Wooly: A Ravelry companion app for Knitting and Crochet
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wooly: A Ravelry companion app
**Buy Now - FEBRUARY SALE!**
Watch out! The Mammoth likes to knit.
Wooly interfaces directly with your Ravelry.com account to bring your Notebook right to you...wherever you are!
Think of Wooly as the app that navigates the Pleistocene land bridge between your iPhone and Ravelry.com. Wooly is the first and only iOS app that provides on-the-go access to your Ravelry account! Built by a couple of knitters with mad love for all you fiber fans out there.
Have you ever wanted to show off photos of your finished objects? Have you ever been at your local yarn shop and wondered what needles you've got to buy for that queued project? Ever forgotten what fabulous fiber you have left in your stash?
* View your projects, project details and project photos
* Access your Queue and each queued project's details
* Access your Stash and each stashed yarn's details
* View a list of your Friends, their Projects, and their project details
* Add photos to your Projects and Stash
* Built in photo editor to make enhancements to your photos before uploading them to Ravelry.
* Network or WiFi access
The knitters behind Wooly want to know what features you want next! We're here for the long haul…like that never ending scarf you're knitting. Leave feedback through the in-app feedback system and let us know where you want Wooly to go next. This is truly an app driven by its users.
This app is not a product of Ravelry, LLC.
What's New in Version 1.61
**Bug fix for folks with more than 100 projects.
Good App, Has potential!
I'm so happy to have found an app that syncs with my Ravelry account!! I've been using KnitMinder for a couple years now, and while I like it, I hated having to enter my projects in two different places. This app solves that problem nicely!
That said, the app has crashed on me a number of times, which is why it only gets 3 stars from me at this time. I'd like to see that fixed, and then there are a couple things I'd love to see added:
1) Row/repeat counters. KnitMinder has the ability to add multiple row and/or repeat counters for each project. Would be cool to incorporate that feature into this app; not sure if it's possible with Ravelry's APIs, but it's the only thing I'm keeping KnitMinder around for at this point.
2) Ability to see more details of the yarn, needles and patterns being used - either in your own projects lists or that of a friend's. Currently you can't get any more info unless you go to the Ravelry home page.
3) Ability to add new items to your yarn stash or needle inventory from the app. Currently you can edit existing items, but would be great to be able to add new ones too!
4) Ability to edit your "queue" list - or at least delete items you'd like to remove.
Again, I'm excited about this app, and hoping it continues to improve!
Too expensive for such few features
App allows you to:
View your existing projects and change some features of them, like progress, add photos, notes, etc. You cannot however create new projects or even finish one (I can mark it as 100% and even add a completion date, but that doesn't mark it as finished)
View your queue (but not start a project based on a queued pattern)
View your stash (but not update it)
View your needles (but not add or remove any)
View your friends.
$2.99? For basically a way to browse your already finished or in progress projects, with no actual pattern detail? That's a joke. I wish I haden't taken the risk. I wanted something with a mobile interface to Ravelry, since it has no mobile web site version, but should have dealt with using it in the browser with a lot of zooming.
If this app was free it would at least encourage people to download it and provide good feedback on changes, as opposed to getting annoyed at the lack of features and just leaving bad reviews.
Now, since the devs asked for constructive criticism and suggestions, here we go:
Provide access to ravelry pattern search!
Allow access to patterns in general, even the ones in the queue don't show the pattern.
Allow access to patterns in *library*, not just queue.
Allow creation of projects, based on pattern in library or queue or just free-form.
From reading some of the good reviews, I thought the app would be more useful than it is. I thought I would at least be able to read patterns in my queue. Instead I can just see a list of items in my queue and a handful of details about it, but not the actual important details. The library is not present at all, so I guess I'll continue to put my pattern PDFs on my phone to look at while I'm crocheting. As others have said, this app really needs to incorporate pattern searching.
For some reason the hook/needle area is very prominent and yet you can't add any to your list.
I like that I can add pictures straight from my phone camera, but I don't like that I can't seem at edit the yarn in a project. Having the friends area prominent is a nice idea, but I'd much rather be able to search or see my library, or any other aspects of my account or the site.
I was hopeful that this app would give me an easier window to the site to use, but it turns out everything I want to do, I can't seem to do on the app. Sad that I wasted the money even after reading the bad reviews. I hope they add more features soon.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 14, 2012
- Version: 1.61
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: White Mountain Whiskey LLC
- © 2012 White Mountain Whiskey LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.