and for me that's fine. I just want him to find out how wonderful a good book really can be.
The App is a Lifesaver
The kids I babysit have a limited time to play games or watch tv, so I got the app in hopes of them passing time. And it works! The kids love the animations each book has. They also play with stickers and watch educational videos that the parents are happy with. The videos star LeVar Burton like the original series which reminds me of my childhood. All in all Reading Rainbow Skybrary is a great time and definitely lets me have some free time from the kids.
Lots of great books and videos!!
I have three kids, 10, 6, and 2. All three of them love this app. Great content. Lots of books and educational videos. Well worth the cost of subscription! I grew up watching Reading Rainbow and I hope that they will make ALL of the old episodes available some day soon so that my kids can see them too