By Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
eDrawings® is the only CAD viewer on iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod Touch that allows you to view native eDrawings files as well as native SolidWorks® parts, assemblies and drawings files. In addition, eDrawings allows convenient viewing of DWG and DXF files.
eDrawings includes Augmented Reality (AR). This allows you to view your 3D models in 1:1 scale into the real world. By simply activating the device’s camera, you can bring your virtual 3D designs in a real context and see them in situ, sitting on your desk or on your conference room table or even in the palm of your hand, through your iPad, Pad mini, iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen. Move around the room and see your design from any perspective.
eDrawings is the email-enabled communication tool that dramatically eases sharing of product design information. You can load and send files via email to collaborate more effectively with everyone involved in product development, including people who are not regular CAD software users to interpret and understand 2D and 3D designs.
Multi-touch gestures let you pan, zoom, and rotate models easily. eDrawings also supports configurations, drawing sheets, and exploded views for eDrawings files published from SolidWorks® and all other supported CAD software.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Visualize your 3D models in real context with Augmented Reality (AR)
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing
* Zoom, pan and rotate your 2D or 3D CAD data using multi-touch
* Animate 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views.
* Browse your assembly components tree, configurations and drawing sheets
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
* Adapt the scale of your 3D model in AR mode
* Freeze the background in AR mode with viewpoint lock to prolong AR experience without holding up your device.
* Sample files included
For more information, visit:
What's New in Version 3.3.1
- SOLIDWORKS 2015 support
- iOS 8 support
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support
Good but missing features
This applications is good as it lets me view my 3d Solidworks model .EPRT file. However I need to have the ability to have measurements. It should show me width/height in either milimeters or inches and also allow me to select faces and get a measurement for it as well. It would also be nice to be abkle to see how much material was needed to build a model when showing a client.
I heard that some of this can be accomplished in the $9.99 version. I scratch my head at this as this viewer is completely free for the Mac and PC.
High quality rendering
I've always been impressed with this app's feature set. Originally I used this on an iPhone 5 and while the frame rates were pretty good the rendering was horrible. All fuzzy and no clear lines. With the latest update and the new iPhone 6 Plus this app has become everything I imagined it could be.
Ready for the next version
Works well with simple assemblies. Starts to slow down a lot when your assembly has more than 100 parts. Normally I wouldn’t have an issue with that but some of the games are rendering with a lot more complexity than a 100 part assembly. Basically I’m looking for better performance before I can give it a better rating.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 43.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- © 1999-2014 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.