Final Draft Writer
By Final Draft, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**NOW AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE!**
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 9 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.1
Support for iOS 9
Optimization for iPhone 6 and 6+
Support for Split Screen and newer iPads
Okay for screenplays - terrible for stage plays
I've been using final draft since version 4.x on floppy disks, over 20 years ago. Final draft in someways gets better, and like Microsoft Word since version 5.x, just gets messier and bloated. Final draft for i-devices works reasonably well for screenplays, not perfectly. Lots of glitches, bugs, and club lines. ...But I also write stageplays, and all it does is copy the exact same functions from the screenplay file. Even uses the SAME TERMS AS A SCREENPLAY! That's ridiculous. There are no "shots" in a stageplay. Or "scene headings" and so forth. Stageplays require different formatting and different elements, and it's very disappointing that final draft for i-devices and desktop claims to be for stageplays, and then just uses the exact same screenplay functions and names. This makes writing a stageplay impossible without customizing, when final draft should have already customized it for you - like it claims it does - and even then you are still left with standard screenplay terms NOT USEABLE FOR STAGE. It's not very pretty to write on, very clunky at times; other software are prettier, but SADLY final draft does happen to be more functional than all the other software I've tried. Including Celtx and Scripts Pro. Also when you sync, if you delete a file from the app, it still remains in your dropbox, so you can accidentally have multiple files when you thought you deleted it, and this can be confusing.
Useful elegant intuitive
An ideal mobile solution for quickly sketching scenes or capturing dialogue before transfer to the desktop version of Final Draft. One-click setup with a Dropbox account couldn't be easier, but, you can also email yourself backups, even 'Select All' of your script (or just a portion of text), then copy and paste your selection into Evernote.
One star reviews here are insincere. Each new (free) update purges all prior reviews. Competitors then repopulate this app's 'Reviews' section with bizarre single stars. If you appreciate the app and notice it has been updated, please consider refreshing your positive review to protect our investment in this unique useful program. Writer is of course optimized for the iPhone 6/6+...it looks gorgeous, feels intuitive, and like most professional iOS apps is extremely stable. There simply is no competition.
Highly recommend Writer for sketching and editing on the fly. You'll love it.
It's great that I can open, edit and create FDX documents on my iPad, but the experience could really be improved. First, the app uses a terrible custom scrolling engine it seems, and it makes it impossible to highlight a sentence of text. Infuriating.
The app doesn't support any keyboard shortcuts for the Apple Smart Keyboard, or any other Bluetooth keyboards, even basic ones for bolding, underlining or italicizing text. And the app has Dropbox support, which is nice, but still no support for iCloud Drive. Please update this app to take full advantage of modern iOS and iPad features!
But please at least fix the terrible scrolling.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 13, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 31.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Final Draft, Inc.
- © 2015 Final Draft, Inc. All rights reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.