By La maison de Spinoza
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PerfectPower is the reference embedded system in automotive power / performances measurements!
It is basically a revolutionary smartphone app of automotive power / performances measure that includes 14 unprecedented features and that quickly established itself as the reference smartphone app in the domain, by being the most reliable, the most complete, and the most independent.
But it is above all the reference embedded system in automotive power / performances measurements, which offering the best price / results reliability / variety of functionalities / working independence ratio!
Four major goals:
- Measuring the corrected engine power, standing start runs, flying start runs, and max speed of its car
- Simulating all the performances of its car (standing start runs, flying start runs, max speed, ideal max speeds)
- Measuring lap times on track
- Making engine development with the same efficiency as on chassis dynamometer
Seven key points:
- Unprecedented measurement accuracy in smartphone app and comparable to that of pro equipments (proves on the site)
- Unprecedented variety of functionalities all equipments combined
- Total working independence (doesn't require any connection to any external equipment)
- Costs only 17 euros
- Developed by a former calculations engineer of Citroën Sport who created it with the firm intention to render the same services as professional or semi-professional equipments more expensive
- Used daily by Digiservices, the French specialist in engine reprogramming, which concluded a partnership with PerfectPower on MAR 07, 2016
- Three PerfectPower tests campaigns (2016/2017) with cars of all types of transmission (FWD, RWD, and AWD) for a tuning of the highest level (results soon published on the site)
But better than a long speech, here is the link of the site which will convince you of its unique status:
ATTENTION: This 4.0.3 version is sold at 17 euros, but two major successive evolutions (4.1, 5.0) will take place in the next weeks, which will be displayed respectively at 22 and 27 euros. However, the update will be systematically free from any of these versions.
What's New in Version 4.0.3
1) IMPORTANT: For all iPhone with iOS 11.2: All graphics (power and accelerations) and performances simulation are automatically and temporarily set to 0, for reasons explained at this link: www.perfectpower-cars.eu/#PPCI
2) Changing the home message accordingly
1) All adaptations to iOS 11
2) Minimum iOS version required: 9 (7 before) - iPhone "min" that can accommodates this OS: iPhone 4S
3) A single mode of power measurement for user simplification (the GPS correction mode becomes this single mode: deletion of the Normal mode -obsolete because on the only basis of the accelerometer- and Rev correction mode -which will be replaced in the next 4.1 version by a "Maximum speed correction" available in the results sheet-)
4) A single mode of acceleration measurement for user simplification (the GPS correction mode becomes this single mode: deletion of the Normal mode -obsolete because on the only basis of the accelerometer-)
5) Optimization of the following two points:
- Calculation of losses (losses "under load" -losses proportional to the transmitted torque, "alpha C" type- and "passive" losses -losses independent of the transmitted torque, "a + bV^2" type-) for power measurements
- End of curve processing for power measurements
6) Optimization of the GPS correction law of the accelerometer informations for even more precise and regular results, and it is now adapted to all frequencies of GPS receivers (from 1 Hz to 20 Hz or +)
7) Deletion of the general calibration procedure that has become obsolete.
8) Specific calibration time for power and acceleration measurements reduced from 2 s to 1 s
9) Elimination of the taking into account of the pitch (rearing of the car with the acceleration) in the calculations of the power and acceleration measurements in the old Normal mode.
10) Modification of the technic of stopping power and acceleration measurements: if it is still done after 3 seconds of freewheel deceleration, it is now based on GPS informations and no longer accelerometer (gain of "stability", the GPS being insensitive to the parasitic effects of slope and quality of the road)
11) Optimization of the measurement control system
12) Removing the 10 pre-installed cars to leave only one, the default car: Aston Martin DBS
13) Optimization of the following displays:
- graphics (power, acceleration) for all types of screens (iPhone 4S, 5 / 5S / 5C, 6 / 6S, SE, 7, 8, 6 + / 6S +, 7+, 8+, X), now perfectly readable and well centered
- texts vertically (mostly "sliding" texts) for all types of screens (iPhone 4S, 5 / 5S / 5C, 6 / 6S, SE, 7, 8, 6 + / 6S +, 7+, 8+, X)
- texts horizontally for most types of screens (iPhone 4S, 5 / 5S / 5C, 6 / 6S, SE, 7)
Note: Text optimization horizontally on the screens of iPhone 6 + / 6S + / 7 + / 8 / 8 + / X is relatively long, it will only be performed in the next 4.1 version, this version 4.0 had to be released as quickly as possible , thank you for your understanding.
14) Track function fully reviewed
15) Automatic weather data recovery fully reviewed to adapt to the new Internet management methods of iOS> = 9
16) Minor retouching:
- Changing the home message
- Graphic retouching of the different screens
17) Cleaning the program, to remove anything that is not absolutely essential