By BusyBytes GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You may also like our new App "Over There 2" :)
ATTENTION: Does not work on iPod touch.
Before we come up to the app details, let me tell you a little story; 1 year ago, I bought the new iPad with its really awesome retina display.
It’s such a great product but there is still one thing I’m missing.
Where is this lovely little compass which we all know from the iPhone?
I can just tell you, I didn’t find it despite searching for it in the entire App Store!
I just wanted a
- simple user interface
- without many buttons
- no big advertisements and banners
- built with love, like the original Apple compass
- a universal app for both iPad and iPhone
- and last but not least: retina graphics for all devices!
I believe that there are so many people who have the same thoughts as I do, so I decided to build this App myself. I have worked so many nights to make it pixel perfect and I hope that you love the result!
Like or Follow us if you feel the same way:
I almost forgot the rest of the features:
- tiny size only 8MB
- full Retina support for all devices
- chose skin - black/white
- tap on the North Icon to switch between true and magnetic north
- tap on the coordinates to copy location+course to clipboard and use it wherever you like
- swipe right/ left to convert the location coordinate between the three basic forms DMS, MinDec and DegDec. A must have for geocaching :)
- swipe right/ left to display altitude and speed
- swipe down or tap on BUSYBYTES to open the ABOUT-BOX
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO:
- This App can't work on iPod touch. This device has no magnetic sensors!
- SmartCover or other magnetic gadgets may scramble sensors. Remove it if you have this effects!
- Mail us if you have problems
Help and support:
--- What people are saying ---
Simply North is an outstandingly simple app and is incredibly gorgeous to look at.
Just downloaded this app and instantly liked the clean and crisp look of it.thank you for putting in so much effort. Unfortunately I do not own an iPad with retina but this app is a good reason to buy one. No ads and completely free.you rock!
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- Screen rotation Bugfix
Please rate, follow or like us :)
Love The App
I've had this app for quite some time & love it. I keep a log & need to record my latitude & longitude. A simple touch of the latitude & longitude on the app & it copies it to the clipboard so I can paste it into my word processor. Unfortunately since I recently updated both my iPhone6 & my iPad Air to the new IOS 10.0.2, the app just crashes when I touch the latitude & longitude. Now I must write it down on paper & type it into my word processor.
I saw that screenshot of the iPhone compass, and wanted something like it for my iPad. I nearly gave up until I saw this - clean, simple, and with a quality look of precision. I also like that you can change it to either white or black. I does all I need it to do, and does it beautifully. Thanks to the developer - what a gift.
WORKS GREAT! ... despite the negative feedback because they can't read directions
The developer clearly states that this app will not work on an iPod touch. It's too bad that the individuals leaving negative feedback can't bother to send the developer an email. Instead, they leave negative feedback because they can't read directions.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 23, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BusyBytes GmbH
- © 2014 BusyBytes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.