By WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Currently 50% off!
Auria - the 48-track digital audio recording system for iPad.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
The mobile DAW you've been dreaming of has arrived. Auria is a 48-track digital recording system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like AAF import/export, and optional third-party plugin support from names like PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog, Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• 48 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files. (24 tracks on iPad 1)
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plugin support available via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Ripple Edit mode
• Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Inter-app Audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
Includes a demo song mixed on Auria by Grammy winning producer/engineer David Kahne.
iPad 2 or later recommended
Compatible with all iPad models (iPad 1 has only 24 tracks, 44.1KHz and 48 KHz)
iOS 5.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
What's New in Version 1.155
Various bug fixes - see our forum for more info
Peerless in the iOS world
I wish people would cease with the negative reviews of Auria. Common complaints of lack of midi and bugs are from frustrated people who fail to see the bigger picture - Auria is without peer in the world of iOS recording. While midi support is on the way and will further cement Auria's place as the king of iOS music production apps, it is sadly overlooked that Auria is the only truly pro-grade option for multi-track recording on the iPad. As for bugs, they are mostly related to apps used in conjunction with Auria, and are not the fault of the developer. Bottom line, I have done dozens of simultaneous multi-channel recordings with Auria; performed rock-solid every time. If you have experience with a desktop DAW you'll find Auria refreshingly familiar, yet unique in its own way. And it only costs $25; seriously, what other app, desktop or tablet, gives you this kind of quality for that low of a price?
It's also worth mentioning that Rim, Auria's developer, is one of the good guys, sincerely cares about user feedback, and deserves much more support than some of these reviews are giving...
Can't please everyone...
There are quite a few complaints on this app, but I can't, for the life of me understand why.. I've been using auria for almost a year and have pushed both my iPad mini and my iPad mini 2 to the bounds of what I thought possible for truly mobile studio production. I find that my iPad mini 2 and auria can handle mixing and tracking better than most of the desktop daws I have used in the past.. And thanks to my apogee mic, I get amazing, artifact free digital recording where ever I am. Kudos to WaveMachine Labs for options like aaf, Dropbox support (saves your precious diskspace!) and (finally) interapp audio / audiobus support. You guys rock!! I don't see the issues people are having with monitoring, graphics or input levels.. I get good clean takes every time...
I will continue to support your products for the foreseeable future and im very excited for auria pro!
I got what I paid for!
Yeah, there are some missing (but upcoming) features we've all long waited for yet I can't fault it for anything that's not in the detailed app description and website. It does exactly what I bought (at launch) and has provided opportunities to professional level plugins for a fraction of the price. Other products might offer MIDI sequencing, but they PALE in comparison in regards to FX or mastering capabilities and other tidbits along the way. Currently on iOS (a mobile OS, mind you) there is no complete DAW solution. Ignore the 1 star reviews complaining of incorrect expectations and/or assumptions as they are misleading uneducated consumers that have unfortunately tainted this amazing app's reputation.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 04, 2014
- Version: 1.155
- Size: 274 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- © 2014 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro-Q Effect Plug-in$22.99
- Micro Warmer Effect Plug-in$19.99
- Drumagog Add-on$19.99
- ReTune Effect Add-on$5.99
- THM Effect Plug-in$19.99
- Video Import Add-On$4.99
- Pro-C Compressor Plugin$22.99
- Echo Effect Plug-in$14.99
- Timeless2 Tape Delay Plug-in$14.99
- OldTimer Sound Processor effect Add-on$19.99