BUNT: The MLB Digital Baseball Trading Card Game
By The Topps Company, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured by Apple as a "Best New App,” last year, Topps® BUNT® is back for another season. BUNT 2015 is the only real-time, real-world Major League Baseball digital trading card game where the cards you own and collect earn points based on how your players perform on the field each day. Enjoy the nostalgia of card collecting and the competitive spirit of fantasy baseball at the same time.
Major League Baseball star Mike Trout is talking about Topps BUNT: “It’s pretty special to see yourself on a Topps baseball card and being a part of Topps BUNT makes it that much more unique,” he said. “It’s cool knowing that when I play on the field, BUNT fans can actually score while the game is going on. Hopefully we can stack up a bunch of points together this season!"
New Features in Topps BUNT 2015
• Contests: BUNT now offers the ability for fans to be grouped together to compete to win rewards. Winners are determined by the total number of points earned by the cards played from their deck, which they play in real-time.
• Real-time scoring: Start your cards and compete just as MLB players are performing in real life. Player statistics are transformed into points based on the BUNT scoring system assigned to each statistical category.
• Deck Building: Fans can construct a deck of cards that will be used to score exclusively in each contest. Fans also have the option to have BUNT Auto-Build the deck, which will create a deck based on the highest scoring cards at their highest boost levels regardless of team.
• Easier to Use: Streamlined interfaces and tutorials hosted by MLB MVP, Mike Trout, make the 2015 version the most accessible of Topps BUNT yet.
Topps BUNT 2015 Features
• Authentic and Official Collecting: Collect today’s hottest Major League Baseball stars on high-definition cards. New players added every week.
• Classic Topps: Relive your childhood with high-definition, digital card releases of your favorite baseball legends. Pull cards of players from the 1950s through the current generation.
• Trade like a Pro: BUNT has the best baseball card collecting community in the world. Expanded trading allows for up to 18 cards to be swapped in a single deal and a new Trader Score allows you to rate your fellow traders on their trustworthiness and deal-making abilities.
• Flow of the Game Scoring: Watch live games and score PTS with TOPPS BUNT® 15 player cards. This allows fans to swap cards in their lineup, and feel the excitement of every hit, strikeout, double play or stolen base.
Follow @toppsbunt on Twitter and @OfficialToppsBUNT on Instagram.
Check out our fan page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ToppsBUNT
What's New in Version 5.0.2
As the season progresses we are continuing to improve BUNT. To current fans- thank you for sticking with us as we grow. For New fans, welcome to BUNT!
-Fixed saving deck and playing card issue when first joining a league
-Small bug fixes
-Added ability to resign from contests- Keep you pts, free up your cards
The concept is a card collecting "game". The collecting side of the app is kind of like collecting baseball cards in my youth which is sort of fun, but unless you are a hardcore baseball fan, you may just be interested in just collecting your favorite team's cards. If you are a hardcore fan and you want all of the special cards, be prepared to spend some serious cash.
Now, let's look at the "game" aspect. The tutorial that they throw at you at the beginning is way overwhelming as you don't have even have any cards in your deck yet, and they're showing you how to use them already. It took me trial and error to find out how to even find a "contest" to enter. The contests are broken down into 3 categories: rookie, pro and all star. But it's funny that the players who end up winning the "rookie" contests aren't rookies at all but rather are players who have a thousand cards and have won most awards available. Unfair in my opinion. Please fix this aspect of the "game". It's just silly. So , if you are a rookie and you are just starting out, you are not going to win any contests unless you spend some serious cash to be competitive.
So basically, if you spend a lot of money, you may get some "good" cards and win some contests. If you don't spend money, you can still have some fun collecting your favorite team at least.
My fan name is: NTRS_YOU_SEE
I have been playing this game for years and I LOVE IT! This is an amazing app to play if you are in to baseball! It's a lot of fun to compete with friends and just have fun! The makers of this app are really good about keeping this game up to date! They will post about how players are doing in their games and new inserts that are coming out in Topps BUNT.. I have been addicted to this app ever since I got it! I love how the app gives out a daily award so you can open a pack of cards every day (unless you're smart and save up for the super rare packs).. Topps will also give random awards to the fans for competitions and getting a new insert within a certain amount of time! So if you are figuring out if you should install this app then definitely do it! And even send me a trade! I love to help out new comers!
This app is the pinnacle of the pay to win market. First, if you want a chance at getting the rarest cards (which also score the most points) you have to pay MONEY to unlock a special pack that sells them. This pack stays for 24 hrs, then you have to pay MORE real money to unlock it again. The only other way you can get these rare, high scoring cards is through trading, but if you haven't paid money to unlock the special pack then you will have nothing that interests the owners of these elite cards.
The elite cards are also the most prominent cards used to win the games. That means that without PAYING real money every day (or at least once a week,) you will have no chance to get any good cards or win your group in the competitions.
Inserts are also ridiculous. If you want a specific card, you have to buy a specific pack. That's right, NO two inserts are sold in the same pack. These packs are also juiced with ridiculous odds. Most are 1:100 for the insert or worse. The game gives you enough daily coins to buy maybe two packs a day. That means you were earn roughly one insert a month. The people that pay will earn a few per day.
To summarize: Without paying, you can't collect, you can't compete, and you can't trade for anyone good. This app is one of the biggest scams in the store. Stick to the real cards if you can, don't waste your money on these cheap digital counterparts.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 95.1 MB
- Languages: English, German, Spanish
- Seller: The Topps Company, Inc.
- 2013© The Topps Company, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 20,000 Coins$9.99
- 5,000 Coins$4.99
- 500,000 Coins$74.99
- 1,000 Coins$0.99
- 250,000 Coins$49.99
- 100,000 Coins$29.99
- Big 10 Bundle$9.99
- 750,000 Coins$99.99
- Big 1 Coin Bundle$0.99
- Big 5 Coin Bundle$4.99