Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TRAVEL THROUGH EUROPE IN THIS FOLLOW-UP TO OUR MILLION-SELLING TICKET TO RIDE BOARD GAME!
ALSO FEATURES A SWISS MAP, AVAILABLE AS AN IN-APP PURCHASE!
** What is it?
A digital adaptation of the best-selling Ticket to Ride EUROPE board game that introduced Ferries, Tunnels and Stations into the game.
** What’s in it?
• The map of Ticket to Ride Europe
• A new AI bot, PoirBot, specifically designed for Europe
• 5 new European-specific achievements
• The map of Ticket to Ride Switzerland (available as an in-app purchase) that also comes with its own specific bot, EscherBot
• The same Conductor Level and Pressure Gauge achievements first introduced in Ticket to Ride Pocket; they can now be saved online and take into account Online games played with other copies of Ticket to Ride
• The same SOLO, PASS-and-PLAY, LOCAL and MULTI modes, and leader boards, that made the original Ticket to Ride Pocket so popular
** What else?
We care deeply about your ideas, comments and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us on our forums at www.daysofwonder.com
What's New in Version 1.1
*** NEW FEATURES ***
• Facebook Native Share support: share your Achievements on Facebook with a single tap!
• Switch between Ticket to Ride Pocket & Europe Pocket with a single tap
• Improved integration with Game Center and Facebook:
◇ Easy step-by-step process to find your existing Days of Wonder Online account and link it to your Game Center and Facebook accounts.
◇ New panel in the Settings screen to manage your accounts, switch to another Days of Wonder Online account, etc.
• You can now abort the in-game tutorial mid-game.
• iOS 6 support.
*** BUG FIXES AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS ***
• Saving your Achievements to your Days of Wonder Online account has been improved.
• Crash fixed: while reloading a solo game with PoirBot
• Other various fixes.
It works fine, but it really could have used more work before being released. I'm not thrilled with this being a separate app from the original, and STATIONS. I only know how they work after several games of trial and error. It's not well-explained or well-implemented (just let us pick the route we're claiming, so we know what's going on and which ticket we've used and how we can't put anything down next to a station or it ruins everything?), and it's not like I could look at the CPUs for guidance, because they apparently don't know about stations, despite the fact that they are one of the few big changes in this game. And I still don't know the specifics of why I can or can't use a tunnel. Either have a better UI or explain your rules better.
Not as refined as ticket to ride pocket
I love the new mechanics in this version of the game: tunnels, ferries, stations. But the AI doesn't seem to know about stations: I've yet to see a computer opponent use a station to avoid a penalty at game's end. Or ever, in any circumstance.
Moreover, the interface doesn't update my routes as complete after I play a station. I get credit correctly when the game is scored, but up to then there's no indication that the route's complete - and that makes for confusion.
At the end of the game, when I click on a player to see completed routes etc., the bottom of the map is hidden, and there's no way o scroll it up.
In sum, great game, but not fully polished.
I'd also like a path to upgrade to the new iPad version of the app.
Days of Wonder sure knows how to develop a great version of a widely loved tabletop game! I have nothing but praise for the quality of this app!
1) Multiplayer through GC is sometimes buggy, and you have to quit and kill the app and come back in to get it to recognize the other person has taken a turn. This isn't frequent, but does happen from time to time, and it may be a GC thing.
2) iPhone 5 support would be nice.
These aren't deal-breakers. It's a superb app!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 08, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 27.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland$0.99