FineScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful all-purpose mobile scanner to quickly capture docs and books, creating electronic copies in PDF and JPG, and apply online OCR to recognize texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
FineScanner - the top mobile scanner for iPhone or iPad from world-leading OCR software company ABBYY.
***** Ranked #1 Business application in 98 countries *****
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the ‘Document Capture' category in the Mobile Star Awards *****
Use your iPhone/iPad with FineScanner to scan paper documents, books, agreements, receipts, magazine articles, notes, recipes, charts, tables, slides, whiteboards or even billboards on the street and get perfect digital copies.
• PDF & JPG. Scan any printed or hand-written text and save scans to JPEG images or cross-platform PDF documents.
• BOOKSCAN TECH. Enable the Book mode in your camera and take snapshots of facing book pages. BookScan will split the opposing pages into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will then unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a conventional scanner (Internet required, up to 100 pages per document).
• OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic, and CJK alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats (docx, pdf, txt, and more), preserving the original document formatting such as lists, tables, and headers (Internet required).
• Siri shortcuts. To open scans with Siri create Siri shortcut in document properties.
• ANNOTATE SCANS. Discover our set of easy-to-use tools to modify your PDFs: add your signature or a text box, use highlighter, write with a pen, or conceal sensitive content with the redaction tool.
• 3D TOUCH & SPOTLIGHT SEARCH SUPPORT.
• PASSWORD ON PDF. Add a password for the image-only PDF files while exporting and sending via email.
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit, and enhance separate images or large multi-page documents without any additional selection on viewfinder (up to 100 pages per document).
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside app with tags and search capabilities
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send results by e-mail, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote and more, transfer docs to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
The free version is ad-supported and allows you to save 5 documents.
Premium Account auto-renewable subscription allows using all functions of this app. Subscription length periods: 1 month with 7 days free trial, and 1 year. The subscription is automatically renewed at the end of the period unless you choose to cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase. You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
CORPORATE VOLUME LICENSING
If you are interested in volume licensing (from 50 licenses) for your company or any customization of the app, please contact us at email@example.com
Do you like Finescanner? Please leave a review!
Thanks a lot!
+ Overall stability improvements.
The most important in previous releases:
+ Accelerated app launch.
+ Improved interface for the new iPad Pro.
+ Camera supports 60 frames per second.
+ Siri Shortcuts support.
We would appreciate your reviews on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Expensive for the lack of efficiency
If all you’re looking for is the ability to occasionally scan a PDF/file/image to attach to an email, this works great. However, if you’re using it everyday for something like scanning receipts, there are too many steps to go through for each receipt. Each receipt requires that you scan, crop, name, upload for OCR (which asks to choose the language every time, then wait while the document uploads), then when the OCR is done, save it to my iCloud account (which has multiple screens to jump through to find the iCloud Drive). It’s too time consuming for me. If it was $8 a year, I might not complain, but I won’t renew my subscription unless they offer a way to make these manual steps automatic each time I scan a new receipt.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your suggestion! We are working on improving the application, and we will try to make it meet all your requirements. Have a nice day,
Just works and is my go-to scanner
I got this app some time ago, but hadn't used it for a while, thinking I would at some point use it again.
Well, I can tell you for sure, this app just works as it's intended, and is simple and straightforward to use.
Do some of the features cost a bit? Yeah. However, they are QUITE useful.
If you are like me and have a BUNCH of things to get digitized, use this app. You won't be disappointed.
Update - 2 Nov 2016
I bought a new iPhone 7 Plus a couple of days ago, and with the dual 12 MP cameras, this app is even more invaluable.
Update - 16 Jul 2018
I’ve used this for a number of years now, and it’s still my go-to scanner / digitizer.
As of this review update, I’ve scanned / digitized 603 items that I can find.
The prices for each feature weren’t terribly expensive.
Simply put, this is THE best iOS scanner I’ve used.
However, I’ve switched my rating from five to four stars because there needs to be a better way to digitize larger items (like poster size), and I feel the quality of the images captured could be improved. Everything else is spot-on.
Excellent in most ways
Really a nice app, so I'm willing to put up with some quirks. One of them: since it snaps pix automatically, there are some misses. You can't delete these from a doc until after you've saved it, which is not intuitive. On the other hand, the advantages of auto scans far outweigh the disadvantages.
I use FineScanner to upload scans to Dropbox, which works great. The scans are excellent quality and you can tweak color, quality, and contrast.
I don't know how FineScanner compares with other scanner apps because it has always done what I needed it to do and done it well, so I haven't felt the need to look elsewhere.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the update! We're glad that you like the app. Have a nice day :) Regards,
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 124.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017, ABBYY Production LLC. Scanner app.
- In-App Purchases
- FineScanner Premium monthly $7.99
- PDF Converter $2.99
- PDF Scanner $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.