By McLean Mobile Solutions, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Designed to look stunning on the retina display on both iPad and iPhone, Weather 2x is an entirely new and innovative way to view weather conditions for the locations that matter to you most.
"The most elegant piece of mobile weather software I’ve yet encountered" - New York Times
"The UI is smooth, the nature images look fantastic on the retina iPad and the weather details are accurate" - TUAW
"I really like the interface of this app" - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
- Stunning weather visuals featuring subtle animations
- Track, manage and maintain unlimited weather locations around the globe
- Current weather conditions
- 5 day weather forecast
- Hourly weather forecast breakdown
- Extended weather information including Precipitation, Visibility, Humidity, and Pressure level details
- Wind speed and direction details
- Unit of measure conversion including Fahrenheit and Celsius
- View current weather conditions for multiple cities with one swipe
- Gesture driven interface including swipe, pinch, and tap gestures
- Seamless syncing of preferences and weather locations via iCloud
- "Local Weather" feature - automatically updates based on current location
- World clock, displaying the time for each location you follow
- Share weather conditions via Facebook, Twitter or Email
- NOAA active weather advisories & warnings feature for cities in the United States
- Push Notification system for Local Weather advisories, watches and warnings from the US National Weather Service
- Optional: Expansion Pack includes twice the visuals + Sunrise & Sunset times
- City overview: Swipe in from the left
- Hourly forecast detail: Swipe in from the right
- 5 Day forecast: Pinch outward or double tap primary screen
- Extended weather information: Single tap primary screen
- Re-sort city: Tap and hold city object to enable dragging
- Remove city: Tap and hold city object, then tap the "x" to remove
- Refresh weather conditions: Pull down the list of cities and release
- "Share" mode: Pinch inward on primary screen
What's New in Version 2.01
- Bug fix
So far, I like!
May not be in sync with your back porch thermometer, but OK. Local Google says 76. This app says 72. My back porch says 63-- in the shade. Seems to vary depending on where it was taken. So, not a ton of help there. Love that it's easy to get detailed info quickly, but doesn't clutter the main screen--you have to swipe or click to see it. Nice. Also, that you can re-order your favs by holding & dragging. Also, use in landscape or portrait is a +. Screens also move slowly, showing rotation of the day. Nice. CON: Don't like that you have to buy the sunrise & sunset times, choice of screens, etc. Still a nice app, especially when you have family in other places. You have a "basic" knowledge of their weather at a glance.
Stunningly Superb & Simple
None more may be said, but I will poorly try; the photos are pretty, plain and simple, the forecasts go several days & hours ahead and I like that. I saw commentary about accuracy and disparaged since some folks demand NOAA detail in bumper sticker format, so this ain't it. The app loads no slower than others since IO8 came out. Glad I got it and will use it until another shiny new app comes forth!
Beautiful and inaccurate
If you don't mind the weather being more than slightly inaccurate, then you will like this program. My favorite thing about it is how simple it is to use and well beautiful. I wish the weather was more accurate and that there was a way to organize the cities/places manually (in this version they are organized by when added)
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 16, 2014
- Version: 2.01
- Size: 36.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: McLean Mobile Solutions, Inc.
- © 2012 McLean Mobile Solutions, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Weather 2x Expansion Pack$0.99