Fun Golf GPS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn why over 1 million golfers use FunGolf GPS to get accurate yardages information and improve their golf game. And be sure to check FunGolf for Apple Watch!
With FunGolf GPS for Apple Watch, you have the yardages right on your wrist: you can prepare your next shot with confidence, for an unmatched golf experience.
FunGolf for Apple Watch features:
- Scrollable interactive hole layout with distance to any point of the map thanks to the digital crown
- High-contrast maps of the hole for optimal legibility
- Automatic location-based or score-based hole-tracking
- Convenient scorekeeping for up to 4 players.
- Instant shot-tracking: how long was that drive?
- Uses Apple Watch Series 2 built-in GPS when available
- High-contrast 3D maps, visible even in bright sun light.
- Intelligent indicators showing the yardages to the green and hazards in play, updated as you move on the course.
- Automatic club suggestion: Based not only on your per-club distances, but also on your current lie.
- Offline maps: No internet connection is needed while you play. Go abroad and play without even thinking of your data plan.
- Scorecard management: FunGolf displays your score, even in stableford. It will even simulate your handicap index after playing a round.
- Rounds data synchronisation across your Apple Watch, iPhone and iPad
- Pro-grade statistics: see how your game improves over time with incredible stats like Average score, Average Putts per hole, Greens in Regulation...
- FunGolf uses the Health app to save your golf rounds as workouts and track your calories burned, steps and walking distance.
Available for more than 18,000+ courses in the USA and 34,000+ worldwide.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. FunGolf will use your GPS only when you have started a golf round, and will automatically stop it when you end the round or leave the golf course.
In-app purchases availables:
- FunGolf Membership: $4.49/month or $19.99/year
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
What's New in Version 4.0.1
You still would need the iPhone
The iWatch app doesn’t work fully independent from the iPhone. The biggest problem is that the iWatch app uses gps from your iPhone during the golf game. If you left the phone at the golf cart and approach the green for a pitch shot, you would see the distance from the phone located at the golf cart so the information about the distance on the watch is useless. The customer service told me to switch off the Bluetooth and the Wifi on my phone. The thing is that the watch doesn’t download the data to the watch and you wouldn’t be able to see the pictures of all golf holes. There must be a bug. After I bought the app, the watch downloaded the first golf course I played but never downloaded the other courses I played later. For some reason the watch remembers the first golf course I played after purchasing the app. Additionally, it can’t recognize the golf course you want to play. Here in Florida, there is a huge concentration of golf courses. I have six in 15 min. radius. The watch usually recognizes the one I do not want to play. There must be selection available, otherwise this functionality is useless and you would be forced to use your iPhone. There are three courses at my home club. So the first holes are very close to each other. There is no wonder that the watch usually selects the wrong course. I like this app but needs to be tuned!
I researched all the golf apps for my new watch 2. You really could not tell on any of the apps, even including this particular app, whether there was a picture of the hole you were playing on the watch. I wanted more than just yardage. The picture is great for each hole, and you touch your watch to actually move the lines (and get exact yardage) wherever on the course you want to hit to. It worked perfectly!!! I absolutely loved it. My watch still had juice at the end of the day, even after playing golf with it and turning the meter for exercise on and running.
Overall most stable golf app on watch
All that this needs is front/middle/back readings on the watch.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Dec 02, 2016
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 41.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: GolfCoders
- © 2012-2016 GolfCoders
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- FunGolf Membership$4.49
- FunGolf Membership$19.99