App in the Air - Live Track Flight and Airport
By App in the Air
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
App in the Air helps you fly smarter with everything you need to make the most of your flight experience.
Featured in Business Insider's 100 Greatest Apps and Gizmodo's Essential Apps of June, 2012.
"App in the Air: Smarter, Faster, Money Saving Flying" - theiphoneappreview.com, #3 App Review Site on Net
Know where to find the best food in the airport and how to connect to free wireless internet. Learn the best ways to spend free time and find the best coffee. Don't be late with online check-in and keep your friends and family updated by sharing your flight status.
BE SMART IN THE AIRPORT
- Get the latest official information on your flight/airline/airport
- Follow advice from fellow passengers
- Connect with other travelers with online chat
BE SMART BEFORE THE FLIGHT
- Use packing/to-do list
- Check in straight from the app
- Get your personal flight schedule and receive notifications on every stage of the flight
- Detailed flight tracking
- Sharing of your flight and airplane details on Facebook/Twitter
- Personal stats on miles/airports/countries
- Slick and beautiful design
* Facebook and Twitter names and logos are trademarks of Facebook Inc. and Twitter respectively. App in the Air is not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Facebook or Twitter.
If something goes wrong with the app you can also send us an e-mail at email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.3.8
Fixed adding button on welcome screen
Promise with little fulfillment
This app is very interesting but is reality is an advertisement for selling a subscription to their services for about $30/ year. The services did seem to be something I was interested in so I clicked on a button that said it would send a promocode to my email for a discounted subscription. However, the email never arrived, the promise of a promocode disappeared from the app and though interesting services are still advertised at a fee, in its present form, does little more than tell you the arrival/departure of flights. Alerts cannot be activated without subscription.
The promise is good, the interface is attractive, but the actual use is disappointing. TripIt sync does not work, nor does remote checkin. I received no information about my layover airport. The app appears to be largely a data gathering device with no information regarding the use of that data.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 13, 2014
- Version: 3.3.8
- Size: 33.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, French, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: AITA LIMITED
- © 2012 AITA LIMITED
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Push and SMS Notifications for 5 flights$3.99
- One year Push/SMS subscription$26.99
- SMS and Push notifications$0.99
- Three month Push/SMS subscription$8.99
- SMS and Push notifications for 10 flights$5.99