By PIXOWL INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
-- AWARDS RECEIVED --
BEST OF WORLD-BUILDING GAMES (iTunes)
BEST OF GAMES: HIDDENS GEMS (iTunes)
TOP GAMES – IF YOU LIKE MINECRAFT (iTunes)
-- UPDATE 1.700 --
Massive FREE content in this first update of 2014: the new User-Created #2 campaign will challenge you with the finest levels made by our fantastic community! We also added several new Daily Quests - more FREE mana to earn when you play each day!
Discover 6 new elements:
For the first time in The Sandbox, explore your worlds with the Avatar, a controllable human!
Create more retro mini-games and levels with the Ninja, our super agile hero, the Imp, its enemy and 2 new moving or falling platforms…
Craft advanced contraptions and technology worlds with the Light Prism element which diffracts any laser beam into the full color spectrum!
Try also the 2 new Quartz and Aluminite Lasers -- find out their powers!
Worlds are automatically tagged and you can easily search for Pixel Art, Gaming or Music categories in the Online Gallery now!
The game is now fully translated in German – Guten Tag Sandboxers!
-- PRESS REVIEWS --
"The Sandbox is a fantastically inventive mobile game that encourages players to create entire worlds and works of art!" Cult Of Mac
-- GAME PRESENTATION --
Imagine crafting your own world (complete with amazing Pixel Art), playing with Humans or Zombies, composing your own music and much more! The universe is yours to create or destroy, and the only limit is your imagination!
Start from scratch with basic building blocks like stone, water and soil. Grow plants, raise mountains, generate life and gain access to advanced tools for crafting more and more complex elements. Before long, you’ll be able to access non-organic elements like metal and light bulbs, allowing you to populate your universe with creations both natural and technological.
UNLEASH YOUR IMAGINATION
● Millions of possibilities. Infinite landscape designs. Countless different chemical reactions. Nothing is beyond your reach!
● Embrace your inner Pixel Artist to create or recreate amazing masterpieces and compose your very own chiptunes melodies with varied music instruments!
● Bring life to your creations and watch them evolve, eat, destroy and die
AND NOW, A SLEW OF EXCITING FEATURES:
● Over 150 elements to combine for different physic effects!
● 13 exciting campaigns -- a whopping 181 game levels in all!
● Add an intelligent life-form to your worlds: Humans!
● Change their behaviour using one of the 8 Magic Powders and turn them into a Miner, Builder, Hunter, Woodcutter, Zombies, Safari guys or even Robots!
● Try now the newest Magic Powder: Spaceman! Jump higher and mine the precious Aluminite.
● Cruise around in your sport car, transport elements with a truck, destroy the land with your tank… or ride throughout space in the Lunar Lander!
● Recreate the Jurassic Period with dinosaurs and volcanoes! Protect your dinosaurs from extinction or recreate the BIG BANG and make them disappear!
● Try our new Blueprints and add awesome real-life wonders to your worlds: the Eiffel Tower, Chichen Itza, the Pyramids, the Statue of Liberty -- even a Crashed UFO!
● Wreak havoc with powerful explosions with TNT or C4! Light up the sky with fireworks or the Galaxy Invaders!
● Create amazing chain reactions with several sensor types, including liquid, light and temperature!
● Craft worlds featuring unique Laser and discover their powers once combined with different gems!
SHARE YOUR CREATIONS WITH THE WORLD
● Create your universe and then share it in The Sandbox’s Online Gallery
● Search in the Online gallery to see other players' creations (500.000 worlds already!)
● Rate other players’ worlds and add elements too.
An entire universe in the palm of your hand!
-- FOLLOW US --
What's New in Version 1.700
+ A FREE campaign for all players: play the User-Created #2 campaign and accomplish the challenge from the finest levels made by our fantastic community!
+ Discover 6 new elements to create more retro mini-games and advanced contraptions or technology worlds:
- the Avatar, a controllable human –for the first time!
- the Ninja, a very agile hero that jumps high and moves like a… ninja.
- the Imp enemy, a hostile element whose purpose is to kill all humans and fight with the Ninja
- 2 types of Platforms: Moving and Falling, an interactive element for creating new mini games
- Light Prism element, to diffract any laser beam into the full color spectrum!
+ Discover the new Quartz and Aluminite Lasers -- find out what their powers!
+ Several new Daily Quests - more FREE mana to earn when you play each day
+ Automatic worlds Tagging, Search by category: Pixel Art, Music or Gaming in the Online Gallery!
+ Full game translation in German… Guten Tag Sandboxers!
+ New App Icon
+ Various Bug Fixes
Screw u bad post's
This game is the best creative game I ever played but some bugs that crash it and drains battery power from all the time I play it but that's not a bug that's my bug to keep playing this game the mana count they give you should be enough but I was in a situation where I had no mana and I had to wait for the next day you see the thing is people spend their mana on the cool stuff not the important stuff that they NEED to complete the level the people who keep updating the game even GIVE you the element to solve the problem but it only works on the DLC people should be happy there is even A daily challenge that's SOOOOO EASY TO COMPLETE but I have a suggestion you guys should add mini games inside a game like add computer or tv in the game where you can play random games that you guys can create so screw ALLLLLLLL THE BAD REVIEWS this is my most favorite creative game EVER
I have to say, this is a pretty new and intuitive game. But the problem with it is there are too many things in the game that make you have to buy stuff with REAL money (I don't blame them, it's how they get money) like mana and that 30 basic elements pack. Most of it is too expensive. So if you say are out of mana, you can do the daily challenge. But sometimes that requires a new element. It's just flat out stupid to do that. Only do that when they have absolutely no mana left and the daily challenge didn't help at all. They should buy it when they WANT to. Also, if you made things less expensive it would get you a lot more money a lot quicker. Just some pro tips. But even that is just a tiny blip in the game. It's fun and very creative. I recommend this game to the creative people out there!
This game assaults you with endless waves of DLC and in-app purchases.
There will come a point in the campaign where it will be IMPOSSIBLE TO PROGRESS unless you spend money to buy more mana to unlock the element you need to move forward.
There is no reliable way to move forward.
The game offers a daily quest that gives you the opportunity to earn more mana. But guess what? To complete that daily quest, you may need an element you don't have yet, which means you need to purchase it.
I won't even bother going into the endless ads it throws onto your screen.
It's a shame, because the game is fun and innovative. I would have gladly paid $4.99 for this and to have everything unlocked from the start.
As it is now, it's ruined by the relentless in-app purchases, and is an instant delete.
Don't waste your time, you'll just be disappointed.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 11, 2014
- Version: 1.700
- Size: 69.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: PIXOWL INC.
- © PIXOWL INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Small Mana Pack$1.99
- Humans Campaign $1.99
- Medium Mana Pack$2.99
- All 30 Basic Elements Pack$7.99
- Robot Attack Campaign$1.99
- Zombie Attack Campaign$1.99
- Alien Invasion Campaign$1.99
- All Campaigns Pack $9.99
- Big Mana Pack$5.99
- Dinosaurs Campaign$2.99