UX Write - iPad Word Processor
By UX Productivity Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get real work done, anywhere: no compromises. UX Write is a stunning, professional word processor designed from the ground up for your iPad and iPhone. With top-class support for Microsoft Word® .docx, HTML5, Dropbox, and PDF export - plus full functionality when working offline - you've got the freedom to work wherever you want, with the tools you need.
⁕ ⁕ ⁕ ⁕ ⁕
“[...] features that speak to a brighter future for iOS word processors [...] the potential to become one of the word processors for the Post PC generation.” — Tech Republic
“UX Write is a terrific word processor [...] if you’re dealing with complex documents on the go [...] UX Write is the best solution there is.” — Cult of Mac
“A first class word processor for iPad [...] there are special, innovative tools to really help you write.” — The Mac Observer
► SEE IT IN ACTION
Check out our 2 minute demo video at www.uxwrite.com/demo
► HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?
UX Write is designed *specifically* for the mobile form factor. It uses the web's open, industry-standard HTML5 format to give you crystal-clear text and powerful style-based formatting - even on the smallest screens. NO SQUINTING or horizontal scrolling. Because you deserve better than a bloated desktop interface squeezed onto your tablet screen.
Did we mention HTML is the technology that *powers the web*?
Don't put up with encumbered, unportable proprietary formats that lock you in and don't let you share.
• Read & write Microsoft Word (.docx only, *NOT* .doc)
• Read & write HTML5
• Write Adobe PDF
• Print directly from your iPhone/iPad with Apple AirPrint
• Email documents in Word, HTML5, and PDF formats
• Secure, fully automatic Dropbox and WebDAV synchronization
► MAJOR FEATURES
• Work seamlessly between UX Write and Microsoft Word with the *best* .docx support on the iPad
• Reflowable text (like e-books and web pages) that automatically adapts to your screen size & orientation
• View text comfortably at your preferred size, without changing document formatting
• Works perfectly offline - no internet connection required
• Styles for quick, consistent formatting across your documents
• Headings, lists, tables, and figures
• Outline view and editing for quickly navigating and restructuring large documents
• Automatic numbering, cross-references, table of contents, list of figures & tables
• Find & replace, spell checking, word count
• User interface localised for English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Thai
• *Bluetooth keyboard* support, including all shortcuts
• Enhanced on-screen keyboard and “virtual trackpad” for convenient editing
• Enhanced auto-correct takes the headache out of typos
• Preview and restore old versions of documents stored on Dropbox!
• Voice dictation (on supported devices)
• Top-notch support direct from the developers, no automated support tickets or “customer support representatives”
• Free upgrades as new versions of UX Write are released (lots coming!)
• Check out www.uxwrite.com for more...
Check out our website at www.uxwrite.com, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
⁕ ⁕ ⁕ ⁕ ⁕
“It handles high-end professional authoring tasks such as creating books, reports, research papers, and theses, for a surprisingly economical price.” — Forbes
What's New in Version 1.2.3
- Dictation causes some text preceding cursor to disappear
- Pressing backspace after an autocorrect highlight causing following paragraph to merge with current one
- Box App2App compatibility update for iOS 7
Even apps that have nothing to do with word processing could learn from this program. The developer really understands what works and what doesn't on the iPad, and as a result, the process is simplified without being stupidified.
Everything just works, simply and quickly, down to details like your footnotes being preserved in docx files even though the app doesn't support them. Not perfect, but far and away one of the best apps I've seen for iOS ... one that gives me hope that our tablet future doesn't have to mean giving up on programs that really help you do things. Bravo!
Doesn’t play well with Word
I very much wanted this program to work, especially since it's so expensive! At this point it's very limited in what it can do with Word documents, which is nothing very complicated style wise. It definitely doesn't play well with Word tables; it tends to eat up bits and pieces of content and inserts odd characters here and there. It also visibly inserts odd tab commands that you can't delete in the app, but at least they don't appear in Word. Fortunately my documents are stored in the cloud, so I could go back and get an earlier version of the document. I am very disappointed and really wanted this app to work, but it's not there yet at least for what I want it to do; hopefully someday. At this point I will stick with CloudOn, it's a pretty good app, it just works slow and you can't access documents offline, but at least it doesn't eat up work I've already done!
Still The Best Word App
Works with the rich text world of Word .docx files perfectly. No need for horizontal scrolling (a frustrating weakness of Pages) and syncs with Dropbox (which is more versatile than iCloud). The app is so good that people are putting out bootleg versions of this app (watch out for them!). I continue to make use of the app. Especially nice since it is lightweight on the memory: less than 10 MB vs several hundred for Pages. In fact, if the app's creator is so inclined, it would be great to see a version of this that supports Pages.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 23, 2013
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai
- Seller: UX Productivity Pty Ltd
- © 2011-2013 UX Productivity Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.