Dosage HD - Medication Information and Reminders
By Hubert K
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Have you forgotten to take your medication lately? Have you ever worried about drug interactions? Do you have a hard time keeping track of your medications or others medications?
Dosage HD puts an end to all of these problems and much more. Dosage HD comes pre-loaded with the details on over 30,000 drugs and medications. Including all prescription, over the counter and even discontinued drugs. The information provided by Dosage HD comes from some of the most trusted and reliable sources in the medical community, including the FDA and The National Library of Medicine.
Some of the most useful features in Dosage HD are:
• Organize all of your meds and/or your loved ones medications.
• Add an unlimited amount of medications and set reminders for them. You'll never forget to take your meds again.
• Add as many users as you would like. Each user gets their own medicine cabinet and Avatar.
• Choose one of over 50 user Avatars or use one of your own photos.
• Drug Interactions. View drug interactions by severity, see whether it's a critical or significant interaction.
• Searching for a drug has never been easier. If you don't know the exact spelling of a drug, just enter the first letter, and we'll give you every drug beginning with that letter. But at the same time, the more specific you are the more refined the results will be.
• All search results are given to you in alphabetical order and indexed A-Z, making it easy for you to jump to the drug your interested in.
• When you search for a drug, not only will you get the drugs that match your search query, you'll be able to see all the other that drugs contain that drug as an ingredient in a separate tab.
• Generate a PDF report of your medications. Then email or print the PDF document. Send a copy to your doctor,family members, or whoever you choose.
• View drug documents such as drug labels and Medication guides. View any document in the FDA database, such as the letters sent from the FDA to the drug companies, and so much more. It's informative and educational reading for anyone taking the drug.
• When you add your medication and set reminders, you'll get a notification allowing you to mark it as taken. You'll never have to wonder if you took it or not. (I know I was always forgetting!)
• Pick from an assortment of fun and new alert sounds for your reminders. Assign a different sound for each medicine if you'd like. This way you'll know which medication to take just by hearing the alert sound.
• Quickly view all your reminders in one place. Just switch users to see their reminders. All grouped by their respective medications.
• View your medications in a fun and different way in your own Medicine cabinet. Just touch the medicine your interested in and get a quick peek at the the vital details or get a detailed description.
• Choose from an array of icons to represent your medications in your medicine cabinet.
• All your medical details and reminders are fully editable so if something changes, just make the necessary changes and we'll take care of the rest.
• Add notes to each medication. Good for writing down specific drug instructions or allergies.
• Add your doctors, dosages, pill counts, amount of refills and much, much more…
If you are using the option to mark your medications manually, You can use "Notification Center" on your iPad to view missed medications and mark them from there. Just select the one you've missed and slide it to open the app and mark it as "Taken".
This program is a good seed for an excellent application. The reminders per drug can be reviewd only and it would be better to allow modifications in time, days etc. I advise to add colors so the user would pick up to have icons similiar to the real pills color. Add an option to pick up your own alarm music from the device's library. I recommend this software to all who use medications and need an organizer. Another similar app that works good is Pillboxie (5 stars).
Not good for reminders
Bought this app mainly for a medicine reminder. If you do not click on the reminder banner as soon as it pops up then it just disappears forever. If you do manage to click on the banner and check off that the dosage was taken then that disappears and there is no way to check back later that the medicine was taken.