The Merck Veterinary Manual
By Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**The most reliable reference for veterinary professionals and trainees **
The Merck Veterinary Manual, 10th edition, is the most comprehensive mobile resource for veterinary professionals and students. Conveniently accessible on any handheld device, it contains authoritative guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of animal disorders and diseases. More than 1,100 full-color images, audio examples, videos, and links to related information enhance the expansive coverage of companion, production, exotic, and laboratory animals. The tenth edition of The Merck Veterinary Manual is the essential app for any student or practicing veterinarian.
• 1,100+ full-color images for enhanced understanding
• Audio and video examples
• Extensive use of tables and charts
• Cross-reference links to related topics
• Diagnosis and treatment of domestic, exotic, and laboratory animals
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all indexes
• ‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
• Optimized iPad interface
Editors: Susan E. Aiello, DVM, ELS; Michael A. Moses
Publisher: Merck & Co., Inc.
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
What's New in Version 1.2
• Voice search (requires iPhone 4S/5, iPad 3rd Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation)
• Optimized for larger iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th Generation) screens
• Bug Fixes
Great Application but.........
The application and the UI are exceptional and defiantly a must have for practicing Veterinarians or the animal owner who wants to be well informed, only one thing missing in my opinion and that is the ability to print specific sections. often times when people are in the clinic and you explain treatments or symptoms the only hear about half of what you say, it would be nice to be able to print and provide them with information instead of using the hardback version and a copy machine.
Stop Googling & get the facts!
Obviously this is marketed to veterinary professionals but it's extremely useful for pet owners as well. My dog has cancer and this app is fantastic for looking up all the complicated terms my dog's veterinarian uses. Before I would Goggle searching for information veterinary information, now I just tap on this app! Expensive but well worth the money.
Has so much information and it's so much easier than picking up a large bulky book. It has been extremely helpful with my vet studies and since I'm always busy this lets me cram info in every chance I get.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jan 12, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- © 2012 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.