Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 10 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.2.8
Added locations; script files now organized in different locations
Quick tour updated
What’s new updated
Reordered tools menu
Other defect fixes
Thanks for updates (still some bugs but they're working on it)
SCENE HEADING BUG IS STILL HERE: Scene headings change arbitrarily all the time. You type a scene heading, you hit return and sometimes, especially if you have multipart scene headings (e.g., "BEDROOM - JOHN DOE'S HOUSE - DAY"), the scene heading changes to some other random scene heading that the app selects from the SmartType list of scene headings (in my example above, the whole line is deleted when I hit return and the scene heading just reads "- DAY"). On top of which, this doesn't behave like the desktop app at all and then when I hit undo, sometimes it will undo more than just the scene heading, and as noted below, there is no "redo", so now I've just lost whatever was "undone" forever.
I also still wish that the keyboard shortcuts (I'm using Apple's Smart Keyboard) were a little more consistent with desktop. I especially would love command-F to open up find and replace - I use it ALL THE TIME on the desktop version and miss being able to quickly search in the iOS app.
I very, very much appreciate the attempt at better Dropbox and iCloud integration but it's still odd to me that this forces you to use a specific Dropbox folder designated by Final Draft. I have my own Dropbox folder structure and wish I could just navigate my full Dropbox folder hierarchy (which I've built up over several years of work and works for my workflow) rather than Final Draft Writer trying to force me to use a specific folder they've created in my Dropbox.
So this version still has issues for me but I'm very appreciative of the Final Draft engineering team lately. They're working to address issues and working much more quickly than they have in the past with the iOS version. Thanks!
Very easy to get started
I used other apps for a while and this is the best I have tried. There are still a few features that would be nice (mentioned in other reviews) but otherwise a great app for screenwriting.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 19, 2017
- Version: 2.2.8
- Size: 62.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2016 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.