Pushpin for Pinboard
By Lionheart Software LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
NOTE: Before you download, make sure you have an account on Pinboard.in.
Pushpin is a beautiful, blazing fast, and feature-packed Pinboard client for iOS. Designed for both power users and newbies alike, Pushpin lets you browse, search, add, edit, and delete bookmarks seamlessly with a gorgeous interface. It also comes with two easy-to-use share extensions to help you quickly add bookmarks from any app.
Pushpin also has a powerful and flexible URL scheme, full support for Pinboard feeds, saved searches, offline reading support, integration with read later services like Instapaper, Readability, and Pocket, and the list goes on. But don't just take our word for it...
~~ Testimonials ~~
"I've said it before and I'll gladly say it again. If you buy only one Pinboard client for iOS, then your best bet would be Pushpin." - Pedro Lobo
"I wished hard enough and it came true: the clean, clear, and stable Pinboard iOS app of my dreams was written and released by someone much smarter than me and you should give them your money" - Jim Jazwiecki
"This is exactly what I want in a Pinboard app" - Alex Payne
~~ Features ~~
‣ Download your recent, unread, or all of your bookmarks for offline reading (including full webpages, with HTML, CSS, & JS).
‣ Search bookmarks at ridiculous speeds across titles, descriptions, URLs, and tags.
‣ Easily navigate to unread, starred, private, untagged, or public bookmarks (or custom feeds, such as unread+starred, of your choosing).
‣ Browse Recent, Network, Popular, Wikipedia, Fandom, and Japanese feeds.
‣ Hide, show, and reorder both personal and community feeds to suit your tastes.
‣ Send links to Pocket, Instapaper, or Readability.
‣ Save your searches and set them as your default feeds when you start up Pushpin.
‣ View tag autocompletions when adding or updating bookmarks.
‣ View and save feeds for specific users and tags, or any combination of the two.
‣ Browse and edit your tags, and view the number of times they've been used.
‣ Add a bookmark by switching to Pushpin with a URL on your clipboard.
‣ Customizable fonts.
‣ VoiceOver support.
‣ Share extensions for quick saving to Pinboard from any app that uses that built-in iOS share sheet.
‣ Built-in iOS Spotlight integration. Search your bookmarks from anywhere.
~~ Native Reader View and Fast In-App Browser ~~
‣ Fully customizable, native reader view (powered by Readability).
‣ Change the font, margin, background color, and line spacing.
‣ Share bookmarks to any app supporting iOS 8 share extensions.
~~ Premium Fonts ~~
New! Enhance your Pushpin reading experience with three beautifully-designed fonts from independent type foundries.
‣ Flex and Brando from Bold Monday.
‣ Lyon from Commercial Type.
~~ Built for Power-Users ~~
‣ Batch editing! Easily add or remove tags, change privacy, or update unread status for multiple bookmarks at a time.
‣ Keyboard shortcuts.
‣ Native integration with 1Password.
‣ Extensive URL scheme for adding bookmarks on the fly, opening URLs with the in-app browser, or viewing feeds for users or tags. Visit http://bit.ly/PushpinURL for more information on Pushpin's URL scheme.
To read more, visit http://lionheartsw.com/software/pushpin/
What's New in Version 4.1.4
‣ Fixed a bug where the app would ask for you to input a username and password if you wanted to log in with an auth token.
‣ Fixed an issue where tapping the tags button on the feed list did something strange. The strangeness has been eliminated.
‣ Fixed an issue where the UI could become temporarily unresponsive in certain rare cases.
You might also be interested in the update from version 4.1.3 (copied below):
Hi all! Hope you're doing great. If you read the release notes in the last version, you know I've been tossing around a few ideas related to monetization and making continued development of Pushpin sustainable. For those of you who wrote in, tweeted, etc., I really appreciated the feedback. There were strong opinions and great points on both sides, and while many of you were more than happy to pay for a subscription, many of you were also dismayed to have Yet Another Software Subscription to think about. And as a consumer of software myself, I completely get that.
Ultimately, I decided to axe the idea of mandatory subscriptions, and keep Pushpin priced as a paid-up-front app. However, I will also be adding a Tip Jar in a soon-to-be released version. If you love using the app, please consider donating so that we can continue to support the product and release updates!
On the short list of best Pinboard clients
Very well featured, the absolute most configurable Pinboard client I’ve found.
-Pinboard is my one and only bookmarking service.
However, bookmarking (via share sheet) is slow for all the clients I’ve tried. So I use a Workflow (the automation app) process, and it’s faster and shows you bookmarking process as it chugs along.
Would be cool if every time i change a setting the app would not freeze.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 16, 2017
- Version: 4.1.4
- Size: 34.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Lionheart Software LLC
- © 2013-2017 Lionheart Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.