Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**NOW AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE!**
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 10 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.2.6
Strikeout styling now added (keyboard shortcut: Cmd+Shift+x)
App switching now hides your script text for security
Wonderful... until it doesn't work.
Huge fan of the computer app. I WAS a fan of this app as it was working better than the other script writing phone apps I've used. But now, I can't work on a script longer than five pages without it crashing on me. Maybe it's because I switched to an iPhone 7 plus from a 5s. Maybe it's because I'm syncing it with Dropbox. I don't know. Either way, I'm frustrated that I can't use this otherwise easy to use to app with my main projects.
Love this app
I love this app. Although you can't do everything you can do with the desktop version, but it's ideal if you're on the go or on the road. I do wish they would make a few tweaks:
1) make it compatible with Apple Pencil. It would make it so much easier to use and make notes.
2) Ability to highlight text preferably with different colors.
Overall highly recommend it. Good job
I'm giving this app 1 star for a very important reason. Yes, it has all the basic features to write a screenplay, but any screenwriting app should, so it gets no points just for being what it says it is. My problem comes when writing dialogue, the cornerstone of any script. After writing the dialogue from one character, when you push enter it goes back to action every time. So instead of the natural flow of: character, enter, dialogue, enter, another character, enter, dialogue, enter, etc.. It goes: character, enter, dialogue, enter, automatic switch to action which makes you have to push the character button again, character, enter, dialogue, enter, automatic switch to action which makes you have to push the character button again, and on and on. This seems to me to be one of the most basic functions when writing, not having to push the character box over and over again just to write dialogue. When I'm writing I have a certain flow, and this app is completely unintuitive to that flow. And this app assumes that every time I write one persons dialogue I'm going to write an action. Why? I don't know, but if this is a common writing flow then there should at least be a setting you can change. I spent $20 on this app and I consider to be almost useless because of this feature. It kills my creative flow. Would really appreciate this being fixed.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 17, 2017
- Version: 2.2.6
- Size: 74.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2016 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.