Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 10 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via iCloud, Dropbox, or email. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox or iCloud
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- Professionally formatted TV, Film, and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Export scripts to PDF via Dropbox, iCloud, or email
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Very good solution for iPad users
Early reviews had me concerned but I have mostly enjoyed my use of the recent version of Final Draft Writer. Many of the problems discussed most likely come from the awkwardness of the transition of the iPad from a tablet to more of a notebook style computer. I would not want to exclusively use Final Draft on an iOS devise as it can be cumbersome even on an iPad Pro, but it works well for me as a secondary option. Over time, as users forsake pricier/outdated Airbooks and MacBooks, this product will need to improve to incorporate some of the excellent features of the desktop version, such as a scene view, notes, etc. Then, of course, it will most likely cost more as well.
Horrible, Horrible, Horrible, Horrible...
Final Draft lost 3 important projects I had been working on for months. They’re telling me that when you receive the error message “Not compatible with...” this means your script is corrupt and is unrecoverable, all because I went between iPhone while I was on the bus, and iPad and PC while at home. I thought this was what the software was designed to do. I guess not. This is heartbreaking beyond repair. Months of hard work down the drain. Looking to replace this app, effective immediately, and will transfer the rest of my files elsewhere.
I am very impressed by the Ipad version of this program, in fact I think I like it more than the PC version because it is a bit simpler to use. I do have one question, are there more templates we can download? I am particularly looking for a comic script. I guess I can use the screen play script but I like the comic script in the full version not a big deal but would be cool to have.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 12, 2017
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 45.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2017 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Writing Features$9.99