Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**NOW AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE!**
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 10 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.2.4
- Dropbox import progress indicator
- Fixed Dropbox conflict when syncing changes from desktop app
- Import buttons disabled for Dropbox and iCloud when not online
- ScriptNote body text maintained when rotating to landscape
Bugs need to be worked out
I like it, and use it often, but there are various bugs that need to be fixed. I'll type out here what I can in the hopes that a FD employee will see them and act on them.
After writing on it for a while, a lag builds up where the typing catches up more and more seconds after doing the actual typing. I end up restarting my iPad to get it back to starting speed.
Much too often there are times when, after typing the scene setting, upon hitting Return the cursor jumps back halfway thru the scene setting so that half of it skips down with the Return.
And all the time, after mostly typing the Character, but also after typing other Elements, the keyboard/screen acts like I selected a portion (the blue select highlighting) of typing to delete, or copy, or whatever. It is extremely annoying.
Bottom line is that it's well worth it for the price, but the bugs need to be worked out ASAP.
It's just the best, pure and simple.
We use Final Draft Writer on our iPads and iPhones, and BAM! There is literally never a moment when we cannot write if we want to.
When we decided to move from novels to screenplays we did a lot of research. A LOT. Final Draft has, like all software, had bumps here and there but in terms of writing screenplays it has been pretty much flawless. They have really put a lot of work, careful work, into this software. They listen to customers' comments and requests. They add features to further the writing process.
We start our writing process in Pages to outline the story. Once we have it, we turn to Final Draft. Using iCloud Drive to save the files, we can open our Final Draft scripts wherever we are with our iPad or iPhone. Final Draft Writer is the absolute perfect companion to Final Draft.
Same Here...Still Glitches
The last Final Draft update was back to normal, but with this new one, just like the previous review stated, there are new glitches that are preventing the app from being less than stellar. This weird jumping around with the cursor that doesn't allow us to use character, action, etc. when we need it is extremely irritating. Then, the cursor decides it wants to skip lines, and we have to manually click the button to tell the cursor what we need it to do when it's supposed to be automatic. I love this app, it's so worth the money, but I wish someone can update this app in a way where we don't have to keep contacting support every few months. This is our livelihoods, and we just want it done right.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 31, 2017
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 73.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2016 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.