Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 10 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.2.8
Added locations; script files now organized in different locations
Quick tour updated
What’s new updated
Reordered tools menu
Other defect fixes
There is still a Scene Heading problem!
For the past few versions, I have had a problem with scene headings. For example, if I type
EXT. HOUSE - ROOM - DAY and hit ENTER, the heading changes to some old heading, and I can't add the new heading. I contacted support a few months ago, but the technician said it was an isolated incident and may be a problem with my IPad, but I see that another user has this problem. This issue happens with and without my Smart Keyboard, so it is a software issue, not a hardware one. Please fix this, this shouldn't be happening to a professional screenwriting software.
Sluggish and buggy
Can the developers of this amazing software fix the iPad version? I have an iPad mini 3 and I remember this app working great on the iPad Air 3. This current version is sluggish, as there's seems to be a delay when erasing words or correcting sentences using backspace. And scrolling up and down, the software slows down like a heavy detailed video game on a slow computer. Also, it crashes randomly in the middle of work. It used to be steady, fast and reliable. Now, is problematic. Can we fix this?
The most recent update finally allowed iPad Pro 10.5 inch users to actually type in their documents, but now the "Email PDF" function is broken and does absolutely nothing. I really wish the dev team would actually bug test their updates before releasing them - this is getting ridiculous.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 19, 2017
- Version: 2.2.8
- Size: 62.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2017 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.