ClearWeather — Color Forecast
By Joseph Denne
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the feel of the weather in a single glance! ClearWeather is the only app that shows you temperature by colour, so you don’t even need to read the forecast! Enjoy a clear and intuitive interface—just one swipe up or down for a detailed view.
- Elegant and clear interface
- Current weather / 24-hour forecast / 7-day forecast
- Support for Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Support for kph and mph for wind speed
- Displays local time with locations—no need to use two apps for weather and time
- Weather forecasts shown on a map (rotate the screen to show)
- Forecast time line (rotate the screen to show)
- All of the weather information you need: Wind direction and speed, humidity, precipitation and pressure
- Sunrise/Sunset, Moonrise/Moonset, and Moon phases built-in
- iPhone 6 ready (takes full advantage of the new big screen)
- Share your weather conditions on Facebook or Twitter
- Swipe horizontally to navigate between locations
- Swipe vertically to change between Current Weather, 24-hour forecast and 7-day forecast
- Swipe left on a location to delete it in the Locations screen
- Long-press anywhere on the screen to show (or hide) the toolbar
URL Scheme support is built in. To launch ClearWeather application, use these URLs:
We are working hard on our next version. More features coming soon!
Please write to us before leaving negative reviews, as we can often help with your problem or help you better use this app. If you have any problems or suggestions please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you like ClearWeather, please review it on the app store or give us a star rating.
What's New in Version 2.4
Fixed a minor bug where the app was freezing on launch for some users.
Works Great on 5s, and correct for my area.
(I am not connected to the developer, but in the process of writing this review, I realized how good the app is, and went from 4 to 5 stars. My only real gripe is the colors used to represent temperatures.) I am writing to offset some of the negative comments. After a short (2 min) set-up for the locations I want, this app is right on the mark for the area I live in (north of Berkeley, CA). And this is one of only 5 weather apps that correctly named the little town I live in. The color palette is not my favorite (but I am getting used to it, because I like the basic layout, and it has all the information I require on one page: Temp, Clouds (inc. fog & mist at appropriate times), Date, Time, Day of Week, Sun & Moon Rise and Set times, Moon Phase (so you can know if you’ll be able to see by moonlight), Wind Speed & Direction, and Forecast for the day and week. Review updated 6/5/15: still very good on a 5s, w/ iOS 8.3
Nicely organized design
New note: I'm still using this!!! It's my favorite. I hope they keep up with all the apple updates so I can use it forever.
The color system is great. You can glance over before you put in your contacts and know approximately what the temperature is! You can add many cities, even smaller ones. It also shows moon phase, sun and moon rise and set. Things I look up separately are now in one place. Nicely organized look
My favorite weather app in the summer
I don't do well with heat, and the color scheme in this app helps me tell at a glance which days will be the worst for me. Lately when I open the app, I get a warning that the app could potentially slow down my phone. Does it need to be updated? Please keep this app going! 💞
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Joseph Denne
- © 2015 Clear Weather
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.