Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The MLB.com Ballpark app is your favorite mobile companion when visiting any Major League Baseball ballpark. This official MLB application perfectly complements and personalizes your trip with My Journal, social media, offers, rewards and exclusive content.
Additional features available at select MLB ballparks include automated check-in and offers and points-of-interest with iBeacon technology as well as mobile food ordering and seat and experience upgrades.
**** NEW IN 2015 ****
• Re-designed navigation, including team and My Journal
• New ticketing section
• Customizable notifications for your favorite ballparks
• Native resolution to optimize Ballpark for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
**** Ballpark features (iPhone) ****
• Check-in automatically with iBeacon technology (select ballparks only)*
• Apple Pay – a new payment option when buying single-game tickets in the app (select clubs only)
• MyTickets Mobile for delivery and storage of all MLB tickets sold (select clubs only)
• Upload and share personal photos from your ballpark visits, dating back to 2005
• View team statistics and watch video highlights from games attended
• Ballpark and player entrance music
• Social media clubhouse, including social rewards for select clubs
• Complete tickets section, featuring special offers by club
• Seat and experience upgrade functionality at select ballparks**
• Passbook integration for digital ticket delivery and storage (select clubs only)
• Check-in for ballpark offers and rewards
• Interactive concourse maps and directory
• Social media integration
• Customize to feature a designated favorite MLB ballpark
• Team schedule, ticket information and sales and promotional event listings
• Access to food and beverage ordering available at select parks***
• Directions and parking information
• A to Z Guides for every ballpark
• My Journal: Personalized check-in history for ballparks visited
* iBeacon technology:
Chase Field (Arizona), Turner Field (Atlanta), Oriole Park @ Camden Yards (Baltimore), Fenway Park (Boston), U.S. Cellular Field (Chicago), Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati), Progressive Field (Cleveland), Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City), Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles), Miller Park (Milwaukee), Target Field (Minnesota), Citi Field (New York), O.co Coliseum (Oakland), Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia), PNC Park (Pittsburgh), Petco Park (San Diego), AT&T Park (San Francisco), Safeco Field (Seattle), Busch Stadium (St. Louis), Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay) and Globe Life Park (Texas), Nationals Park (Washington DC), Minute Maid Park (Houston), Marlins Park (Miami), Rogers Centre (Toronto), Angel Stadium (Anaheim), Comerica Park (Detroit), Coors Field (Denver)
** Seat and experience upgrades:
Angel Stadium (Anaheim), Chase Field (Arizona), Turner Field (Atlanta), Oriole Park @ Camden Yards (Baltimore), Fenway Park (Boston), U.S. Cellular Field (Chicago), Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati), Minute Maid Park (Houston). Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City), Marlins Park (Miami), Miller Park (Milwaukee), Target Field (Minneapolis), Citi Field (New York), O.co Coliseum (Oakland), Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia), Petco Park (San Diego), AT&T Park (San Francisco), Safeco Field (Seattle), Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay) and Globe Life Park (Texas). Additional ballparks will be added as they become available.
*** Food & Beverage or Merchandise mobile ordering:
Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia), Chase Field (Phoenix), Citi Field (New York) and Marlins Park (Miami). Turner Field (Atlanta), AT&T Park (San Francisco), Dodgers Stadium (Los Angeles), Great American Ballpark (Cincinnati). Additional ballparks will be added as they become available.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
© 2015 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 4.2.0
• New Journal design featuring check-in history and photo layout
• Check-in sharing on Facebook
• General improvements
Ticketing Needs Major Improvements
Although the App Store says this app is Passbook compatible, it must vary park to park because Red Sox tickets do not have passbook functionality. And never mind not being passbook compatible, the ticketing portal is web-based (not native to the app) thus you have to log in, every time you want to access your tickets.
After getting to the tickets, the use of the tickets at the park is just as much of a hassle. After getting your phone back from walking thru security, you then step right up to the ticket takers. This gives you no time to go through the 5+ steps needed to access your tickets. Once you have your tickets, the scanner has NFC functionality, and iPhones get confused bringing up Apple Pay. Then after closing out of Apple Pay you can finally scan your ticket. Meanwhile 10 other fans have walked in beside you with regular paper tickets.
Great job with user experience MLB and Red Sox, great job. 👏🏼 I'm all about going digital, but you should have thought of all this before forcing digital tickets on season ticket holders.
Absolutely Terrible Experience. Twice.
I’ve tried the app twice to enter Fenway Park with tickets that were ‘tossed’ to me. Both instances ended in frustration and embarrassment.
When an iPhone comes anywhere near the ticket readers, the phone assumes you’re making a purchase and switches to Apple Pay. To get back to your tickets inside the app is a difficult, multi-step process, and certainly not easy to do with hundreds of ticket holders waiting to get in behind you.
Additionally, during my second use, the scanner somehow registered both of my tickets (after an initial disaster where it switched to Apple Pay), leaving my wife stuck outside the gate without a valid ticket to scan. We had to explain the story to Ticket Services, who thankfully printed her a new, unused ticket and let me back in through security.
Needless to say, I absolutely will never use this app again. I hope the developer is in the process of addressing these issues because they’re deal-breakers for this to actually be a feasible substitute for hard tickets.
Love using this app!
Has my first experience last weekend using Ballpark and loved it! I easily received and sent tickets. Fun finding new and delicious food places in the ballpark. Even took photos to save to enjoy in the future. Hubby loves baseball more than I do so it also provided some extra entertainment for me! Great app. Can't wait to use it again.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jul 07, 2015
- Version: 4.2.0
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- © 2015 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.