Fun Golf GPS 3D
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn why 1 million golfer use FunGolf GPS to get accurate yardages information and improve their golf game. And be sure to check FunGolf for Apple Watch!
With FunGolf GPS for Apple Watch, you have the yardages right on your wrist: you can prepare your next shot with confidence, for an unmatched golf experience.
FunGolf for Apple Watch features:
- distance to the front, back, and center of the green
- high-contrast maps of the green for optimal legibility
- distance to all hazards
- scorekeeping for up to 4 players.
- available for more than 18,000 courses in the USA and 33,000 worldwide.
- High-contrast 3D maps, visible even in bright sun light.
- Intelligent indicators showing the yardages to the green and hazards in play, updated as you move on the course.
- Automatic club suggestion: Based not only on your per-club distances, but also on your current lie.
- Offline maps: No internet connection is needed while you play. Go abroad and play without even thinking of your data plan.
- Scorecard management: FunGolf displays your score, even in stableford. It will even simulate your handicap index after playing a round.
- Rounds data synchronisation across your Apple Watch, iPhone and iPad
- Pro-grade statistics: see how your game improves over time with incredible stats like Average score, Average Putts per hole, Greens in Regulation...
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. GPS tracking is turned on only while you are on the course and is turned off automatically when you leave.
What's New in Version 3.3.2
- Apple Watch support
- Improved support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
3.3.1 & 3.3.2
- bug fixes
Pretty good iPhone app. Watch app was great before update
Picked this app up when it was free for app of the week a while back. Have really enjoyed the iPhone app. Has a few quirks. Could have a little more user friendly and sleek interface but the 3d course models have been great in my experience.
The watch app on the other hand was great until they updated it. When it first came out I loved it. Ever since they updated it the watch app has been terrible. Doesn't auto progress to the next whole anymore after putting score in. Unstable. Not a good update. The watch app is the main reason for the 2 star review. I'd give the iPhone app almost 4.
Scorecard Sharing Needed
We really need the capability to share a scorecard with a golfing partner surname a round or after so that our scores show up on the same round in each other's app. This is the missing feature that would make this app stellar.
Also, if we could see a feed of our friends scorecards and allow us to comment or thumbs up their round. See how Strava implements this with cycling and running.
Challenges might be nice too.
Don't buy (yet at least) if you want watch support
I broke down and bought this liking the interface of the watch from pictures. Guess what, you can't keep score and using it on the course is so cumbersome. You can input score but there is no way to ever see your total score -- useless. It also doesn't advance to the next hole so you have to swipe back then scroll through the whole list to manually get to the next hole. It makes you angry to use it. I had to stop as there is nothing worse than feeling annoyed as you tee off on the next hole.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 3.3.2
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: GolfCoders
- © 2012-2015 GolfCoders
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1-Year Membership (incl. Apple Watch support)$19.99
- Lifetime Membership (incl. Apple Watch support)$39.99