Scribd gives you access to an unlimited* number of the best books, audiobooks, magazines, documents, and more. We make it easy for you to stay informed, discover new passions, and feed your curiosity. No matter what you’re looking for, Scribd is the only reading app you need.
Explore trending topics, get personalized recommendations, or check out collections hand-picked by business leaders, tastemakers, and our editors.
Membership includes monthly access to an unlimited number of the best books, audiobooks, documents, and magazines.
• Access an unlimited number of the best books and audiobooks, including award winners and bestsellers in every genre.
• Access to articles from Bloomberg Businessweek, Time Magazine, People Magazine, Foreign Policy, Entertainment Weekly, Newsweek, ELLE, ESPN, Esquire, Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar, Men’s Health, New York Magazine, and more.
• Access to select articles from The Associated Press, NPR, the Financial Times, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and more.
• Unlimited access to the world’s largest document library, which includes official government reports, academic dissertations, detailed scientific studies, and more.
• Unlimited access to a selection of books and audiobooks, hand-chosen by our editors.
• Download titles to enjoy at any time, even without an internet connection.
• Sync across all of your devices.
• Our membership is a monthly subscription that starts at $8.99 which automatically renews unless the subscription is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the next billing date.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We release new updates every two weeks, which means you’ll get access to the latest bug fixes and updated features as soon as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
Fabulous service - even with limitations
Scribd truly blows Kindle Unlimited (and even Audible to some extent) out of the water, especially if you read a lot of serious non-fiction. They also have an amazing selection of British mystery audio books btw. I have to admit I have not run into the 'limit' problems some others have reported. I have no idea why, but this may well be because I don't tend to check out bestsellers or really popular titles.
However, if you are interested in Art, History, Culture, Language etc., I can pretty much assure you that you have discovered Valhalla with Scribd. To me, it's like a massive digital treasure house set up for easy browsing. I often find obscure monographs here I can access nowhere else online for any price. Also rather than waiting weeks to checkout a title via our local library via Overdrive, I usually have instant access through Scribd.
That said, I do still have occasional problems with the search function finding a particular title even though it turns up being included after all. Our excellent local library system makes a valiant effort to have many e-books available, but only has a tiny fraction of what I can access via Scribd. Anyway, 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️'s - a great value and I am a very satisfied subscriber.
Shouldn’t Be Called Unlimited*
I love listening to audiobooks. It’s a great way for me to pass time at work and while commuting. I don’t have the time to sit down and read a book due to my hectic schedule. That’s where Scribd came in. The advertised ‘unlimited’ was great and understood that some title might come and go from availability. However, this month, I’ve only listened to one audiobook and already have restricted titles. I truly wish Scribd would take customers into account with this sort of thing and try to create a solution instead of their auto-generated responses. I’d be willing to pay an extra charge for “truly unlimited” or even if they offer “5 audiobook listens per month.” The fact that they say unlimited* with the asterisk puts everything up in the air. I wish I knew exactly what I would be getting each month. Perhaps creating a tiered program and being more transparent would avoid the upset customers because we would truly know what we are getting into for the price.
Let me be clear, I truly enjoy using Scribd. My only app issue is that I wish it told me exactly how long I have left of a book instead of “7 hour” which could mean anywhere from 7 hours to 7 hours and 59 minutes. I think Scribd is an inexpensive way for busy bibliophiles to get their fix but I think there are issues that Scribd needs to hammer out if they want to keep their customers truly satisfied.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - I'm very sorry that specific books are temporarily unavailable to you right now. While we cannot guarantee the immediate availability of every title, all titles found using our Explore page should be available right away: https://www.scribd.com/explore Still have questions? Email email@example.com - Thanks!
Customer Service Doesn’t Exist!
This would be a fantastic app if it wasn’t for the few issues I’ve had. It started when one of the books I was listening just mysteriously disappeared from the Papp with no warning at all (even though they’re supposed to tell you if it does, which will be an important point for the second issue). So I sent them an inquiry about it a few weeks ago and have yet to hear a reply. The BIGGEST issue came when I was listening to the The Wicked King. Now for this one, they were they actually sent me a notification saying the audiobook would leave Scribd on 2/16. An email I still haemve my copy of, by the way. Anyway, I tried playing The Wicked King one day and low and behold it stops working and I keep getting this message saying it’s not available. Well, this goes on for days and I send in another request for Customer Support. I hear nothing for weeks and so I email them about both tickets, and they email becomes a ticket number! I’ve never seen Customer Service take this long! I don’t think they even exist! Also, if you try to search for The Wicked King before 2/16, like I did just now, it doesn’t show up at all! Why say it’ll be there on until 2/16 when that’s clearly not true! Why don’t you send any emails out about these issues and update your customers? Customer Service just doesn’t seem to exist.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I'm happy to explain: Our search system does "hide" titles that are not immediately available, however it's designed to show "top results" so if you're searching for the exact book title it should appear in the top results row. There are various factors that dictate content availability, such as conditions regarding the deals we have with our publishing partners, general consumption level, cost, popularity, etc. Based on all of this, you'll occasionally see that select titles within specific content libraries will not be immediately available, but the following months' membership renewal will remove this limiting factor - in the meantime, we mark these titles with that "Available Soon" banner you are seeing. The Wicked King is still available on the Scribd platform until 2/16 but you may not have access to it until the next month's membership renewal.
- 204.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Scribd Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
- Scribd Membership $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.