Make watching your favorite videos easier with the YouTube app. Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- Find the videos of the latest hits!
- Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- Practice and learn alongside the best online
- Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, GET YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND. PLUS, ACCESS TO ALL YOUTUBE ORIGINALS.
- Watch the videos you love without ads!
- Play videos in the background, even when you open another app
- Download videos for when you're low on data or can't get online
- Discover original series and movies from today's hottest talent
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: $15.99
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
We added shinier bells and whistles. Because who doesn’t like a good upgrade??
Ratings and Reviews
Video Preview annoyances
First of all, I do enjoy this app. It is convenient and I use it a lot. The only problem I have with it is what I found out recently. When on the feed page, you can preview a video by hovering over it, which is a good feature, but why does it go to my watch history? If I didn’t click on the video, it shouldn’t be in my history.
The other problem just started happening yesterday, where I would “preview” a video by hovering over it, scroll down to another video and tap on it to actually watch it. This activates the audio, but not just for the video I want to watch, but also for the previewed video I hovered over prior to tapping on the one I wanted to watch. So audio for two videos are playing at the same time. It is annoying because I have to exit the video, hover over the one I want to watch so it starts previewing, then click on the video so I don’t have two audios playing simultaneously. Sometimes it tricks me into believing that there is a bug in the video’s audio itself or someone is talking in the background, but that isn’t the case. Please fix this bug.
This happened before, but I thought it was fixed. If you use a braille display with VoiceOver, (which onewould if blind), and you try going to the bottom of the screen with the normal command, space with 4-5-6 (as if that’s going to help you), it goes to the next video. It’s frustrating. And when I go to the top of the screen, it doesn’t showthe usual “video player” “colapse video” bits, which you had before, labled perfectly. Now, I haveto tap the colapse video button, but instead of closing it, it wants me to swipe again, which is cumbersome for accessibility. It’s much better to just have it close when you tell it to. I can’t go to the top or bottom of the page, as I stated before, but this is getting ridiculiously annoying. You are part of google, and you want to be accessible...not doing a great job so far.
And now, updating. 3days later:
I am unable to watch the videos at all, because if I click on one, it keeps jumping back to the one I was previously on. Also, even if I’m not using the Braille display, I still can’t get the videos to stop going to the next one. There is a command with VoiceOver, where pressing on the bottom of the screen goes to the bottom of the screen, which I use to find the comments section, but when I do that command, it jumps to the next video. I’m lowering my rating now. Not impressed Google. At all.
Form over function
This app looks great. This app is not very useful at times and has a number of critical functionality issues and bugs that need to be addressed. Two of which affect my experience with the app extremely adversely.
When viewing a playlist and scrolling through recommended videos, the scroll function will freeze and force you to either select a certain video and then go back to the video you were on or minimize your current video and then being it back up, to re-enable scrolling.
When saving videos to a playlist, outside of another existing playlist, the app will automatically add the video to the last playlist that you added a video to, which includes the “watch later” playlist, and will require users to wait for a delayed prompt to manually reassign the video to a different playlist. The function of manually reassigning videos may occasionally fail to work correctly and require the user to remove the video from its “saved” state and save it again and attempt to reassign the video with the same prompt that had just failed to work.
These are two of many glaring functionality issues with the app that users will not encounter when viewing on a normal computer. These obvious glaring issues, among others, could have been addressed long ago and could have been easily avoided with even a small QA team that had been given half competent directions.
- Google LLC
- 248.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2019 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Premium $15.99
- YouTube Red $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.