Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**NOW AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE!**
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 10 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Support for new FD 10 features
Just, wow. App opens immediately, fast access to all of your scripts. Amazing syncing capability with iCloud; if I make a change on my iPhone, it reflects on my iPad, etc. I love that it creates a folder right within iCloud Drive for easy access, and the ability to send a PDF of your script directly to said iCloud Folder is a welcome addition. Please keep up the amazing work, you guys are doing great work on this app, and I've never seen such a continual, welcome stream of updates, unlike the previous "once-a-year" updates by the previous company before your team bought Final Draft. My only bit of feedback would be the ability to change font, size and color within the app, and also the ability to create folders or "projects" for your FD files; it can be cumbersome to keep track of everything if you have lots of drafts. Having a cork board or outlining tool would be a welcome addition, and the dream request would be the ability to have Final Draft 10's collaboration feature work with FD Writer. Anyway, great work guys, please keep it up!
Pretty much unusable
I finally made the move to Final Draft after being somewhat unsatisfied with the other options available and it is supposed to be the premiere screenwriting software on the planet. The desktop app is fine, my only beef being the exorbitant cost of what is basically a word processor with automatic formatting.
As for the iPad app, I made the mistake in thinking I could seamlessly work between my laptop and iPad. But first, syncing is terrible compared to other apps in a cloud based era. You can back up to Dropbox, or to iCloud, but these are backups and do not sync to one another. A frustrating experience after using Celtx, where I could pick up where I left off on my iPad or iPhone. Second, and more importantly, the typing on the app is just bad. For an app that is just a typing app in essence, typing is a nightmare. It just doesn't input the keystrokes as any other app I've ever used. Missed keystrokes causes misspelled words that l have to constantly go back and correct, and then correct again. The only solution is to type very slowly and make sure each keystroke is correctly displayed on the screen. Too frustrating to actually use.
Yes,I realize it's free, but not really. I bought into the ecosystem of Final Draft, and on the iPad side of the world, it is a fail.
Getting there. But not "there," yet.
There are many things to like about this product and I still recommend it, but there are things it can't do that frustrate me. You can't make notes for easy reference. At least, I can't figure out how to do that.
This program needs the ability to change the character's name. I think that functionality exists in the PC version. It needs to be added to the iPad version. I'm 40% through a script and realized I have two characters whose names sound too much alike. But there's nothing I can do about that.
At the very least they need to give you a list of its shortcomings so you can plan ahead.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 11, 2016
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 54.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2016 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.