By WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Currently 50% off!
Auria - the 48-track digital audio recording system for iPad.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
The mobile DAW you've been dreaming of has arrived. Auria is a 48-track digital recording system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like AAF import/export, and optional third-party plugin support from names like PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog, Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• 48 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files. (24 tracks on iPad 1)
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plugin support available via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Time Stretching using Dirac 3 Pro technology
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Ripple Edit mode
• Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Inter-app Audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
Includes a demo song mixed on Auria by Grammy winning producer/engineer David Kahne.
iPad 2 or later recommended
Compatible with all iPad models (iPad 1 has only 24 tracks, 44.1KHz and 48 KHz)
iOS 5.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
What's New in Version 1.155
Various bug fixes - see our forum for more info
Can't please everyone...
There are quite a few complaints on this app, but I can't, for the life of me understand why.. I've been using auria for almost a year and have pushed both my iPad mini and my iPad mini 2 to the bounds of what I thought possible for truly mobile studio production. I find that my iPad mini 2 and auria can handle mixing and tracking better than most of the desktop daws I have used in the past.. And thanks to my apogee mic, I get amazing, artifact free digital recording where ever I am. Kudos to WaveMachine Labs for options like aaf, Dropbox support (saves your precious diskspace!) and (finally) interapp audio / audiobus support. You guys rock!! I don't see the issues people are having with monitoring, graphics or input levels.. I get good clean takes every time...
I will continue to support your products for the foreseeable future and im very excited for auria pro!
It works but 2 years later STILL NO MIDI.....
It works and sounds decent but the Audiobus implementation is bad, and after spending maybe too much on this app and some plugs it still has no MIDI sequencing! Add that and clean up the Audiobus implementation and this review would go to five. I'm on a iPad Air 128 GB and see no reason for this not having MIDI sequencer...just don't let Retronyms do it!
Addition to my earlier review:
I've removed one star as this app STILL will not sync with most other apps. If you plan on using this app to create multi track sessions of other iOS instruments its best to look elsewhere as it is nearly impossible to use this app in that way....seems a it silly doesn't it? We where promised this would be fixed. Now we've been told that in order to use it the way I've described you will have to buy the new version of Auria when it is released....
Interface Needs Major Work
While this app may be a great DAW for iPad (I'm still determining) as far as the under-the-hood capabilities go, the interface elements are HORRIBLE. For one, nothing has been updated to Retina graphics. Seriously? Some of the pop-ups, menus, and other UI look like they were ported from Linux. Other parts, like the radio buttons, look like they were copied from a 6 year old version of Mac OS X. The whole things screams "This app was not specifically made for iPad". For something that is probably in the top 1% tier of iOS app pricing, this is inexcusable. The developers should hire a graphic/UI designer to update the look and the workflow (menus, pop-ups, etc) to make it a true iPad app, and not just a port from their other platforms.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 04, 2014
- Version: 1.155
- Size: 274 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- © 2014 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro-Q Effect Plug-in$29.99
- Micro Warmer Effect Plug-in$19.99
- Drumagog Add-on$19.99
- ReTune Effect Add-on$5.99
- THM Effect Plug-in$19.99
- Video Import Add-On$4.99
- Echo Effect Plug-in$14.99
- Pro-C Compressor Plugin$29.99
- OldTimer Sound Processor effect Add-on$19.99
- Classic Verb Pro$9.99