Reading Rainbow: Read Along Children's Books, Kids Videos & Educational Games
By Reading Rainbow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hosted by LeVar Burton, the reimagined Reading Rainbow app includes an unlimited library of children’s books and video field trips to ignite your child’s imagination.
• #1 Education app with over 10 million books read & video field trips viewed by children
• Award-winning reading service recognized by Common Sense Media, Mom’s Choice, Dr. Toy and more
• Based on the beloved Emmy award-winning PBS TV series
• Curated library with hundreds of fiction and non-fiction books for children ages 3-9
• Exclusive, newly produced educational video field trips hosted by LeVar Burton
• New books and videos added every week plus recommended books based on your child's age and interests
• Two modes of reading (Read To Me & Read By Myself) and delightful interactive activities in every book
• Rewards to motivate reading
• Parent Dashboard to track a child’s reading progress
How the Reading Rainbow App Works:
• Free to try, select up to 5 books and enjoy a sampling of the educational video field trips.
• Subscribe and receive unlimited access to the library, choose either a monthly recurring subscription for $9.99 or a six-month recurring subscription for $29.99.
• Accounts for up to 5 children in a family, at no additional cost.
• Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on additional iPads you own.
• Payments will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
With Reading Rainbow children’s library, it’s easy for your child to find just the right book. Kids travel to themed islands such as Animal Kingdom, Genius Academy, Music Mountain, Awesome People and National Geographic Kids to discover books from acclaimed authors and illustrators. Recommended “just for you” books are customized to your child’s age and interests. New books and videos are added every week, always expanding the collection.
Children can choose from two reading modes: Read By Myself or Read To Me. In Read To Me mode, each book comes alive with audio storytelling by spoken word Grammy winner Burton himself, and his hand selected group of professional actors.
Reading Rainbow exclusive video field trips take children behind the scenes to visit fascinating people and places. These educational videos connect the stories children read to the world they live in.
Parents can track their child’s reading progress in the Parent Dashboard to see books read and time spent reading. Children also earn rewards for each book read to encourage reading.
FREE to try, download the App to explore our worlds of reading while enjoying up to five free books and a sampling of video field trips.
"We've never before seen as diverse a library offered up" – Common Sense Media
“The vibrant games, beautiful illustrations, and cute animation all make for an interactive experience, but kids get hooked on reading books” – PC Mag
“The benefit to children’s literacy development cannot be overlooked” – Smart Apps for Kids
“I love this app and I highly recommend it for children” - Wired Magazine’s GEEKMOM
What's New in Version 1.9.4
Bug fixes and optimizations
Best thing there is
I wanted to provide better quality educational content for my kids like what I grew up on, as opposed to the junk on TV now. I purchased the 6 month subscription, and though I had issues getting the app to recognize the purchase, customer service responded within only a couple hours, and fixed the problem immediately. My daughter hadn't been very interested in books, even before bedtime, but she sits still and loves listening to books on here. I plan on being a subscriber of this for a long time. Thank you, Levar!
I saw a sponsored post advertising this app on Facebook. Since I was a huge fan of the show when I was a child I was curious. This app is not only beautiful it is stocked full of book and videos for all my kids' interests (ages 6,5,2). I am constantly looking for interactive books and audio books for when we travel. This app has all of that plus games and interesting videos. I havepurchased the 6 months subscription. The only things I would like to see added are a feature to search videos and also the ability to search books by topic.
We Love this app
I am overjoyed Reading Rainbow created this app. I watched this show as a little girl. My daughter and I read a book nightly from the app, and then we explore the field trips offered. She is so excited to do this every night. Thanks Levar and Reading Rainbow for creating this reading wonderland for us to enjoy. I too have a six month subscription. This is a keeper!!!!!