NBC Sports Live Extra
By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch thousands of live sporting events that air on NBC, NBCSN and Golf Channel LIVE for FREE with NBC Sports Live Extra. Download now on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, and stream NHL Regular-Season and Stanley Cup Playoff games, PGA TOUR, U.S. Open (golf), Notre Dame Football, French Open (tennis), Premier League (soccer), Formula One, IndyCar and Triple Crown horse racing.
* Video on Demand: access video clips, preview upcoming events, and check out highlights from past events
* Online coverage schedule: browse the online schedule and set event reminders
* Live Events: watch marquee NBC Sports events LIVE!
* Full Event Replays: relive all the great moments with full event replays
* Push Notifications: receive reminder alerts for upcoming events
The vast majority of live streaming content on NBC Sports Live Extra will only be available to authenticated cable, satellite and telco customers via TV Everywhere. Further instructions are provided in the app settings section.
NBC Sports video is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories. The application requires a 3G, 4G or WiFi data connection. Watching video over a 3G or 4G connection may affect your wireless data plan. iPads that support Retina display can experience HD quality video at up to 1080p. The video quality will adapt based on your data connection.
What's New in Version 4.3.4
Fixed bug when switching between different camera angles for multi-camera events.
Always 1 step forward, 2 back
It's a beautiful app with tons to offer: the graphics are appealing, shows have their own distinct visuals, and the options of things to watch is fantastic.
However, NBC's design of the app very intentionally does not play nice with Apple's products or really anything else you might do with your iPad or iPhone. They intentionally force you into a strict experience of their app, limiting options for video playback, sources, and screen setup. Yes, you can view full screen, but it's only NBC's version of full screen--i.e. Obstructed by ads. Using an AppleTV, or wanting to use any of the new iOS 9 features, ar obstructed by NBC's by purposeful design.
To summarize: beautiful app with tons of quality video; terrible app with tons of restrictions to lock you into NBC's strict model. It just defies the iPad's design and the purpose of Apple's new iOS.
Good, but ads are a big problem.
I use it for FA Premier League. I use it even more now as we made a terrible mistake by switching to Comcast which means the full range of games is not available on TV anymore.
The NBC sports live extra app is good for the soccer, but they are ruining it by placing a huge banner ad along the bottom of the screen that reduces the size of the available screen and is very distracting.
Also, why I watch the individual match highlights, each one runs an ad (at the moment for Mini) which is as long as the highlights I am trying to watch.
So overall, good. But it could be great if they designed it around the needs of the viewer.
I'm not buying a Mini Cooper...ok?
This continues to be my go to app for watching Premier league soccer. It has improved with each version and is reliable in terms of minimal crashes if any and content updates and refreshes very quickly.
The three out of five rating is only because
1. I have to watch the freaking mini Cooper add EVERY single time I watch ANY content module. Working in online advertising I'm appalled by how bad your video ad units and targeting are. Let's rotate the advertisers please or at the very least stop killing me with ad fatigue from mini Cooper. This is actually hurting their brand with me. This advertising could not be less targeted and it is super interruptive.
2. For unknown reasons I too frequently need to validate my credentials for my cable provider. At least every third time I log into the app I am required to reenter all of my Comcast Xfinity credentials to access content. Not sure if this is a bug on my iPad or a problem with the app.
Otherwise… I am a happy camper. Keep up the good work.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Sep 23, 2015
- Version: 4.3.4
- Size: 55.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2015 NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.