Date & Time Calculator (9 in 1)
By Thomas Tsopanakis
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Date & Time Calculator (9 in 1) is the perfect tool to work with time. It is by far the best and most accurate date and time calculator available for iOS!
• TIME DIFFERENCE
The Time Difference Calculator works out the difference between two periods of time. How long have you been at work today? - So type in: "17:30 - 7:45 =" and you get: 09:45 (9 hours and 45 minutes).
• WORK DAYS
Calculate work days between two calendar days. Exclude weekends and find out how many week days are left.
• ADD/SUBTRACT TIME
You can add or subtract time expressions defined in years, months, days, hours, minutes AND seconds
• MULTIPLY/DIVIDE TIME
You can multiply/divide time expressions defined in years, months, days, hours, minutes AND seconds
• TIME CONVERTER
Use this time converter to convert instantly between seconds, minutes, hours, days and years.
• DATE RANGER
What date is 10 days from now, or 5 weeks from now?
With Date Ranger you can quickly determine the new date given a start date, and a date range in days, weeks, months, or years to add or subtract.
• TIME ZONES
Provides time zone conversions taking into account local time zone and accepts present, past or future dates.
• AGE CALCULATOR
Age Calculator simply shows your age (years old, months and days).
• TIME TRAVEL
Time Travel calculates the time left on your trip given total distance remaining and current average speed.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
- Date ranger bug fixed
Just The Thing
As a writer, I'm always in the market for apps that can provide the one thing or two that you just don't realize would be handy until you see it. In terms of my writing life, this app is a fantastic tool for fact-preparation or even fiction brainstorming - and in terms of being just another dude with an iPad...well, it's simply wickedly cool. I know, I know...you're sayin' to yourself right now: "What would I really need this for?" Trust me...if you think you don't want this utility...just try it. You'll find out. This is one of about three apps I've ever used/owned/experienced that compelled me to MAKE A POINT of contacting people I know to see if they had heard about it yet. Kudos to the developer. Seriously.
Interesting and Useful
Downloaded as a freebie. I work in a hospital as a case manager. Close to 100% of use will be devoted to adding days to current or a recent date. Spot on.
The interface is on two levels. I like the type of menu selection scheme the developer chose. No mistaking what you want. Once in the calculator, it is equally clean in design and clear in purpose. I'd like to see a "Done" button on the number board to close. Touching off the keyboard accomplishes the same. Notwithstanding, I'd prefer a close and commit key. I certainly won't remove a star in the rating because of my quirky preference.
This app is updated and improvements are likely to keep coming. That means this "Time Machine" will be sitting next to my computer at work. Good job.
2 stars for trying. This thing is beyond awkward to use.
1. Sometimes I need to translate time zones. Yep, it does that. Pick the two time zones and it shows you the translated date of the 2nd time zone. The problem is finding the 2nd time zone. Hint: The are NOT organised by country. Example: If you look for Hawaii, you need to scroll a wheel to Pacific/Honolulu. Honolulu does not show up under "America".
2. The scroll wheel is all the picking you get. There is no searching or any other help finding what you want.
3. I also need to translate time zones to and from zulu (GMT). Neither Zulu nor GMT are options.
4. There is no way to specify the time units between two dates. In fact, weeks are completely missing as a time unit! That makes it just about useless for corporate use (time cards, shipping schedules, etc) where weeks figure prominently.
5. It will calculate the number of business days between two dates, but you can't add, say, 20 business days to date 1 to get date 2.
And on it goes. This app is a toy, not a business tool. I can't do 1/10th of the business date calculations I need. Paid a buck for that experience. Oh well.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 03, 2014
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thomas Tsopanakis
- © Thomas Tsopanakis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.