By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly stream movies and TV shows. Amazon Video includes tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes available on Prime Video at no additional charge to Prime members, as well as access to hundreds of thousands of titles to buy or rent. Prime members can instantly stream tens of thousands of titles including award-winning Amazon Original Series like the multi Golden Globe winning comedy Transparent and the multi Emmy award-winning kid’s series Tumble Leaf, to iPhones and iPads. In addition, select titles are available to download for offline viewing at no additional charge. You can also access titles you bought or rented from the catalog of hundreds of thousands of titles including new release movies and current TV shows, to stream or download to your iPhone or iPad.
With Amazon Video:
• Stream tens of thousands of titles available on Prime Video at no additional charge to Prime members, with select titles available for download and offline viewing
• Access to hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes you bought or rented including new release movies or the latest TV programming, with the ability to download titles for offline viewing
• Stream movies and TV shows even without Wi-Fi, with cellular streaming functionality
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later)
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter
• Stream the first episode of selected TV shows for free. First Episode Free videos include advertising before and during your videos
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from any Amazon Video compatible device for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
The app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
What's New in Version 3.2.3
Easily access your downloaded Prime Movies & TV Shows by tapping the new “Downloads” tab – you can sort by Movies or TV, and organize by download date or alphabetic order
It was great until today.
The app was wonderful until today. Today, they updated it to have a "downloaded" section to view just the individual movies and episodes you have downloaded. That sounded great, and I wanted to download a few episodes for my work breaks because I have a poor cell signal at work. Well, now that the "downloaded" tab is here, the download buttons are gone. No matter which episode or movie I look at, there is no download button to be found. Amazon's only suggestion was to delete and reinstall the app, which did not work. Streaming, the app works great. But the ability to download needs to be fixed ASAP.
Read before buying
It's not amazing. I've watched the movies they have that I thought I'd like, then watched the ones I didn't care about seeing because there wasn't anything else covered under Prime unless I want to pay more. And, they don't change the Prime movies. This is my first movie service. I'm thinking maybe another movie service might be better. I wouldn't join Prime if it was only for movies.
Nice to,add downloads, but no iOS 9 features.
The ability to see downloaded files and clean them up is a great feature. However, no new iOS features have been implemented like video overlay for picture in picture. Might be nice to see it before the release of iPad pro.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 06, 2015
- Version: 3.2.3
- Size: 34.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.