Fun Golf GPS 3D
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn why 1 million golfer use FunGolf GPS to get accurate yardages information and improve their golf game. And be sure to check FunGolf for Apple Watch!
With FunGolf GPS for Apple Watch, you have the yardages right on your wrist: you can prepare your next shot with confidence, for an unmatched golf experience.
FunGolf for Apple Watch features:
- distance to the front, back, and center of the green
- high-contrast maps of the green for optimal legibility
- distance to all hazards
- scorekeeping for up to 4 players.
- available for more than 18,000+ courses in the USA and 33,000+ worldwide.
- High-contrast 3D maps, visible even in bright sun light.
- Intelligent indicators showing the yardages to the green and hazards in play, updated as you move on the course.
- Automatic club suggestion: Based not only on your per-club distances, but also on your current lie.
- Offline maps: No internet connection is needed while you play. Go abroad and play without even thinking of your data plan.
- Scorecard management: FunGolf displays your score, even in stableford. It will even simulate your handicap index after playing a round.
- Rounds data synchronisation across your Apple Watch, iPhone and iPad
- Pro-grade statistics: see how your game improves over time with incredible stats like Average score, Average Putts per hole, Greens in Regulation...
- Health data: review the energy burned and total walked distance in the Health application.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. GPS tracking is turned on only while you are on the course and is turned off automatically when you leave.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
- bug fixes
I have downloaded dozens and this is the one I have stuck with.
They don't clutter the app up with tons of ads or graphics or other 'extras' that nobody uses. The interface is simple to learn, and they have a reasonable lifetime subscription option rather than making you pay every year for access. (like GolfShot and SkyCaddie do) So over time this is far less expensive.
Also, you can track all your shots and distances on the Apple Watch. So I never have to take the phone out of my pocket during a round anymore. So much faster!
My only remaining requests are...
1) Integration with sites like GolfNow and Donovan Daily for being able to make tee time reservations in the app, and take advantage of their discount deals.
2) Integration with USGA for submitting scores for official handicap calculations. This is helpful when playing in tournaments that require you to submit a verified handicap, and other apps like The Grint offer this feature.
3) Access to look up USGA rules from within the app in case you're not sure about something.
Other than that, the app is truly fantastic.
Amazing App, but could be better
This app is spot on, yard ages, scoring, and even statistics are spot on! The only thing I wish was in the app is a course view mode. Before I play a round on a new course, I would like to just see the course and not have to start a round to be able to view the course. Overall, this app is amazing, but it could be better! There is only one issue on my home course, but I don't blame them because of the confusing layout.
Great features and easy to use
The imagery is real good and you have options. Shot recording is easy and accurate and if you have the time and inclination you can record details like lie, swing and trajectory which is a nice way to explain the results of your shot. For instance a punch out shot with a 5 iron from the rough that only travel 100 yards. The One thing I like to see is the option for 9 holes rounds.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: May 06, 2016
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 29.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: GolfCoders
- © 2012-2015 GolfCoders
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1-Year Membership (incl. Apple Watch support)$19.99
- Lifetime Membership (incl. Apple Watch support)$39.99