Amazon Prime Video
By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Stream movies and TV shows recommended for you, including Prime Originals like The Grand Tour, The Man in the High Castle, and award-winning kids series Tumble Leaf.
• Customers with Prime can stream a vast library of movies and TV shows at no additional cost.
• Customers in the U.S., UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan can watch videos purchased or rented on Amazon.
• Download movies and TV shows over Wi-Fi or cellular to watch anywhere, anytime.
• Prime members in India can enjoy hundreds of top Bollywood and regional Indian hits like Sultan, Baar Baar Dekho, Kabali, Dhoom series and more!
• View IMDB data about the actors, songs and trivia related to your videos during playback with X-Ray.
• Watch on your Apple TV directly by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later)
• Wirelessly stream from your phone to TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Add videos to your Watchlist to watch later on any other Prime Video-compatible device.
• Access hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes you bought or rented including new release movies or the latest TV programming, with the ability to download titles for offline viewing.
• Start watching the next episode of the show you are currently streaming automatically with Auto Play.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
• Watch on your Apple TV directly by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later).
• Universal Search now supported – search for Prime videos using iOS search (US, CA, AU, NO, & SE only).
• iPhone X support.
Lots of problems streaming on AppleTV
No complaints about the Prime Video content. The app interface is OK, but could be better. I like that it integrates with the TV app on AppleTV, and shows when new episodes show up.
However, I’ve had a lot of problems streaming several shows. Usually force quitting the app and relaunching will fix the issue, or find something that does stream, then force quit the app and try again. I’ve also seen that streaming episode 2 or 3 first helps if episode 1 of a season doesn’t work.
Hope they fix the issues soon. Probably some kind of authentication verification problem.
The AppleTV app is a mess
It is almost as if the developers looked at the problems that the Netflix app has and said “Hold my beer.”
While you can have multiple profiles set up on multiple iOS devices, you the AppleTV can only play the master profile. Why can’t I toggle between them? As you browse around the UI, you must constant press SELECT. Scrolling and screen refresh is slow and very clunky, as if I am using a web browser and nothing is being cached.
It is evident that the reason why it took so long to come out for the AppleTV is because their developers just aren’t that good.
1st version for Apple TV not bad, needs fixes though!
This has been a long time coming so while having access to that content is great, I would have expected a little better QA. That’s why this is a 3 vs 5 star review. As long as they fix the 2.1 audio issue (need at least 5.1 Dolby) AND pixelated video (ie provide options to stream very high quality), I’ll change my rating to a 5! Hopefully that won’t take too long to get done.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 76.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2017 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes