NBC Sports Live Extra
By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch thousands of live sporting events that air on NBC, NBCSN and Golf Channel LIVE for FREE with NBC Sports Live Extra. Download now on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, and stream NHL Regular-Season and Stanley Cup Playoff games, PGA TOUR, U.S. Open (golf), Notre Dame Football, French Open (tennis), Premier League (soccer), Formula One, IndyCar and Triple Crown horse racing.
* Video on Demand: access video clips, preview upcoming events, and check out highlights from past events
* Online coverage schedule: browse the online schedule and set event reminders
* Live Events: watch marquee NBC Sports events LIVE!
* Full Event Replays: relive all the great moments with full event replays
* Push Notifications: receive reminder alerts for upcoming events
The vast majority of live streaming content on NBC Sports Live Extra will only be available to authenticated cable, satellite and telco customers via TV Everywhere. Further instructions are provided in the app settings section.
NBC Sports video is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories. The application requires a 3G, 4G or WiFi data connection. Watching video over a 3G or 4G connection may affect your wireless data plan. iPads that support Retina display can experience HD quality video at up to 1080p. The video quality will adapt based on your data connection.
What's New in Version 4.3.2
* Added closed captions for Premier League games
* Fixed crashing bug affecting some videos
* Various other bug fixes and stability improvements
Pretty good video stream for PL
I use this app regularly to watch soccer. The stream is pretty good and reliable, compared to most TV channels' apps. Not perfect, but good with solid wifi.
My minor annoyance is that every time I open the app, it pops up with a tutorial, and asks me to select my regional preferences. It makes the app feel a bit dumb. "You must be new! Hello! Check out all of these images of our features. Did you know that Denver is too minor a market for us to have a regional option for you? Do you want alerts about San Francisco? Please log in with your cable information, yet again. Welcome!" Scrolling through this is my pregame ritual.
Essential for Formula 1 fans on the go
I'm an F1 fan but I can't always watch the races live, especially the races in Asia where the start time is 2am or 5am in U.S. time. This app (as well as the app for my Roku box) lets me catch the races in its entirety when I have the time. This also applies to fans of Indy Car racing. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is because sometimes on the home screen it will show clips with titles that tell you who won the race. Obviously I don't want to know who won the race before I watch it. I hope they do something to solve that. Otherwise a great app for my purpose (watching F1).
Average. Let's do better NBc
I primarily use the app to watch the BPL so it may be unfair to judge it based on that limited utility. That being said, it's not an easy, smooth and seamless app. Sometimes the app just closes in the middle of watching. The signal is intermittently dropped too. All that is frustrating on match day. Occasionally, I have to re-enter all my preferences. Lastly, if I am going enter my preferences, use them. I don't want to scroll through all the other sports to find my sport! All that being said, very happy to at least have a platform to watch games when I'm away from home.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Aug 20, 2015
- Version: 4.3.2
- Size: 52.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2015 NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.