McGraw-Hill’s Conversational American English
By Mobile Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn more than 3,000 English expressions and speak and understand the language easily
As a new speaker of English, you may hear some expressions in your daily conversations that you do not understand--yet. McGraw-Hill's Conversational American English will help you learn these expressions, so not only do you know what a person is saying to you, but that you can use the expression yourself! More than 3,000 expressions are organized by theme, so you can find what you are looking for quickly. And each topic is illustrated to further help you understand context.
The book features:
* Common expressions are batched into 350 themes, ranging from general greetings and asking how someone is, to the more specific needs, like showing disbelief, asking someone’s intentions, and expressions for a forgotten word or name
* A comprehensive thematic glossary provides an additional means for the learner to locate expressions by key words and concepts
Topics include: Basic Social Encounters, Greetings, Small Talk, Introductions, Ending a Conversation, Good-Byes, Agreeing, Disagreeing Conversational Encounters, Focusing Attention, Launching the Conversation, Making Friends, Complex Matters, Disputes, Discussion and Resolution, Polite Encounters, Prefaces, Communication Barriers
The dictionary is powered by the MSDict dictionary engine. MSDict 5 new features:
* Colorful and feature-rich user interface with faster and easier word access
* Customizable two-pane user interface (for iPad)
* Quick search of terms while you type
* Table of contents for fast navigation in the different sections of the title
* Hyperlinks between terms and articles
* Ability to change the font size in the term definitions
* Favorites - you can create your own lists of favorite items and organize them in groups
* History of last visited terms and articles
* Fast article scrolling
* No connection to the Internet required - you can use the dictionary on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch without connecting to the Internet and with no additional charges
* Daily term feature to help you memorize a term each day
Can’t find the word you are looking for? Three kinds of filters will help you locate that elusive word.
* Fuzzy filter – used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword – used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card – “?” and “*” replace a letter and group of letters in words to broaden your search
What's New in Version 5.0.17
* Optimized for iPhone 5
Fantastic Reference !
Just tried it out- very comprehensive library of relevant and useful phrases. It has a well-designed UI which allows for quick reference. Best for ESL students who are interested in using simple, effective phrases in everyday social interactions with native speakers. Does what it says, completely satisfied.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 05, 2012
- Version: 5.0.17
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mobile Systems
- © 2012 Mobile Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.